Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2022, 09:52 PM

8,604 posts, read 14,885,270 times

Advertisements

Zero on-track lead changes at Martinsville tonight. Even the overtime was anticlimactic. NASCAR has to fix what they're doing on short tracks because it's not working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2022, 09:41 AM

6,432 posts, read 3,140,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Zero on-track lead changes at Martinsville tonight. Even the overtime was anticlimactic. NASCAR has to fix what they're doing on short tracks because it's not working.
I agree. They might as well just cut "slots" into the tracks, put electric motors IN the cars, take the drivers OUT of the cars, and let the "drivers" use a remote controller, from the infield........

Old 04-10-2022, 04:50 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Lost all respect for Ty Gibbs tonight. Throwing punches at a helmetless Sam Mayer while he was still wearing his own helmet was a total b***h move. Spoiled little punk.

Well, that's why you don't take your helmet off.

Besides.. Remember Jeff Gordon doing the same thing to Matt Kenseth?

Plus.. Watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=surjw7RBseY

He walked away. Mayer came after him.

I won't string him up for it. There were probably 25 cars in the field who were waiting behind Gibbs to do that.

Old 04-11-2022, 03:09 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,688,128 times
Gibbs is not a favorite, but I think it’s more about him taking out his teammate the week prior with a lot less on the line and then being all whiny when it happens to him. $100,000 Dale Earnhardt would put his mom in the wall.

Old 04-11-2022, 09:09 AM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Gibbs is not a favorite, but I think it’s more about him taking out his teammate the week prior with a lot less on the line and then being all whiny when it happens to him. $100,000 Dale Earnhardt would put his mom in the wall.

Look.. Noone is happy when they get moved out of the way and lose a race. However.. There are right ways and wrong ways to do it. Gibbs moved Nemechek.. And Nemechek finished second.

Where I think you have to give some leeway here is.. That was just nuts on the last lap. Everyone was getting pinballed around.

It depends what's on the line as well. I don't think anyone could argue what Hamrick did last year with the championship on the line. but, remember.. There was $100k on the line here, because Gibbs was a Dash for Cash driver. It went to the Dinger.

I don't care for it overall, but the bump and run on short tracks.. You have to expect it. Perhaps not from your own teammate.. But.. Late in the year, if this is Brandon Jones' only win.. It'll get a different view.

I'll also point out that while Ty is in great equipment.. You still have to have talent. I mean, he's winning at a Kyle Busch clip. Remember that Coy Gibbs ran in the Busch series, though admittedly JGR wasn't what they are now when he drove for them, for a few years and his famous moment in his racing career was getting Harvick so mad that Harvick wound up parked for a weekend. In Busch, he lost RoTY to a guy who ran half the schedule, David Stremme.

Old 04-11-2022, 09:26 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Ty Gibbs has a lot of talent. His grandpappy needs to move him up to Cup car this season. Just let him get some laps and get used to it, before they create a spot for him next year. Which you know they are going to do. Maybe add a third car to 23XI?

Toyota has also been hinting of adding a third team for next season once the NextGen supply chain issues get all worked out.

Old 04-11-2022, 09:27 AM

Quote:
...... $100,000 Dale Earnhardt would put his mom in the wall.

Old 04-11-2022, 09:28 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Wasn't able to watch the entire Martinsville race Saturday night, but it seemed to be somewhat of a snoozer. Little passing accomplished.

Being a biased HMS fan, I was happy with the 24 getting his second win. Had hoped for the 9 though. The 5 also seems to be struggling a bit of late.

Old 04-12-2022, 01:43 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,688,128 times
I’m not saying Gibbs doesn’t have talent, but the 54 Xfinity car is a top 5 car regardless of who is driving. He’s not making a lot of friends and will make fewer in Cup.

23xi doesn’t need to add another car, they need to get the two they own running better. I know many of you see them as a subset of Gibbs, but other than chassis’s, what direct involvement does Gibbs have in 23xi?

Old 04-12-2022, 05:42 AM

Quote:
I’m not saying Gibbs doesn’t have talent, but the 54 Xfinity car is a top 5 car regardless of who is driving. He’s not making a lot of friends and will make fewer in Cup.

23xi doesn’t need to add another car, they need to get the two they own running better. I know many of you see them as a subset of Gibbs, but other than chassis’s, what direct involvement does Gibbs have in 23xi?
I find that comment rather interesting, give the current "state of the art", where NASCAR tells you what chassis you'll use, what suspension parts you'll use, what body panels you'll use, what wheels you'll use, and how much tape you can add to the grill, to help the car perform.

At this rate, AMT or Revell should be supplying the cars, shipped in a big cardboard box........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing