Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2022, 01:10 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
In my view makes it worse not better... the good news is Wallace will have to live with the visual of him shoving around a little tiny Asian guy, half his size, on the internet for life.
What was RC's punishment for head locking and punching Kyle Busch.
What about the time Kyle went into Joeys pit and started throwing punches did he get anything for that?

It'll show up here and there again for the next few years.. Like Dale Jarrett kicking the car at Bristol.. Or Robby Gordon throwing his helmet.. Or Tony throwing his.. Or Ward Burton trying to punch Dale Jr in his car.

NASCAR probably loved the shoving. Drama = Ratings.

I'd say they're likely pretty happy overall with how it went down. But want to temper the intentional wrecking part. Hence the likely probation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2022, 01:46 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
It'll show up here and there again for the next few years.. Like Dale Jarrett kicking the car at Bristol.. Or Robby Gordon throwing his helmet.. Or Tony throwing his.. Or Ward Burton trying to punch Dale Jr in his car.

NASCAR probably loved the shoving. Drama = Ratings.

I'd say they're likely pretty happy overall with how it went down. But want to temper the intentional wrecking part. Hence the likely probation.
Absolutely... Its all fun and games "Boys have at it "... until it isnt.
Anybody think Wallace would have done the same to somebody like Harvick?

Last edited by silas777; 10-17-2022 at 02:06 PM..

Old 10-17-2022, 02:51 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,410,646 times
Wallace has the attitude. You knew sooner or later if you gave him enough rope he’d hang himself. Oh wait….forget I said that.

Old 10-17-2022, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Absolutely... Its all fun and games "Boys have at it "... until it isnt.
Anybody think Wallace would have done the same to somebody like Harvick?

Harvick's 5'10", Larson 5'6".. Bubba.. Is 5'6"? Really?

But.. Honestly, I'd be fascinated what would happen.. Harvick's gotten into it with a number of people, but the only one that I can think of where someone might hit him back would be Ricky Rudd.. and what he did there was while Rudd was still strapped in on pit road.. Harvick scuttled away (or hauled away by his team) before Rudd got out of his car, and.. As I remember, Rudd fought with some of Harvick's pit crew at that point.

We've never REALLY gotten two headstrong people going head to head..

Gordon did his shoving with Kenseth, but.. Matt isn't going to throw a punch, he's too laid back.

The only real one that I can remember is Kurt Busch and Jimmy Spencer.. Spencer punched him while he was strapped in the car, but that's just because Kurt wouldn't get out of the car so he could do it. If you ever get the chance to watch that video.. Do it. I think it's on youtube somewhere.

This might be it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHt9vXpacrw

Of course, outside of Yarborough and the Allisons which remains the gold standard.

Oh.. There was a tackle for loss in the Truck series a few years back.

Old 10-17-2022, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Harvick's 5'10", Larson 5'6".. Bubba.. Is 5'6"? Really?

But.. Honestly, I'd be fascinated what would happen.. Harvick's gotten into it with a number of people, but the only one that I can think of where someone might hit him back would be Ricky Rudd.. and what he did there was while Rudd was still strapped in on pit road.. Harvick scuttled away (or hauled away by his team) before Rudd got out of his car, and.. As I remember, Rudd fought with some of Harvick's pit crew at that point.

We've never REALLY gotten two headstrong people going head to head..

Gordon did his shoving with Kenseth, but.. Matt isn't going to throw a punch, he's too laid back.

The only real one that I can remember is Kurt Busch and Jimmy Spencer.. Spencer punched him while he was strapped in the car, but that's just because Kurt wouldn't get out of the car so he could do it. If you ever get the chance to watch that video.. Do it. I think it's on youtube somewhere.

This might be it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHt9vXpacrw

Of course, outside of Yarborough and the Allisons which remains the gold standard.

Oh.. There was a tackle for loss in the Truck series a few years back.
No way Wallace and Larson are the same height not to mention Wallace has at least 40 # on him , point being he would have never done that to Harvick for the exact reason you just laid out , he knows Harvick wouldve knocked his d*ck in the dirt. Not just Harvick I would put some others in their as well , Saurez seems to be pretty scrappy .

Last edited by silas777; 10-17-2022 at 05:24 PM..

Old 10-17-2022, 05:26 PM

https://www.dailywire.com/news/calls...from-the-sport

Haha, never going to happen . In fact McDonalds is probably loving it as is their demographic they are trying to reach by sponsering him in the first place.

Old 10-17-2022, 06:02 PM

Quote:
No way Wallace and Larson are the same height not to mention Wallace has at least 40 # on him , point being he would have never done that to Harvick for the exact reason you just laid out , he knows Harvick wouldve knocked his d*ck in the dirt. Not just Harvick I would put some others in their as well , Saurez seems to be pretty scrappy .

They.. actually look the same height.

Old 10-17-2022, 06:45 PM

463 posts, read 285,232 times
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...ogy-statement/

Bubba Wallace issues apology after Las Vegas crash

ByStaff Report NASCAR.com October 17, 2022 at 8:08 PM
Bubba Wallace issued a statement through his social media accounts Monday night, apologizing for his actions at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in Sunday’s NASCAR Cup Series race.

On Lap 94 of the playoff race, Wallace contacted the frontstretch wall after close racing with Kyle Larson. Wallace appeared to retaliate by hitting Larson in the right-rear quarter panel, sending both cars into the outside SAFER barrier and collecting Christopher Bell. Bell is contending for a spot in the title race as a member of the Round of 8 while Larson’s No. 5 Hendrick Motorsports team is in the owners’ championship playoff grid.

Old 10-17-2022, 07:26 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,688,128 times
Labonte 18, perfectly presented.

Old 10-17-2022, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62 View Post
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...ogy-statement/

Bubba Wallace issues apology after Las Vegas crash

ByStaff Report NASCAR.com October 17, 2022 at 8:08 PM
Bubba Wallace issued a statement through his social media accounts Monday night, apologizing for his actions at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in Sunday’s NASCAR Cup Series race.

On Lap 94 of the playoff race, Wallace contacted the frontstretch wall after close racing with Kyle Larson. Wallace appeared to retaliate by hitting Larson in the right-rear quarter panel, sending both cars into the outside SAFER barrier and collecting Christopher Bell. Bell is contending for a spot in the title race as a member of the Round of 8 while Larson’s No. 5 Hendrick Motorsports team is in the owners’ championship playoff grid.
Damage control. Gibbs and Toyota gotta be thinking ... at least our last problem child won races and Championships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing