Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2022, 05:54 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,820,096 times

Advertisements

Wow... what a race! The last 3 laps! The rest was hours of everyone driving around in the same position until it was time to pit. The only good thing about the abundance of commercials was you didnt have to worry about missing anything because everyone would be in the same position they were before the commercials. Wasnt a race it was a pit strategy contest... What garbage. Nascar thinks they are having financial problems now... its going to get a lot worse with these hours long bore fests.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mot...fs/ar-AA12Ih09

Last edited by silas777; 10-09-2022 at 06:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2022, 08:04 PM

5,716 posts, read 4,685,139 times
This is why I don’t make predictions. Who had last year’s champion dropping out?

Old 10-09-2022, 09:14 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,654,340 times
Chase, being a jerk again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fVj0N1r_A8

Old 10-10-2022, 06:56 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,809,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
This is why I don’t make predictions. Who had last year’s champion dropping out?
Sucks to see that, but it's been a very unpredictable year.

While I'm a fan of the #5, I see no issue with Cole Custer (teammate) slowing and letting the #14 divebomb that corner to gain two spots on the last lap. Supposedly NASCAR is looking into it, but won't effect the playoff standings.

Old 10-10-2022, 07:09 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,809,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I think your right on about Hamlin and Martin... If Martin is the greatest driver to never win a Championship Denny is a close second. I don't like him, but you can't argue with his record. I would also add Hamlin has probably been through more car changes and variations than Mark.
Agree also with Saurez also except, as you might guess I'm a Hendrick fan I would like to see Chase or Larson get their 2nd, if Byron won it would be huge, but he is young has a lot of years left. At the end of the day, I probably would have been pulling for Harvick, his days are numbered and would have been all in for Keselowski if he would have made it. I've soured on Blaney was pulling for him early because I always liked his dad, but the kid bugs me for some reason. I think like you said Logano will be the Penske driver there at the end.
It will be something if one of the Trackhouse boys win it.
Also an HMS fan since I started watching NASCAR.

But I really do admire what Justin Marks has done with Trackhouse. Sort of the David vs Goliath story. His vision is quite different that the other big NASCAR teams.

I wouldn't have an issue with one of his guys winning it all.

Also wouldn't have an issue with Denny winning it. He's 42 and running from father time, who is about to put the bump and run on him and that will be it.

But as a loyal fan, I'm still pulling for Chase Elliot.

Old 10-10-2022, 07:38 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,873,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Again, I dont think he was mad, in fact you can see him grin at one point. Drama where there is none until I see soemthing as to why did he that out of anger. Hendricks expexts better of his drivers, and they (usually) deliver.

Old 10-10-2022, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Also an HMS fan since I started watching NASCAR.

But I really do admire what Justin Marks has done with Trackhouse. Sort of the David vs Goliath story. His vision is quite different that the other big NASCAR teams.

I wouldn't have an issue with one of his guys winning it all.

Also wouldn't have an issue with Denny winning it. He's 42 and running from father time, who is about to put the bump and run on him and that will be it.

But as a loyal fan, I'm still pulling for Chase Elliot.
Suarez is out, so it would have to be Chastain. I would love to see him get it, but I dont think he will this year.

I dont see Hamlin winning it either. Too much on his plate to focus on one thing. I lost any respect for him a few years ago when he was sitting on the wall crying because he wasnt going to get the champinoship and blaming every body but himself. While Im sure it was a disappointment, you sit there and whine about, you do like others and pull your belts tighter and go to work.

Old 10-10-2022, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Sucks to see that, but it's been a very unpredictable year.

While I'm a fan of the #5, I see no issue with Cole Custer (teammate) slowing and letting the #14 divebomb that corner to gain two spots on the last lap. Supposedly NASCAR is looking into it, but won't effect the playoff standings.
What is there for Nascar to look at? If they do anything, then they better go back and do the same for evey teammate who has helped another since teammates were a thing in Nascar.

Old 10-10-2022, 09:46 AM

273 posts, read 655,046 times
Talk about disappointment, did you see Kyle Larson in the pit lane post race just standing alone as people rushed by ignoring him? I'm not a Larson fan but he is good and is out due to no fault of his own. That's raw disappointment and then rubbed in.

So ow it's on to the rest of the season to see who lucks out. That's the problem with playoffs, doesn't necessarily highlight consistency.

Old 10-10-2022, 11:14 AM

462 posts, read 284,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
What is there for Nascar to look at? If they do anything, then they better go back and do the same for evey teammate who has helped another since teammates were a thing in Nascar.
An example might be a few weeks ago when car owner Hamlin didn't pass Wallace for the win. Not saying he could have, but it has been hinted at,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing