Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2022, 05:44 AM

9,504 posts, read 9,818,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
I have to agree with the 96%.

I didn't get to watch the xFinity race, but the truck race and the Open/All-Star races all sucked. If it wasn't for restarts, there wouldn't have been any lead changes. I haven't seen that boring of races in a long, long time.
One of the better All Star races recently was at Bristol in 2020. Than fans liked it there...but why listen to them?

Maybe SMI can host it at North Wilksboro soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2022, 07:50 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,691,847 times
The All Star should definitely be at a short track. Texas was horrible. But that's how racing is at Texas.

Old 05-31-2022, 05:26 AM

Can we agree that the 600 was one of the best races we've seen in a long time? Very exciting from start to finish. I don't think anyone even complained about the length. (BTW, that was the longest race, by miles, in NASCAR history).

I was rooting for my #5 car. That would have been a story had he finished first. So close. Briscoe gave it his all there at the end, did what he had to do to take the lead so no hard feelings there. Tyler Reddick was super fast on those four tires, but yikes, another wreck for the 2nd GWC finish. Thought maybe the #18 had something at the end, but Hamlin prevailed.

Overall, great racing all over the place on the track. I liked that the camera's focused on some of the mid pack racing, such as the #11 and #22 going at each other before the first GWC.

We need to get NASCAR to move the All-Star race back to CLT. The NextGen car seems to love that track.

Old 05-31-2022, 08:10 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
I didnt see the whole race because our local FOX station made the decision to go wall to wall with Biden politicking in Uvalde. I will say that watching Briscoe working over Larson was indeed some of the best racing I've watched all year. (I really am stunned just how bad Larson has been in this car) so it was good to see him gather it up after a horrendous day and be up there closing in on a second win. But alas Denny Hamlin backed into another one.
Good to see some of those other guys up there racing, Buescher, Stenhouse...

Old 06-06-2022, 11:12 AM

I think St Louis had to be considered a success. Some pretty good racing at the end, some drama with Chastain, and a good crowd. I also liked Mike Wallace in the booth. Somebody needs to find a spot for him.

Old 06-06-2022, 12:21 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,882,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
I think St Louis had to be considered a success. Some pretty good racing at the end, some drama with Chastain, and a good crowd. I also liked Mike Wallace in the booth. Somebody needs to find a spot for him.
I have to agree, but Kenny Wallace was in the booth, or did I miss Mike being there? Chastain messed up with the deal that involved Elliot, but Hamlin was racing, and of course as usual Hamlin got pissed. If I were Ross, he'd been in the wall again.

Old 06-06-2022, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I have to agree, but Kenny Wallace was in the booth, or did I miss Mike being there?
Oops. My mistake.

Old 06-07-2022, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Maybe you were thinking Michael Waltrip as well. The race starting out a bit boring, but things did heat up towards the last third of the race or so.

The #1, #9, #11 bumper cars were fun to watch.

With the Gateway track stealing a race from Pocono, that's always a good thing. Maybe just one race at Pocono will make it better this year.

Old 06-09-2022, 09:19 AM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
I've still got the race on DVR.. Haven't had time, but need to get around to watching it.

I just nosed through the point standings tho.. And... Was kinda shocked.

We've talked that JGR hasn't seemed all that good this year, and.. Honestly, it's really just Denny. Everyone else is doing good, and 90% of Denny's problem has been bad luck.

But the top 10 in points..

1 - Chase Elliott - Which seems.. He hasn't had a 'good' year either. I mean, it's kinda shocking he's leading the points. And he's not by much, only by 9.

2 - Kyle Busch - Mildly surprising that he's this high, you don't think he is having this good a year.

3 - Ross Chastain - Really not surprising, almost expect him to be leading the points
4 - Ryan Blaney - The more surprising thing here is that he hasn't won.
5 - Martin Truex - He's still racing? I mean, he barely gets shown on races. But 2 top 5's, 7 top 10's.

6 - Joey Logano - Not really surprising, this is about the right place.
7 - Kyle Larson - Not surprising he's here based on how he's been running. Bit of a surprise he's been running like he has.. Though, not really, because this is the classic sophomore slump with a new team. Seems to happen all the time. Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards just to name a few.

8 - Alex Bowman - The surprise is.. He has the EXACT same Wins, Top 5's Top 10's and DNF's of Chase Elliott and is nearly 70 points back.

9 - William Byron - I'd at least think he'd be the low end of the top 5 in point.
10 - Christopher Bell - Kinda expect him to be just outside the top 10, but, this is believable. What's kinda not, the point gap back to 11th is more than a race. 49 points.

Then, the people with wins, outside the top 10.. Briscoe, Busch, Cindric and Hamlin. And Hamlin is 19th in points, but would reset to 6th.

Hamlin has locked himself in barring missing races since he has 2 wins. There's no mathmatical possibility he can miss the playoffs unless he falls out of the top 30.

Harvick is the first driver on the outside looking in at the playoffs. 2 points behind Reddick.

Assuming we got 17 winners.. Which, we're at 11 right now, so.. With 11 races to go.. Something of a reach to think we'd get 6 more.. The driver who'd get cut would be Austin Cindric. Kurt Busch is 3 points ahead of him.

Oh, and Almirola is.. Almirolaing it. Right there at the point where he'll make the playoffs, barely.

Old 06-12-2022, 02:00 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Did I just see Chase Elliot take out his gum AFTER the Star Spangle Banner was sung?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing