Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2022, 09:35 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,689,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I believe he is referring to Bubba Wallace who wrecked coming to the Checkers.
I can’t see how that could be. Bubba got clipped by his teammate and hit the wall hard. Wasn’t blocking anyone.

Larson blocked a little bit, but nothing really bad.

This just seems to be how super speedway races end now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2022, 03:51 PM

6,442 posts, read 3,143,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
............This just seems to be how super speedway races end now.
Which I think stinks! If you want to see a "demo derby", or the guys want to have a "demo derby" you/they should go to your county fair.........

Old 04-25-2022, 04:38 PM

17,579 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
3rd stage was pretty boring, save the last 5 laps.

I really like Reddick and Chasten. Totally different personalities.

Hamlin better hope that one race win is good enough to get in the playoffs. They do not look good this year.

Well.. yeah.. When you've only got 20 cars left.. Excitement is hard to come by. Yes, exaggeration, but not by much.

The whole race was.. Eh. Seems there were only a couple of passes for the lead. The outside lane would build, get there, then fall back.

Hamlin.. Look.. Not overly worried.. That team has the ability to throw a switch and turn everything around. Their teammates are running good.. So, it wouldn't surprise me, like last year, for him to win his way into the final 4.

Old 04-25-2022, 07:21 PM

5,172 posts, read 4,943,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
... what the heck happened to the end of the Arca race? They didn't even make the entire distance when it was announced that the next flag would end the race. They never made it to the scheduled distance before the race was called.
Quote:
ARCA ended due to time constraints of getting Xfinity started.

Thank you. I guess I missed that when they announced why they were shortening it.

Old 04-26-2022, 05:53 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,816,320 times
With pack racing, wrecks are just a part of it. We all know that most fans (non-hard core fans) want this type of racing.

With the current version of the NextGen car, had it NOT been pack racing, it would have been a line of cars that couldn't pass.

Old 04-26-2022, 07:29 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Well this is going to be interesting to see what NASCAR does on this.

For reference we all know what happened to Larson for using the "Nword" in a generic way. Here Hamlin actually directed his derogatory remark (meme) directly at Larson who is part asian.

This is going to be very interesting to see if NASCAR is consistent or will they have a double standard.
If they are consistent.... things just went from bad to worse for Hamlin.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2022/04...bubba-wallace/

Old 04-26-2022, 07:37 AM

I get the feeling Kyle is just dismayed that sponsors aren't knocking down the doors to sponsor Kyle Busch.
https://www.foxsports.com/stories/na...f-2023-sponsor

Old 04-26-2022, 09:16 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,816,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I get the feeling Kyle is just dismayed that sponsors aren't knocking down the doors to sponsor Kyle Busch.
https://www.foxsports.com/stories/na...f-2023-sponsor
This must be some conjured up drama. For petes sake, Kyle is one of the all time best NASCAR drivers. He's a great spokesperson for his sponsors.

I know Kyle has been saying that he doesn't know his future past this season. He has also said that there is no other team he would fit in to.

M&M's dropping out of NASCAR is a big deal, but I'm certain a major sponsor would love to be on the 18 if KB is driving it.

Old 04-26-2022, 10:27 AM

17,579 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Well this is going to be interesting to see what NASCAR does on this.

For reference we all know what happened to Larson for using the "Nword" in a generic way. Here Hamlin actually directed his derogatory remark (meme) directly at Larson who is part asian.

This is going to be very interesting to see if NASCAR is consistent or will they have a double standard.
If they are consistent.... things just went from bad to worse for Hamlin.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2022/04...bubba-wallace/

Not on the same level.. But yeah.. Someone's going to sensitivity training at the very least.

Old 04-26-2022, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Not on the same level.. But yeah.. Someone's going to sensitivity training at the very least.
Not on the same level , because ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing