Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2011, 03:38 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,311,939 times

Advertisements

Too cool for words!

Old 06-20-2011, 08:22 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,426,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
Resorting to personal attacks is a cop-out for someone too stupid to actually engage in the debate. I don't need to prove my intelligence online. I could care less if "MisterNY", from the city-data Atlanta forum, thinks I am an idiot because he is too dumb to comprehend my argument.
That's right. Back down BBC....Back Down...

Old 06-20-2011, 11:55 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,108,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
That's right. Back down BBC....Back Down...
It isn't backing down when I was the one who won the argument. You had to resort to personal attacks, not me. Everyone here knows I am intelligent; any accusation alleging otherwise is laughable. Quit being such a sore loser.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:40 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,805,481 times
Quote:
I am done with this thread. I have said what needed to be said, and I don't really care about what anyone else has to say on this subject. It is getting too personal. If you still don't get it, or you are pissed off because you know I am right, feel free to post, but don't expect me to respond.
I here ya.The personal attacks gotta stop.Especially if you did not take it there.So that much we agree.But that said I DO understand how frustrating it is to listen to someone whom you have never met other than on here to make assumptions becaus of the way one might feel on a particular subject.What I have seen is where YOU have attacked posters on threads in a very confrontational VERBAL manner about their post or statements and in return have given your biased opinion the character of that person based on the post or comments made.

For instance:You attacked a white poster and basically called him a liberal sellout because he was dealing with white guilt!What person would not go insanely mad with that kind of statement aimed at them?You put them in a defensive position before you even engaged them in polite discussion.

You cant possibly put people in that position and expect to have a retort in a tone that is agreeable to you.In fact the very reason you come to this site is negated because it seems you are doing more arguing and making inflammatory remarks under your guise that you "are just politically correct.

You also use this term (p.c.) as a defense for you supposedly standing your ground.Most of the time the crux of your statements are not what people so much disagree with as much as it is the tone and manner in which you seem to assume ONE GROUP stands together all the time in defense of these so called anti P.C. comments. You act as if you have the highest moral authority on whats right and wrong.As if anyone who disagrees with you is somehow,stupid,liberal,racist,black,etc..
You cannot understand that the passion in which many of us state these opinions as if they are monolithic is because many of us have felt,and continue to experience what you commonly shrug off as something that was in slavery or act as though we should be "lucky' we are brought from Africa here.Yet does "lucky" describe how your Italian ancestors arrived alive ready to llive the American dream?

You say you are just speaking these things because to many people are scared of the truth and the heat that comes with the real truth,but it never sounds like you consider that maybe your perspective is just that.Somethings are only FACTUAL to some people.A lot is fact.Like many white people in America,they can never understand what it is to be a minority and in a country that has always been your home but not treated you fairly based on.

The very fact that I and others have to hold back complaining for FEAR of being called a race baiter,whining or over stating historical data about things that directly affect us yet is instantly negating by you and a few with your statements like "Irish and Italians suffered too"(true but not the same and they dont suffer from those things in the past as blacks still do today.)as f it has anything to do with the topic.

Their has been a countless amount of logical answers that make perfect sense as to why this could be a good thing for Atlanta,So what if it brings blacks in Atlanta closer to Africans.Is that any different than us doing trade with Germany or Britain?You have made a ridiculous argument in the majority of this thread by creating something that is not even worth discussing.Focusing in one area does not stop us from focusing in other or new directions.There have been MULTIPLE reason as why this is a good idea and you have NOT been able to say these are not good reason for why you think so.
Sometimes I think you just are arguing just to argue because 90% of the people on this thread understand it except you.Again I dont think you are racist but you OBVIOUSLY have some prejudices.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:10 AM

3,711 posts, read 5,991,098 times
Anyone want to bet on whether BBC "living" in Oxford was just a study abroad trip? I'll give ~6:1 odds. DM me for details if interested.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
Anyone want to bet on whether BBC "living" in Oxford was just a study abroad trip? I'll give ~6:1 odds. DM me for details if interested.
So what if it was? Please explain how that makes it any less legitimate. Also, I must say that I find quite it creepy you are discussing me over DMs.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
I here ya.The personal attacks gotta stop.Especially if you did not take it there.So that much we agree.But that said I DO understand how frustrating it is to listen to someone whom you have never met other than on here to make assumptions becaus of the way one might feel on a particular subject.What I have seen is where YOU have attacked posters on threads in a very confrontational VERBAL manner about their post or statements and in return have given your biased opinion the character of that person based on the post or comments made.

For instance:You attacked a white poster and basically called him a liberal sellout because he was dealing with white guilt!What person would not go insanely mad with that kind of statement aimed at them?You put them in a defensive position before you even engaged them in polite discussion.

You cant possibly put people in that position and expect to have a retort in a tone that is agreeable to you.In fact the very reason you come to this site is negated because it seems you are doing more arguing and making inflammatory remarks under your guise that you "are just politically correct.

You also use this term (p.c.) as a defense for you supposedly standing your ground.Most of the time the crux of your statements are not what people so much disagree with as much as it is the tone and manner in which you seem to assume ONE GROUP stands together all the time in defense of these so called anti P.C. comments. You act as if you have the highest moral authority on whats right and wrong.As if anyone who disagrees with you is somehow,stupid,liberal,racist,black,etc..
You cannot understand that the passion in which many of us state these opinions as if they are monolithic is because many of us have felt,and continue to experience what you commonly shrug off as something that was in slavery or act as though we should be "lucky' we are brought from Africa here.Yet does "lucky" describe how your Italian ancestors arrived alive ready to llive the American dream?

You say you are just speaking these things because to many people are scared of the truth and the heat that comes with the real truth,but it never sounds like you consider that maybe your perspective is just that.Somethings are only FACTUAL to some people.A lot is fact.Like many white people in America,they can never understand what it is to be a minority and in a country that has always been your home but not treated you fairly based on.

The very fact that I and others have to hold back complaining for FEAR of being called a race baiter,whining or over stating historical data about things that directly affect us yet is instantly negating by you and a few with your statements like "Irish and Italians suffered too"(true but not the same and they dont suffer from those things in the past as blacks still do today.)as f it has anything to do with the topic.

Their has been a countless amount of logical answers that make perfect sense as to why this could be a good thing for Atlanta,So what if it brings blacks in Atlanta closer to Africans.Is that any different than us doing trade with Germany or Britain?You have made a ridiculous argument in the majority of this thread by creating something that is not even worth discussing.Focusing in one area does not stop us from focusing in other or new directions.There have been MULTIPLE reason as why this is a good idea and you have NOT been able to say these are not good reason for why you think so.
Sometimes I think you just are arguing just to argue because 90% of the people on this thread understand it except you.Again I dont think you are racist but you OBVIOUSLY have some prejudices.
Some of your points are valid. However, at this point I would rather just agree to disagree.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:51 AM

567 posts, read 890,360 times
Quote:
Whoa.. That was a tad creepy

Old 06-21-2011, 07:51 AM

3,711 posts, read 5,991,098 times
Quote:
So what if it was? Please explain how that makes it any less legitimate. Also, I must say that I find quite it creepy you are discussing me over DMs.
It's hardly "living" somewhere.

And I was expecting nobody to DM me on this, of course. If I were interested in actually doing that, I would have obviously offered at least 15:1.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:54 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,426,024 times
Quote:
It isn't backing down when I was the one who won the argument. You had to resort to personal attacks, not me. Everyone here knows I am intelligent; any accusation alleging otherwise is laughable. Quit being such a sore loser.
No, BBC.. You have proved countless times how immature you are. Basic concepts seem to escape you. It's not about winning an argument at this point. It's about your issues that keep resurfacing in every thread that scares you. You dont like a topic? Leave it alone. You purposely pick these threads to push your agenda. That's why I referred you to the stormfront. That line of thought goes well with your rants. I'm sure you're a Golden member there.

Again, Back Down Dude!! Grow up. You're still a kid, learning the ropes. Humble yourself, because Buckhead is not that big.

Quote:
I agree.

Quote:
It's hardly "living" somewhere.

And I was expecting nobody to DM me on this, of course. If I were interested in actually doing that, I would have obviously offered at least 15:1.
Exactly. That's hardly living. That's a step above a visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta