Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2022, 12:12 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
This must be some conjured up drama. For petes sake, Kyle is one of the all time best NASCAR drivers. He's a great spokesperson for his sponsors.

I know Kyle has been saying that he doesn't know his future past this season. He has also said that there is no other team he would fit in to.

M&M's dropping out of NASCAR is a big deal, but I'm certain a major sponsor would love to be on the 18 if KB is driving it.
You may be right about all of that, my point was more on Kyles attitude about it. Evidently the Toyota Boss felt the same...
https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2022/04...schs-comments/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2022, 12:19 PM

Jr to run a fifth car for 5 races for the Hendrick cup drivers.
Interesting to me since the cars are so different what is the gain ? Also only Elliot , Byron and Larson . Bowman not included.
https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2022/04...-cup-regulars/

Old 04-26-2022, 12:29 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,879,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Not on the same level , because ?

How to put this -------Kyle is Afican American. If he were then Hamlin would be sitting in his little office at 2311 HQ the rest of the year. Discrimination is discrimination as far as Im concerned, but some dont see any unless the skin color suits the cause.

Old 04-26-2022, 12:33 PM

Quote:
You may be right about all of that, my point was more on Kyles attitude about it. Evidently the Toyota Boss felt the same...
https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2022/04...schs-comments/
If reporters were bugging the shi...., er, crap out of you about what your going to do, or how bad you ran, or why you wrecked, or why you arent running good, or a thousand other reductant questions youd eventaully get an attitude too.

Kyle will leave on his terms.

Old 04-26-2022, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
If reporters were bugging the shi...., er, crap out of you about what your going to do, or how bad you ran, or why you wrecked, or why you arent running good, or a thousand other reductant questions youd eventaully get an attitude too.

Kyle will leave on his terms.
Yeah, Kyle isn't unique every driver gets hounded about their contract or lack thereof... pretty easy to say " Got nothing to report but when we do you will be the first to know". Or something of that nature.
Especially when you consider what the Toyota Boss said...“He is clearly a little frustrated and that’s understandable to a point. Little disappointed that he voiced it, to be fair, but he knows —he knows — because Joe talks to him a lot of the time how hard we are collectively working to make sure that we have a place for him for as long as he wants to stay.”
I am certainly not an apologist for the media or press.

Old 04-26-2022, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
How to put this -------Kyle is Afican American. If he were then Hamlin would be sitting in his little office at 2311 HQ the rest of the year. Discrimination is discrimination as far as Im concerned, but some dont see any unless the skin color suits the cause.
That should read ISNT, not is.

Old 04-26-2022, 02:35 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,691,847 times
What is “Afican”? New one for me.

Old 04-26-2022, 02:51 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Not on the same level , because ?

One is a stereotype and the other is a slur.

The problem here is that both are racial in nature. One being like setting off a cherry bomb, the other like a nuclear bomb, at least as far as society is concerned.

And, again.. Remember that the punishment from NASCAR for Kyle Larson was.. Sensitivity Training.

His firing was from Chip Ganassi, basically under pressure from his sponsors.

So.. What consistency from NASCAR are you looking to see? Or are you looking for harsher punishment from NASCAR for Hamlin?

Old 04-26-2022, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
One is a stereotype and the other is a slur.

The problem here is that both are racial in nature. One being like setting off a cherry bomb, the other like a nuclear bomb, at least as far as society is concerned.

And, again.. Remember that the punishment from NASCAR for Kyle Larson was.. Sensitivity Training.

His firing was from Chip Ganassi, basically under pressure from his sponsors.

So.. What consistency from NASCAR are you looking to see? Or are you looking for harsher punishment from NASCAR for Hamlin?
Ok , I got you , I will agree with your... "at least as far as society is concerned."

So in other words, if a driver directed a meme at Wallace that included watermelon and fried chicken, then we would be talking apples to apples and that would have been considered far less offensive (cherry bomb) than Larson just randomly saying the nword in a generic fashion (nuclear bomb), in your view? I very much doubt it.

I am not looking for anything for Hamlin. I actually think it was funny , (I'm from the PNW, DWA is real )and as I maintained all through the whole Larson deal people just need to get over themselves and stop being so damn sensitive and pc, but in todays woke NASCAR, you going to start down that slippery slope ... be careful what you wish for! We'll see how they treat this one. Hamlin is after all one of their Super Stars !

Last edited by silas777; 04-26-2022 at 03:32 PM..

Old 04-26-2022, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
What is “Afican”? New one for me.
It is an American that identifies as someone from Afica based soley on the pigmentation of their skin, even though they are not from Afica nor have ever been to Afica and should not be confused with someone who actually moved to America from Afica and became a citizen but cannot be considered an Afican American because they may not have the appropriate skin pigmentation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing