Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2024, 07:50 PM
509 509 started this thread

6,321 posts, read 7,037,074 times

Advertisements

Could not believe it.

Then learned that Inslee and Democrats passed a law in 2019 mandating cage-free eggs in Washington state by 2024.

Well, its 2024.

55 cents per gallon carbon fee!! Now eggs.

What prices are the Democrats going to raise NEXT??

When we are all eating insects.....will Bill Gates also be eating insects?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2024, 09:01 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
That's odd. I get not only cage-free eggs, but "certified humane" eggs. They're not that pricey. It depends on what size you get, too: medium, large, jumbo. Between the sizing differences, color differences (white, brown), merely cage-free vs. "certified humane", and other factors, I barely notice a difference in price. The size is the main pricing factor. Maybe at Whole Foods the humane eggs are a whopping 1$ more?

I guess the stores I shop at, except for the occasional run to Safeway, don't even sell "evil" eggs: non-cage-free. So I don't know what the price of those is.There's a small Denver-based grocery chain/vitamin store, which I recently noticed has expanded into the NW market, that sells their humane/morally pure/non-GMO/certified politically-correct and Santa-approved eggs at a discount to members, so the price is about the same as for Safeway's morally bankrupt eggs.

I find your thread title hard to believe. Prices jumped $4/dozen?

And btw, does anyone know what side of the political aisle the Amish are on? Half the "angelic" Jesus-would-buy-these egg brands at my co-op in Santa Fe were from Amish farms. One Amish brand even sold a dozen-and-a-half for the same price or less than some of the other brands' dozen. Should we boycott them if they're Dem eggs? Quick: research Amish voting patterns, OP. Report back.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 01-03-2024 at 09:56 AM..

Old 01-03-2024, 09:30 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
We have used Costco Kirkland Signature Extra Large White Eggs, Cage Free for many years. Just last week we bought some, 2 dozen was just over $6 which seems quite normal and reasonable. Cage free eggs at Safeway yesterday were $3.99 for 18 and they are large, not as big as the Costco eggs.

Old 01-03-2024, 09:41 AM

7,538 posts, read 17,221,758 times
Man I bet it felt good to write that thread title.

Old 01-03-2024, 09:54 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,729,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's odd. I get not only cage-free eggs, but "certified humane" eggs. They're not that pricey. It depends on what size you get, too: medium, large, jumbo. Between the sizing differences, color differences (white, brown), merely cage-free vs. "certified humane", and other factors, I barely notice a difference in price. The size is the main pricing factor. Maybe at Whole Foods the humane eggs are a whopping 1$ more?

I guess the stores I shop at, except for the occasional run to Safeway, don't even sell "evil" eggs: non-cage-free. So I don't know what the price of those is.There's a small Denver-based grocery chain/vitamin store, which I recently noticed has expanded into the NW market, that sells their humane/morally pure/non-GMO/certified politically-correct and Santa-approved eggs at a discount to members, so the price is about the same as for Safeway's morally bankrupt eggs.

I find your thread title hard to believe. Prices jumped $4/dozen?

And btw, does anyone know what side of the political aisle the Amish are on? Half the "angelic" Jesus-would-buy-these egg brands at my co-op in Santa Fe were from Amish farms. One Amish brand even sold a dozen-and-a-half for the price or less than some of the other brands' dozen. Should we boycott them if they're Dem eggs? Quick: research Amish voting patterns, OP. Report back.
I went through all our finances tallying up the total "Inslee factor" on my household due to all the increased taxes and state mandates. Despite being WFH and down to one regularly used car that gets ~30mpg, the number is several $100's each month. I'd like to think we run things fairly efficiently and we have a small family, can't imagine how it must be for larger families.

Old 01-03-2024, 10:01 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
I went through all our finances tallying up the total "Inslee factor" on my household due to all the increased taxes and state mandates. Despite being WFH and down to one regularly used car that gets ~30mpg, the number is several $100's each month. I'd like to think we run things fairly efficiently and we have a small family, can't imagine how it must be for larger families.
How long has that guy been in office? Isn't it time for a change? And btw, how is it that he gets blamed for all these taxes? Isn't there a State legislature that votes on this stuff, or does he rule by Executive Order? Serious question. Somebody fill me in, please.

Old 01-03-2024, 10:20 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Quote:
How long has that guy been in office? Isn't it time for a change? And btw, how is it that he gets blamed for all these taxes? Isn't there a State legislature that votes on this stuff, or does he rule by Executive Order? Serious question. Somebody fill me in, please.
I am happy to tell you that he will not be running again, he has announced that. In fact we have a decent Republican candidate this time, unlike 2020 when they ran an unknown, 1 issue candidate. Inslee was first elected as governor in 2012, so has had a long time to mess things up here. Because there is a clear political divide with conservatives east of the mountains, but liberals west of the mountains where all of the population is, our state legislature has been in complete agreement with him all these years.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/1...ernor-00133109

Old 01-03-2024, 10:24 AM
509 509 started this thread

6,321 posts, read 7,037,074 times
Quote:

He signs the bills. He also has a line veto so he could veto ANY PORTION of any bill.

Notice that I also mentioned the Democrats in the Legislature. They both deserve blame.

Have the Democrats and Inslee vetoed any tax increase??

Have the Democrats and Inslee passed any tax cuts for citizens?? Tax cuts to Boeing, Amazon, do NOT count.

The Boeing tax cuts were ruled illegal by the courts.

Did Inslee and the Democrats asked them to pay the 10 BILLION dollars back?? I honestly don't know. The media did not report on it.

Old 01-03-2024, 10:27 AM

3,249 posts, read 1,739,106 times
48 eggs makes a heckofa big omelet.

Old 01-03-2024, 11:27 AM

1,683 posts, read 2,704,775 times
It's probably more due to bird flu taking a toll on poultry farms, cage free or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington