Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2022, 01:06 PM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
This

Winner DQs are not rare now. Thought I explained that clear enough. I'd have to go back to the records, but it's happened.., I believe 5 or 6 times since '19.
Again, while you are correct about the CUP series. That's not what you said.
Sigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2022, 01:08 PM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Hey at least Chase said Denny can keep the trophy

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...3ac450a9393faf
Class act!! I bet he does want the check though!

Old 07-25-2022, 01:10 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,403,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I'll pull a Labonte18 and say NO to this comment, but I'll also explain why I'm saying no.

NASCAR has said they are going to really enforce any monkeying around with the NextGen.

The 5 car was penalized for losing a tire, so there was no favoritism towards HMS. It's not like the#9 needed the win to get into the Chase. The #20 was not penalized. (I know there are differences, I'm just saying, Labonte).

So why would NASCAR come down on JGR, a very respected team? There are many fans of JGR drivers. Why **** them all off with a conspiracy?

I'm sticking with a resounding Labonte18 NO.
I understand the step up on the strictness but it's the severity of it. They should had gone with points lost, fines, crew chief and/or car chief suspensions, etc. And they could have added a warning to boot. Next time positions lost and yes even the winner if they won it.

I say this will hurt Nascar in the butt.

Besides my opinion, I read about 50 comments on the YouTube report last night. Not good for Nascar.

And I still say that they would had never DQed Chase. And yes again, Hendrick has cheated through the years.

Remember my word more than once "Favoritism".

Nascar just showed weakness.

And here I am acting like I care, lol. As mentioned, I threw in the towel a few years ago.

Old 07-25-2022, 01:50 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,243,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
I understand the step up on the strictness but it's the severity of it. They should had gone with points lost, fines, crew chief and/or car chief suspensions, etc. And they could have added a warning to boot. Next time positions lost and yes even the winner if they won it.

I say this will hurt Nascar in the butt.

Besides my opinion, I read about 50 comments on the YouTube report last night. Not good for Nascar.

And I still say that they would had never DQed Chase. And yes again, Hendrick has cheated through the years.

Remember my word more than once "Favoritism".

Nascar just showed weakness.

And here I am acting like I care, lol. As mentioned, I threw in the towel a few years ago.

The days of "Fans need to know who won when they leave the track" are over.

It wasn't right when Petty won with the oversized engine and kept the win. Pending on EXACTLY what is wrong here, Denny keeping the win isn't right, either. ESPECIALLY now that wins count towards the playoffs. Imagine if it had been.. McDowell who had won, bumps Truex out of the playoffs.

There's a whole lot more at play and at stake now.

It will come down to what the offense is, tho. Was this in the 'gray area' or black and white? Certainly seems a black and white area for a DQ.

What happened in the past has little bearing on what happens in the here and now.

Old 07-25-2022, 03:56 PM

Gibbs' statement.

Quote:
In our review of the post-race infractions on the 11 and 18 cars at Pocono it was discovered that a single piece of clear tape was positioned over each of the lower corners of the front fascia ahead of the left-front and right-front wheel openings on both those cars. The added pieces were 2 inches wide and 5 ½ inches long with a thickness of 0.012 inches and installed under the wrap. This change in our build process was not properly vetted within our organization and we recognize it is against NASCAR’s rules. We apologize to everyone for this mistake, and we have made changes to our processes to ensure that it does not happen again.

This.. Sounds like someone was executed for having a hangnail, based on the way it reads.

But.. You never know what gives an aero advantage, and maybe that 12 thousandths of an inch would. Sounds like something that was left on when the wrap was applied seeing as it was under it.

Seeing as they're not appealing. Seems they're accepting everything.

Old 07-25-2022, 04:01 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,688,128 times
Quote:
Two things.. Keselowski was penalized for modifying a provided part.

Second.. It may not be over yet. The cars are going back to R&D. Nothing says that further penalties aren't possible/forthcoming.
The facia is a NASCAR issued part as well. Larry Mac called out NASCAR on that this morning.

Old 07-25-2022, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
And yet you keep posting.

Old 07-25-2022, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
The facia is a NASCAR issued part as well. Larry Mac called out NASCAR on that this morning.

Well, not sure Larry knew what was done to it. And, if they had drilled holes in it or something like that.. I might agree.

This was a piece of tape left on, under the wrap.

That.. Very well could be a mistake. But, it may not, hence the DQ.

But.. There's a difference between that and 'modification' of a piece, IMO.

Old 07-25-2022, 05:31 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,403,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
And yet you keep posting.
You may have mis-understood. I've given up on Nascar, but Nascar itself. I still like most of the drivers, most of the owners, most of the tracks and even though it's not as good as it used to be, the racing itself.

As mentioned earlier no longer does 1 penny of my money go into Nascar's pocket. Directly, indirectly and in any way, shape or form. I don't even click on any of Nascar's sites any more, lol.

Old 07-25-2022, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Well, not sure Larry knew what was done to it. And, if they had drilled holes in it or something like that.. I might agree.

This was a piece of tape left on, under the wrap.

That.. Very well could be a mistake. But, it may not, hence the DQ.

But.. There's a difference between that and 'modification' of a piece, IMO.
You read the statement on the size of it? Hardly accidental. And it just happened to be clear. Yeah, not accidental in my book. NASCAR teams don’t make mistakes like that. Also note that JGR offered no explanation of why that piece was there in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing