Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2022, 08:54 AM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times

Advertisements

Looks like Tony isnt too pleased with the new NASCAR either....
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...cdf7bb93cdff73

“Super glad I’m going drag racing this weekend,” said Stewart, who has a car in each of NHRA's top two divisions. "If it weren’t for the fact that I’ve got a couple of appearances that I have to make, I wouldn’t be in another NASCAR race the rest of the year. Wouldn’t waste my time.”

Asked if he was still having fun with NHRA, Stewart responded, “Love it. The atmosphere is way different, way different. And I like the atmosphere there, I have all year.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2022, 09:06 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,877,474 times
Looking more and more like Chicago is NOT going to happen next year. Residents are pizzed about it blocking and closing roads on the July 4th weekend. Forgot to post it when I saw it, now forgot where I saw it.

Old 10-13-2022, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Looks like Tony isnt too pleased with the new NASCAR either....
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...cdf7bb93cdff73

“Super glad I’m going drag racing this weekend,” said Stewart, who has a car in each of NHRA's top two divisions. "If it weren’t for the fact that I’ve got a couple of appearances that I have to make, I wouldn’t be in another NASCAR race the rest of the year. Wouldn’t waste my time.”

Asked if he was still having fun with NHRA, Stewart responded, “Love it. The atmosphere is way different, way different. And I like the atmosphere there, I have all year.”
Filters wont let me say what I think about what he said, but its his own fault for spending too much time away from Nascar. I wouldnt be surprised if when contracts are up, the team shuts down.

Old 10-13-2022, 09:39 AM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
In bold is the really the only reason why 2022 season was exciting. While we knew going in there would be growing pains with the NextGen car, some of the races this year were pathetic.

The NextGen car was built for road courses they say. For the most part, especially the Roval Sunday, the road course races were not exciting, due to lack of passing. Short tracks/Super Speedways also suffered (which is the sports bread and butter). We only got good racing on mile and halfs (which used to be the opposite).

I'm not sure what more NASCAR can do with the form factor of the NextGen, but they could give the drivers more horsepower at some tracks.

The road courses are ticking me off because you have a late caution and.. Respect goes out the window. It's dive bomb, spin the guy beside you out and continue on while leaving carnage in your wake.

It wasn't quite so bad at the Roval compared to some earlier this year.

And yes.. There's been stinkers.. BUt, we have that every year.. If we had one or two more this year.. That's where i'd put it.

Some of the races were saved by late race cautions. Bristol dirt as an example. Honestly.. I'm kinda over that. You want to race on dirt, go out to Eldora or another dirt track.

Old 10-13-2022, 09:39 AM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Filters wont let me say what I think about what he said, but its his own fault for spending too much time away from Nascar. I wouldnt be surprised if when contracts are up, the team shuts down.
So you believe that Tony had the power to keep NASCAR from going in the direction they have, If he would have just spent more time there? I think not, I personally believe he saw the changes happening and much like many of us older fans don't like it, so he found other ways to get his racing fix, like SRX and drag racing. Thats just my hunch.
Don't see them shutting the team down, Gene Haas probably has something to say about that. I could see Tony selling off his interest, maybe to Harvick, but then again Harvick doesn't seemed to be thrilled about the state of NASCAR right now either.
I have often thought it must be pretty painful for some of the guys, (owners/drivers) who have been around for long time to endure what NASCAR is doing, they have so much invested like Childress, it is all he has ever done.

Old 10-13-2022, 09:44 AM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Looking more and more like Chicago is NOT going to happen next year. Residents are pizzed about it blocking and closing roads on the July 4th weekend. Forgot to post it when I saw it, now forgot where I saw it.

Really? I haven't heard this.. Well, let me put it this way. I'm not surprised Chicago residents are complaining.. But I haven't heard it's hit these levels. They're talking about trying to do it in NYC. Gah.. NASCAR has such a boner for NYC..

The only things I can find are from back in July and August, where some of the city aldermen are complaining that the city doesn't get enough money.

Wonder if they'll require the passenger side window be bulletproof.

Old 10-13-2022, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
So you believe that Tony had the power to keep NASCAR from going in the direction they have, If he would have just spent more time there? I think not, I personally believe he saw the changes happening and much like many of us older fans don't like it, so he found other ways to get his racing fix, like SRX and drag racing. Thats just my hunch.
Don't see them shutting the team down, Gene Haas probably has something to say about that. I could see Tony selling off his interest, maybe to Harvick, but then again Harvick doesn't seemed to be thrilled about the state of NASCAR right now either.
I have often thought it must be pretty painful for some of the guys, (owners/drivers) who have been around for long time to endure what NASCAR is doing, they have so much invested like Childress, it is all he has ever done.
His TEAM, not Nascar. If the time he spent on drag racing and SRX were put into his Nascar teams, they would be doing better.

Old 10-13-2022, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Really? I haven't heard this.. Well, let me put it this way. I'm not surprised Chicago residents are complaining.. But I haven't heard it's hit these levels. They're talking about trying to do it in NYC. Gah.. NASCAR has such a boner for NYC..

The only things I can find are from back in July and August, where some of the city aldermen are complaining that the city doesn't get enough money.

Wonder if they'll require the passenger side window be bulletproof.
Ill have to check my history when I get home, if I have time today, to see where I saw that.

Old 10-13-2022, 10:04 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Also not surprised about Chicago. Plus the cars are not doing that well on road courses. I would put it off a year, pick a different time of year and fix the cars first.

Old 10-13-2022, 03:31 PM

6,432 posts, read 3,140,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
.........Wonder if they'll require the passenger side window be bulletproof.
And have locking lug nuts............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing