Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2011, 10:21 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,114,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plessthanpointohfive View Post
I'm not sure anyone really disagrees with you. Unfortunately, this thread had devolved into a silly argument where one party thinks his economics degree makes him the Almighty Bruce, and nothing anyone says, not even someone who works FOR the US Government WITH African governments, not EVEN when said person holds a GRADUATE level degree in STATISTICS and has 12 years experience, can offer anything that doesn't prompt a defensive, quite ugly, and bizarrely dismissive response. So, I quit talking about it on this thread. I'd be happy to talk about it offline.
If you want me to respect your opinion, then why don't you support it with some actual evidence, instead of just praising Africa in vague terms and then using the fact that you have a government job to back it up?

Old 06-16-2011, 10:53 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,437,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
There is no objection to improving connections with Africa. The objection is to the propaganda that Africa is some sort of economic powerhouse and thus should be a higher priority to Atlanta than Asia. It's simply part of the agenda the creator of this thread pushes at every opportunity in order to preserve Atlanta's fading image as a "black city."
Asia, no, Australia or Europe, yes. If Atlanta does not keep up with its counterpart cities in terms of its ties to Asia, it will fall behind. That is not the case when it comes to Australia, Europe, or Africa.
This is the problem with you. You think people are dumb. You need to take a look in the mirror. You never help your case. What is your obsession with blacks/education/empowerment/etc? You seem to be hell bent to discredit anything that does not go with your line of thought. That's what irks people. You sound like a dic'k every time you get on these threads. Again, head to the stormfront, where like minded individuals can give each other pats on the back, or ass .

Quote:
I have lived in Washington, D.C.; Oxford, Oxfordshire, U.K.; and Portland, OR. I love how you think you know so much about me.
Dude, at this point, I doubt you even live in Metro Atlanta. I've been to to the places you mention. Not fazed . You wish you lived in any of these places. You are an easy target for ridicule.

Quote:
No. I post to provide a reality check to those who know nothing of what they speak of and to counterweight the agenda pushed by certain posters.
No, your posts have never been well thought out. They've always been full of hate, disdain for these people. Honestly, I'd love to see you act the way you do on forums, around them. You are a coward. This is your only outlet. Again, try the stormfront. Your type of crowd, dude. It's not about this thread at this point. It's about your constant racial rants. Give it up, dude.

Quote:
Wow, so mature of you. Very classy as well.
Act like a prick, expect to be treated like one. It's called reciprocity.

Quote:
I only speak of what I am knowledgeable of, which is a lot, if I may say so myself. My I.Q. is above average. Why should I dumb it down just so you can comprehend my arguments and not be so confused by them that you mistakenly label them inaccurate?
Your IQ can't be above that of a retard. You have yet to make sense in any of your posts, because they're full of emotion, not logic. How can a dozen people be wrong about you? Let's be real, Kirk. You have not made a good case for yourself on the Atlanta forum. Anywhere for that matter. You have yet to show knowledge in anything, but hatred and ignorance.

If you dont like a topic, don't bother with it. If something black bothers you, and you feel powerless about it, leave it alone . Plain and simple.

You're only 23....childish at best. I have some pity for you. Your age shows in these posts.

Quote:
If you want me to respect your opinion, then why don't you support it with some actual evidence, instead of just praising Africa in vague terms and then using the fact that you have a government job to back it up?
Respect? You've lost that battle. You're in the wrong area. No one respects you at this point. You've earn it too.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:22 PM

2,642 posts, read 8,275,158 times
OK, hold on everybody.

BBC is not an idiot or an imbecile, etc. Actually, it's quite clear he/she is educated and has a thirst for knowledge and those things should be respected.

So, let's not go overboard bashing his/her efforts to assert his/her (OK, for brevity, just "its") force on the world. We all do that. We ALL go through though the proving ground.

BBS doesn't have NOTHING to offer the conversation. BBV has actually pointed out some cogent academic facts and the possible ramifications. That's not a bad thing. In fact, that's exactly the sort of thing we encourage in my agency because it stimulates conversation and viewpoints.

All BBC is guilty of is (1) arrogance of the likes I've NEVER seen, and (2) extreme naivety.

Those things aren't career killers, per se.

Lookit, BBC, I can't offer too many details because...I work for the fed. A LOT of what I do isn't cleared for public consumption on a given day. I am actually prohibited, as is any federal employee, of going out and spouting out USG facts without prior approval. If you think that sounds crazy...just talk to officers in the military and they'll tell you the same thing.

At the end of the day, I can only publicly represent the USG when the USG tell me I can.

And if you can't live with that...not my problem.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:44 PM

4,851 posts, read 6,133,656 times
Quote:
Do not butcher my argument with your pathetic attempt at thought-provoking analysis.

Oh yeah, you may want to look up the definition of "addenda." It is not synonymous with "agenda." Wow.
See that call a straw man because you knew what I meant and because you can't argue with what I said you have to straw man my argument fail. So let me re post.

thought-provoking analysis? Oh no! I just re post what your saying in fact tell me where I'm wrong? So again.
----------------------------
Quick review or fast summary!

1. You have race war mindset, blacks are generally evil and also you have a messiah complex.

2. Your arguing mainly with white posters, I guess they too are using the economic argument to hide a agenda to keep Atlanta black.

3. Everyone cares about the city remaining black it just so important and serious.

4. The idea or the agenda to fight and keep the city majority black American! is to reach out to black people with different cultures, and not domestic black Americans with black American culture. Yeah that it!

Again so silly and off it's brilliant.

Also I like that you arguing with everyone. You are the chosen one.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:53 PM

4,851 posts, read 6,133,656 times
Quote:
OK, hold on everybody.

BBC is not an idiot or an imbecile, etc. Actually, it's quite clear he/she is educated and has a thirst for knowledge and those things should be respected.

So, let's not go overboard bashing his/her efforts to assert his/her (OK, for brevity, just "its") force on the world. We all do that. We ALL go through though the proving ground.

BBS doesn't have NOTHING to offer the conversation. BBV has actually pointed out some cogent academic facts and the possible ramifications. That's not a bad thing. In fact, that's exactly the sort of thing we encourage in my agency because it stimulates conversation and viewpoints.

All BBC is guilty of is (1) arrogance of the likes I've NEVER seen, and (2) extreme naivety.

Those things aren't career killers, per se.

Lookit, BBC, I can't offer too many details because...I work for the fed. A LOT of what I do isn't cleared for public consumption on a given day. I am actually prohibited, as is any federal employee, of going out and spouting out USG facts without prior approval. If you think that sounds crazy...just talk to officers in the military and they'll tell you the same thing.

At the end of the day, I can only publicly represent the USG when the USG tell me I can.

And if you can't live with that...not my problem.
If he disagree with African nations economic projections is one thing that fair, but to rant about it's a hidden agenda to keep the city majority black. ) fail.... just fail. BBC is not a idiot, he's a racist everything is white vs black people and black people evil.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:00 AM

2,642 posts, read 8,275,158 times
Quote:
BBS ..BBV .... etc
Oops on the typos...a bit rushed...hubby/son returning from long trip and miss them...

Old 06-17-2011, 01:24 AM

449 posts, read 1,178,920 times
Quote:
Atlanta needs to focus on strengthening ties with Latin America and Asia. Those regions will be the economic powerhouses of the 21st century, not Africa. African countries will be eiher overwhelmed by the AIDS epidemic or mired in civil war for decades to come. Not to mention the fact that most African countries have corruption rates that are among the highest on the planet, making it extremely difficult to do business there. Combined with the very low HDIs of most African countries, most of Africa is a loser, even with all those natural resources. Nigeria and South Africa are bright-spots, but economically-speaking, the focus should be on Latin America and Asia.
And Latin American countries don't?

Streghtening ties with particular African countries is a smart move IMO. As you said, the natural resources, oil, and other economic considerations is a plus.

I agree with strengthening ties with Asian countries as well tho

Old 06-17-2011, 07:47 AM

199 posts, read 179,506 times
I just think it's dumb that BringBackCobain would we should just completely ignore an entire continent with so many resources. I don't care how racist or doubtful you are, there are reasons other nation wan to "chop it up" and are involved with it.

I'm also not sure BringBackCobain would think it is a zero sum game. Why do we only need to be involved economically with "X" continent and not the others?

Old 06-17-2011, 07:58 AM

567 posts, read 893,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Yeah, when entertaining the thoughts of an internet personality that bases his/her handle on a dead suicidal drug addict rock star there's bound to be a load of laughs.
So true haha

Old 06-17-2011, 08:06 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,915,008 times
Quote:
There is no objection to improving connections with Africa. The objection is to the propaganda that Africa is some sort of economic powerhouse and thus should be a higher priority to Atlanta than Asia. It's simply part of the agenda the creator of this thread pushes at every opportunity in order to preserve Atlanta's fading image as a "black city."
And that just irks the living hell out of you for whatever reason. You just can't stay out of any thread that has any racial connotations whatsoever, even if the connotations are relatively benign and inherently neutral. Speaks volumes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta