Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2024, 07:10 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,103,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
5 dozen medium eggs were 10.69 at Winco, yesterday.

I was not going to pay that. Went to Grocery Outlet today and the 5 dozen medium eggs were 12.69!!!

That is over 21 cents per egg!!!

Mad and getter madder by the minute at the state government.

The worst part being retired is ALL these increases in Washington state prices are NOT reflected in the national inflation statistics. So the social security inflation increases do not even come close to covering the increased cost of heat, fuel, and food in Washington state.

I was going to start fishing for carp to supplement my food, but the state of Washington health advisory shows ONLY ONE meal of CARP allowed per month for fish caught in the Okanogan River.

https://doh.wa.gov/community-and-env...ish/advisories

I guess they are really serious about having the middle class eat bugs in the near future
Sorry, but I just can't see a reason to complain about a 21 cent egg. Having a 3 egg breakfast for only 63 cents seems like an amazing bargain. I agree with you on all of the Inslee/Democrat agendas driving up prices, but compared to gas, utilities, and other foods like bacon and sausage, egg prices could double and still be cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2024, 12:10 PM

32,636 posts, read 47,986,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I see. ....I think. It's illegal to sell inhumane eggs in WA? Really?

OP? Is that true?
Cage free eggs, or better, are mandated in Washington state. As pointed out in the OP's OP.

Washington State House Bill 2049

Old 01-05-2024, 05:15 PM
509 509 started this thread

6,321 posts, read 7,038,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
I love how conservatives are so obsessed with eating bugs now, it's so cute.
Only because my parents ate bugs in the Soviet Union to survive.

They did NOT enjoy it.

Old 01-05-2024, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
I love how conservatives are so obsessed with eating bugs now, it's so cute.
Only because my parents ate bugs in the Soviet Union to survive.

They did NOT enjoy it.

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti..._ny_times.html

Old 01-05-2024, 07:55 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,655,549 times
Quote:
Could not believe it.
Then learned that Inslee and Democrats passed a law in 2019 mandating cage-free eggs in Washington state by 2024.
Well, its 2024.
55 cents per gallon carbon fee!! Now eggs.
What prices are the Democrats going to raise NEXT??
When we are all eating insects.....will Bill Gates also be eating insects?
First, the government doesn't control prices on unregulated food. Second, we all know that prices went up in connection with the pandemic. Third, if you don't like the prices, then stop buying until there's a sale - and then stock up. When people continue to buy despite outrageous prices, then the wholesaler will never lower them.

Old 01-05-2024, 10:36 PM

102,192 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Cage free eggs, or better, are mandated in Washington state. As pointed out in the OP's OP.

Washington State House Bill 2049
Thanks. The OP was unclear as to what exactly the bill mandated: that cage-free eggs be available as an option in all stores? That only cage-free eggs and similar be available in all WA grocery stores? Posting facts instead of an emotional rant is much more effective in conveying information.

Old 01-06-2024, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Could not believe it.

Then learned that Inslee and Democrats passed a law in 2019 mandating cage-free eggs in Washington state by 2024.

Well, its 2024.

55 cents per gallon carbon fee!! Now eggs.

What prices are the Democrats going to raise NEXT??

When we are all eating insects.....will Bill Gates also be eating insects?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Thanks. The OP was unclear as to what exactly the bill mandated: that cage-free eggs be available as an option in all stores? That only cage-free eggs and similar be available in all WA grocery stores? Posting facts instead of an emotional rant is much more effective in conveying information.
What part of "Inslee and Democrats passed a law in 2019 mandating cage-free eggs in Washington state by 2024." did you miss in the original post??

I thought that was a FACT, but you interpret that as a emotional rant.

Well, the FACTS will drive you to mad as hell rants.

But do read my posts, in slow English. It helped millions of people across the world learn English thanks to VOA broadcasts in "slow English".

Old 01-06-2024, 12:17 PM

7,538 posts, read 17,224,480 times
The fact is that your egg price is equal to the egg price I saw for a dozen eggs from a local farmer in Tennessee two weeks ago.

Your rant is just that, you wanted to come out here and spill a bunch of horse ****.

Old 01-06-2024, 03:55 PM

1,824 posts, read 796,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
The fact is that your egg price is equal to the egg price I saw for a dozen eggs from a local farmer in Tennessee two weeks ago.

Your rant is just that, you wanted to come out here and spill a bunch of horse ****.
Are you talking about the little roadside farm stands? They have those here in rural Washington, & they always charge more for their eggs than store-bought. I guess you don't leave Seattle that much or you would know that.

Old 01-06-2024, 10:41 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,071,084 times
I know of about a half dozen honor system egg stands in our general area and I think they are going for $5 per dozen but it might be more now.

I too am not digging the extra cost on things that Inslee imposed on us.
We should have the freedom to buy the lowest price eggs if we want.
What’s next a ban on small fish tanks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington