Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2022, 03:33 PM

273 posts, read 655,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Predictable responses from the usual suspects.

Bubba screwed up. No doubt. But he’s not the first, or the last, to pull the same stunt. Sure Bubba gets penalties, as he should. But don’t act like this is the first time something like this has happened.

Bell’s crew chief said it wasn’t a problem for him. They’re still flying home together.

I thought y’all wanted drivers to show emotion. I guess just not the black guy.
This has happened all the way back to the Allison and Yarborough days. But NASCAR is not the same today. Add up all that happened here and this incident is not as common as many previous ones. Kyle Busch got one of the biggest driver aggression penalties I remember and he was contending in the playoffs. It was for an intentional wreck in the truck race and Busch was sent home for the weekend. IDK what money or points were involved. This was 11 years ago so not totally relevant.

Harvick has also been suspended for intentional wrecking. It will happen IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2022, 03:35 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I dont care what color he is, taking out another competitor at near wide open speeds is cause for discipline.
Don't waste your time. Some people can't see past skin color.
Wallaces behavior and attitude is a direct result of that.
When you are told you are special and treated as such because of your skin color you start believing it ... and act accordingly.

Old 10-16-2022, 03:41 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,688,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I dont care what color he is, taking out another competitor at near wide open speeds is cause for discipline.
Carl Edwards got a 3 race probation for doing worse to Brad at Atlanta. That seems like the standard.

Old 10-16-2022, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Speaking of predictable responses from the usual suspects..

I don't see anyone acting like this is the first time something like this happened, but now that you brought it up... when was the last time someone purposely wrecked another guy at speed ? Matt Kenseth laying in wait for Keselowski on a short track ?
Funny, the guy who states he doesn’t watch NASCAR anymore, shows up the moment Bubba pulls a boneheaded move.

You’ve made your personal biases very clear for your time in this discussion. Go get your rebel flag and have a nice life. You’ll be on ignore from now on.

Old 10-16-2022, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Funny, the guy who states he doesn’t watch NASCAR anymore, shows up the moment Bubba pulls a boneheaded move.

You’ve made your personal biases very clear for your time in this discussion. Go get your rebel flag and have a nice life. You’ll be on ignore from now on.
Hahaha ... whatever. If I had a nickel every time you bring up the "Rebel" flag and put me on ignore. But that is what people do when they can't defend their accusations or argument.
I've pretty much commented on the last 3 races... odds are pretty good every race Wallace is going to do or say something boneheaded.

Old 10-16-2022, 04:10 PM

6,432 posts, read 3,137,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehcsrop View Post
This has happened all the way back to the Allison and Yarborough days. But NASCAR is not the same today. Add up all that happened here and this incident is not as common as many previous ones.
I agree, and while Bubba may have been po'ed at the moment, but instead of waiting to after the race, in the garage area, his temper tantrum took 3 cars out of the race, one of them being his own....

Old 10-16-2022, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
not a chance NASCAR will do anything.
I'm probably wrong on that. My kid says his own fans are eating him alive on social media... NASCAR will have to do something even if they don't want to, because of the pressure they are going to get.

Old 10-16-2022, 05:45 PM

273 posts, read 655,226 times
I know this thread is 96 pages long and I'm a newbie to it, but I didn't know you guys were as nasty as the drivers.

I watch anything that has rubber tires on it if it's fast and running against something else. There isn't enough racing on TV for me anymore. YouTube to the rescue.

Been racing and spectating for many years and way before any TV. I sure did like it when it was more of a gentleman's sport. But there's always been an element to circle racing that involves fights. It's only in the last decade that I've seen the nastiness in other forms of racing. I think it has to do with the safety of the cars. Do **** like Bubba in a sprint car and someone gets killed.

Anyone remember Tony Stewart?

Old 10-16-2022, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehcsrop View Post
I know this thread is 96 pages long and I'm a newbie to it, but I didn't know you guys were as nasty as the drivers.

I watch anything that has rubber tires on it if it's fast and running against something else. There isn't enough racing on TV for me anymore. YouTube to the rescue.

Been racing and spectating for many years and way before any TV. I sure did like it when it was more of a gentleman's sport. But there's always been an element to circle racing that involves fights. It's only in the last decade that I've seen the nastiness in other forms of racing. I think it has to do with the safety of the cars. Do **** like Bubba in a sprint car and someone gets killed.

Anyone remember Tony Stewart?
Yep. Tony actually killed another human being and got away with it.

I agree fully that Bubba must be punished. He really needs to grow up. And sponsors can make that happen better than anyone else. Denny hasn’t always been the most level headed guy, so you probably won’t get much from him.

Old 10-16-2022, 08:44 PM

5,170 posts, read 6,136,412 times
Luckily Kyle handled it like a gentleman, thirty years ago if this happened you could pretty much bet that that helmet in Kyles hand would have landed slap up the other drivers head after being subjected to that much shoving.

NASCAR wanted this points system to bring out the craziness of the playoffs and it’s causing a lot of frustration with the drivers as sometimes luck is taking the place of driver skills in getting to the championship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing