Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2022, 10:21 AM

17,576 posts, read 15,247,745 times

Advertisements

How has noone mentioned Blaney? He's second in points. Even though he doesn't have a win, I'd put him in my final 4.

I would NOT put Larson in there right now. He's.. Not really running all that great. The only reason i'd consider him is that he can win on any given weekend.. But we can say that about most people who qualify for the chase.

Here's the current playoffs

1) Chase Elliott
2) William Byron
3) Ross Chastain
4) Ryan Blaney
5) Kyle Busch
6) Alex Bowman
7) Martin Truex
8) Denny Hamlin
9) Chase Briscoe
10) Austin Cindric
11) Joey Logano
12) Christopher Bell
13) Aric Almirola
14) Kevin Harvick
15) Eric Jones
16) Austin Dillon

Drivers within a race of making the chase, Reddick, Suarez and Buescher

Right now.. I'd probably go with Elliott, Busch, Blaney and Truex.

Truex isn't flashy. He's just consistent.

Tougher, to me, is the first 4 out.

Dillon, Jones, Cindric and Briscoe perhaps.. Logano isn't running well at all, Harvick is hit or miss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2022, 11:26 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,688,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
It's quite possible that we may NOT see an JGR driver in the Final 4. KB appears to be the best bet right now, but even he is still not having a great season so far, even with one win. Overall, Toyota is struggling a bit. But I'm sure it will turn around.

I agree with Hendrick possibly taking 3 spots. Larson, Elliot and Byron. Be cool to see Chastain in it. Maybe an ALL CHEVY?? I wonder if NASCAR would (cough) allow that.

It was obvious the #11 team would have a harsh penalty. Maybe NASCAR should look more into why this is happening so often.
The 4 race suspension is the NASCAR standard for losing a wheel. It’s a huge safety issue.

Too early to guess on final 4.

Chase just finally got himself in the playoffs (probably).

Blaney is second in points, so he’s been consistent. Just hasn’t won a race.

JGR and Toyota don’t really seem to have a good handle on this car yet. Very inconsistent.

Track house has had really good cars.

RCR has been good.

SHR and 23XI are garbage most weeks.

Old 05-04-2022, 11:53 AM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
How has noone mentioned Blaney? He's second in points. Even though he doesn't have a win, I'd put him in my final 4.

I would NOT put Larson in there right now. He's.. Not really running all that great. The only reason i'd consider him is that he can win on any given weekend.. But we can say that about most people who qualify for the chase.

Here's the current playoffs

1) Chase Elliott
2) William Byron
3) Ross Chastain
4) Ryan Blaney
5) Kyle Busch
6) Alex Bowman
7) Martin Truex
8) Denny Hamlin
9) Chase Briscoe
10) Austin Cindric
11) Joey Logano
12) Christopher Bell
13) Aric Almirola
14) Kevin Harvick
15) Eric Jones
16) Austin Dillon

Drivers within a race of making the chase, Reddick, Suarez and Buescher

Right now.. I'd probably go with Elliott, Busch, Blaney and Truex.

Truex isn't flashy. He's just consistent.

Tougher, to me, is the first 4 out.

Dillon, Jones, Cindric and Briscoe perhaps.. Logano isn't running well at all, Harvick is hit or miss.
Yeah , I mentioned that about Blaney, I guess I just look at it if it was between Kyle Busch and Blaney... even as bad (or not great) as Gibbs has been My money would be on Busch. Interesting that you dont include the 2 guys that have 2 wins, Byron or Chastain. I think a lot of people are surprised how well Byron is running on all different tracks.

Old 05-04-2022, 12:08 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,885,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
That's because as the TV cameras follow the races, especially down the straights, the pan the cameras faster, so the empty seats don't show up as well as they did before. Consider that they took a lot of seats out of the backstretch stands at Daytona, a couple of years back.
Exactly. Most tracks have reduced capacity by 40% or more. Talladega has fewer seats now than it did in the late 1980s.

Reminds me of a business unit I once worked for. They kept laying people off until they got to the point where they were "profitable," and then the parent company made a big deal about our quarterly revenue (which really hadn't changed much - our expenditures had decreased) and sold us off.

Old 05-04-2022, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Yeah , I mentioned that about Blaney, I guess I just look at it if it was between Kyle Busch and Blaney... even as bad (or not great) as Gibbs has been My money would be on Busch. Interesting that you dont include the 2 guys that have 2 wins, Byron or Chastain. I think a lot of people are surprised how well Byron is running on all different tracks.

Chastain I left out because "You have to lose one to win one". This will be his first time in the chase, team is too new.. I think the pressure would get them.. Probably at the round of 8. You never know. The slipper might fit.. But..

Bowman.. Look, he runs decently well.. But he's got quite a bit of the Justin Haley factor. Not to that extent, for sure. Busch saying he backs into wins.. Is not entirely false.

Byron.. Feast or famine a bit much for my tastes. 2 wins, 4 top 5's, 4 top 10's. I'd like to see that more along the lines of 4 top 5's and 8 top 10's.. Even without a win, if it was just that.. I'd feel better about him.

Old 05-04-2022, 02:54 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Chastain I left out because "You have to lose one to win one". This will be his first time in the chase, team is too new.. I think the pressure would get them.. Probably at the round of 8. You never know. The slipper might fit.. But..

Bowman.. Look, he runs decently well.. But he's got quite a bit of the Justin Haley factor. Not to that extent, for sure. Busch saying he backs into wins.. Is not entirely false.

Byron.. Feast or famine a bit much for my tastes. 2 wins, 4 top 5's, 4 top 10's. I'd like to see that more along the lines of 4 top 5's and 8 top 10's.. Even without a win, if it was just that.. I'd feel better about him.
Ill give you that on Chastain.

Byrons 2 DNF's hurt him but even with that he is 3rd in the regular season points.

Bowman even though I did not put him in my final 4, Justin Haley?! Justin Haley can only hope he has Bowman's stats when he's been around for a few years. He's 5th and 6th in points, that's not from backing into wins, that's consistency.
Like he said, " What are you guys going to say if I do win the Championship".
I would like to see him win it just to hear that answer. I suspect he would still be the Rodney Dangerfield of NASCAR.
As for the first 4 out...Dillon, Jones, Cindric and Briscoe perhaps.. Logano isn't running well at all, Harvick is hit or miss.
I would probably put Bell in there in place of Briscoe.

Old 05-04-2022, 02:59 PM

6,435 posts, read 3,140,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
The 4 race suspension is the NASCAR standard for losing a wheel. It’s a huge safety issue.
I can't argue that, but since it's a totally new system, replacing a wheel and hub that has been in place since the 1950s, I would think that it will take some time for the crews to adapt to this. A 4 race suspension, in my opinion, is a pretty stiff punishment.....

Old 05-04-2022, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Ill give you that on Chastain.

Byrons 2 DNF's hurt him but even with that he is 3rd in the regular season points.

Bowman even though I did not put him in my final 4, Justin Haley?! Justin Haley can only hope he has Bowman's stats when he's been around for a few years. He's 5th and 6th in points, that's not from backing into wins, that's consistency.
Like he said, " What are you guys going to say if I do win the Championship".
I would like to see him win it just to hear that answer. I suspect he would still be the Rodney Dangerfield of NASCAR.
As for the first 4 out...Dillon, Jones, Cindric and Briscoe perhaps.. Logano isn't running well at all, Harvick is hit or miss.
I would probably put Bell in there in place of Briscoe.

Haley, in Xfinity and Trucks.. Was always there. Usually in third place. And.. then he wins through some crazy stroke of luck. Like.. Kurt Busch pits and the rains come down.. P1 and P2 wreck each other. Like I said, Bowman isn't to that extreme, but he has had the golden horseshoe stay stuck quite a bit.

Bell is not running bad. Very quietly having a quite good season. He had some horrendous luck at the start of the year, but after the first 5 races, 2 top 5's and 4 top 10's in 6 races. He'd make it through the first round. Perhaps not the second. Maybe hasn't turned the corner, but kinda looks like it.

Old 05-05-2022, 07:52 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,812,678 times
My son got invited to hang out in the Champions Club, with dinner at the 600 in CLT.

He's stoked. Only 15, I don't think he realizes how long that race is!

Old 05-05-2022, 09:04 AM

Twitter discussion on why wheels are falling off.

https://twitter.com/Justin_Fiedler/s...16727703678976

Seems he's, at the base level, blaming it on the speed of the stops. If something goes wrong, there's just not enough time to react.

With secondary issues being that the nut can fall out of the gun and the fact that.. Well, there's 1 chance to get it right vs 5 on the old car. Old car, if you got 2 nuts on there, you could at least make it around and bring them back in to get it fixed. When you've got one shot at it.. It's either on or not. If it's not, that wheel is coming off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing