Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2014, 10:38 AM

6,071 posts, read 9,095,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
Unless they remodeled the Teays Valley Kroger location in the last 5 days, it hasn't been remodeled.
From my understanding the interior was remodeled. Sorry for the misunderstanding, the outside most likely still needs a face-lift like 90% of the other Kroger stores in the state.

The Charleston Gazette | Kroger finishes Scott Depot renovations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
I just want to buy Fifth Quarter and the Beni Kedem temple and go to town on that area. A nice idea would be to build a new Municipal Auditorium on that site. At the very least, that parcel and where the Sears Auto Center is can be reworked to better tie the Civic Center, Mall, and current Auditorium together much better.
The Municipal Auditorium is an interesting problem. I like the idea of having it, but the current one in outdated and is only practical for local events, while building a new one would be a waste and would be a direct competition with the Clay Center.

Maybe it can be bought by a private firm and turned into an off Broadway theater. Just an idea.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:06 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,148,712 times
I guess I was looking at the definition of "remodel" differently than the Kroger execs. Yes, there are some new produce containers/holders, some new signs, a few new wall coverings and a few of the dairy/meat cases are new but a lot hasn't changed. I'm in this Kroger a handful of times per month and other than the additions to the produce section, it looks like the same old Kroger.

Compared to the Ashton Place Kroger, the one in Teays Valley hasn't been remodeled. For the most part, the store still looks the same, same register styles, same aisle layouts and shelves, etc. Maybe I let the Ashton Place improvements cloud my view.

Old 11-09-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
I guess I was looking at the definition of "remodel" differently than the Kroger execs. Yes, there are some new produce containers/holders, some new signs, a few new wall coverings and a few of the dairy/meat cases are new but a lot hasn't changed. I'm in this Kroger a handful of times per month and other than the additions to the produce section, it looks like the same old Kroger.

Compared to the Ashton Place Kroger, the one in Teays Valley hasn't been remodeled. For the most part, the store still looks the same, same register styles, same aisle layouts and shelves, etc. Maybe I let the Ashton Place improvements cloud my view.
I haven't been there, so your statements are correct. I thought that it was competely remodeled on the inside like the Aston Place is. I would like to see all of the kroger stores in the area getting both interior and exterior face lifts.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:34 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,148,712 times
I agree Chriscross.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:26 AM

Charleston Daily Mail | East End bakery gets a new name and menu

Old 11-12-2014, 01:02 PM

Charleston Daily Mail | Used books and expanded beer selection coming to Taylor Books

Charleston landmark and staple of downtown is going to offer more amenities including alcohol and a used book section. I don't know how I feel about the beer, but more books won't hurt anything. I'm sure that if the atmosphere isn't turned into a bar, then it will be a hit!

Old 11-12-2014, 01:10 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,420,369 times
A book with a pint is just as good as one with coffee, to me.

Old 11-12-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
A book with a pint is just as good as one with coffee, to me.
Yeah I'm sure that if its kept "cafe" like then it will be fine. I'm not in favor a rowdy atmosphere when I'm trying to read/buy a book.

Taylor Books is one of the best kept secrets in WV. I love that place, and would hate to see the place ruined on one business mistake. I trust the owner, who has made the place a destination for Capitol Street.

Old 11-17-2014, 10:54 AM

Update Kroger gas station on Lee Street.

The Charleston Gazette | Kroger wants gas station lot by end of year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston