Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 05:20 PM

88,516 posts, read 84,705,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
All the priests, bishops, and the pope wear long dresses, so what's the big deal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Lets not call things what they aren’t. What’s next? The trench coats are dresses too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Me thinks? I'm old school...........

Clergy:
The " Long Dresses" are clerical vestments worn to erase personality from the person
and direct focus and attention to God.

Different from

Trans Activist.
Draw attention by dressing up to gain visibility and having to guess how to address without offending.
You guys could have just each posted "I have no sense of humor". It would have been shorter.

Old 04-03-2024, 05:39 PM

63,783 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
Read my extensive and very detailed posts on this subject and you will learn why transgenderism is a dangerous and reality-denying belief system rooted in the need to absolve autogynephiliacs from core shame by imposing it's delusional worldview on everyone, to the detriment of women, homosexuals and children.
Trying to normalize mental disorders seems to be motivated by a well-meaning concern for those afflicted since there seems to be nothing that can be done to correct the dysfunction. They have to live among us. We should not treat them with disdain or brand them with a Scarlet Letter. But we should not pretend that they ARE what they are NOT. Gender dysphoria IS a reality-denying disorder that should not be mainstreamed, IMO. That way lies madness. Conflating gender dysphoria with the LGB community has been a major category error.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2024, 06:37 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,270,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
When you consider the Church has allowed funerals for Mafia types (including full masses) who in their lifetimes killed, were whoremasters, and otherwise pretty much repeatedly committed mortal sins, one for a trans seems like small beer.
Love it!

Old 04-03-2024, 06:38 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,270,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Lets not call things what they aren’t. What’s next? The trench coats are dresses too?
I'd be a lot more worried about priests who have abused children being given full catholic funeral rites.

Old 04-03-2024, 10:56 PM

23,130 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
You guys could have just each posted "I have no sense of humor". It would have been shorter.
Troubling thread from jump street, good luck lol.

Old 04-04-2024, 07:17 AM

1,750 posts, read 753,206 times
Quote:
That's not any Christian doctrine. Ghandi said that.
I think the sentiment was in Christianity before Ghandhi, but that Ghandhi just made the more memorable quote.

“With love for mankind and hatred for sins.” -In AD 424 from Saint Augustine

“I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me.” -Saint Paul

"For the whole law is fulfilled in one statement, namely, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ But if you go on biting and devouring one another, beware that you are not consumed by one another.” -Saint Paul

"Let love be genuine; hate what is evil, hold fast to what is good" -Saint Paul

“Have mercy on some who are wavering; save others by snatching them out of the fire” -Jesus

God “makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust” -Jesus

"Love is the hardest lesson in Christianity; but, for that reason, it should be most our care to learn it." -William Penn

"Walk cheerfully over the world, answering that of God in everyone." -George Fox

"I saw that the grace of God, which brings salvation, had appeared to all men." -George Fox

"The way to preserve the peace of the church is to love one another, and to love one another is to bear one another's burdens and so fulfill Christ's law." -George Fox

"They alone are worthy to be called and counted true Christians who walk in love and charity towards all, who travail after the mind and spirit of Christ, not only toward some particular nations, but toward all mankind." -George Fox

"Shed light onto the dark actions to redeem the man."

https://www.goodcatholic.com/st-paul...ve-the-sinner/

https://www.americamagazine.org/fait...r-verse-242567

Old 04-04-2024, 08:41 AM

994 posts, read 783,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
God loves us all equally. I don't really see the problem here.

Christians are supposed to hate the sin, love the sinner. Not hate the sinner.

Old 04-04-2024, 08:46 AM

7,323 posts, read 4,118,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
I think the sentiment was in Christianity before Ghandhi, but that Ghandhi just made the more memorable quote.

“With love for mankind and hatred for sins.” -In AD 424 from Saint Augustine
One liners often obscures the meaning.

Quote:
John I

Light and Darkness, Sin and Forgiveness

5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.
The issue with "love for mankind and hatred for sins" or "Christians are supposed to hate the sin, love the sinner. Not hate the sinner" misses the importance of returning to God.

Quote:
God freely forgives humans diminished and trapped by their evil. It brings happiness into our souls when we seek God’s divine mercy, but sometimes, it is harder to confess and forgive. There are times we are unsure, and if we fail to seek forgiveness, we deny ourselves what is obvious. God does not want that for us. He desires to stoop in and restore what was lost. To achieve this, we search for God amidst the uncertainty.

We seek God through grace. Grace allows us to be omnipotent to His forgiveness as nothing good occurs without it. All positive feelings residing in our soul come forth from God. He wants to provide us with this goodness, but we must acknowledge the wrongdoings of our accord because through grace.

By allowing this to occur, our souls become cleansed. It is a continuous process as forgiveness and grace slowly eliminate the filth which taints our souls. If we sin, our souls become distant from God as he cannot stand the sight of sin. Through faith, we experience God’s presence amid our forgiveness.
https://catholicismcoffee.org/forgiv...s-7ea9e4a54e9c

All Catholic funerals focus on the reconciliation with God and the return of our souls to HIM.

Quote:
Self-professed atheist whose memorial functioned as both a celebration of her life and an exuberant piece of political theater. Ceyenne Doroshow, who organized the funeral, said friends of Ms. Gentili — who died on Feb. 6 at 52 — had wanted the service to be at St. Patrick’s because “it is an icon, just like her.” But she added that she had not mentioned that Ms. Gentili was transgender when planning with the church. “I kind of kept it under wraps,” she said.

At one point, a friend of Ms. Gentili’s took the lectern to pray for access to gender-affirming health care. At another, a mourner upstaged a priest singing “Ave Maria,” changing the lyrics to “Ave Cecilia.” She then danced through the aisles, red scarves twirling around her.

And as pallbearers walked Ms. Gentili’s coffin back up the aisle at the end of the service, chants once again echoed through the nave of St. Patrick’s Cathedral.

“Cecilia! Cecilia! Cecilia!”

Psalm whose text appeared on mass cards under an image of a haloed Cecilia Gentili.
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/15/n...ical%20theater.

"Love for mankind and hatred for sins" or "Christians are supposed to hate the sin, love the sinner. Not hate the sinner" is a childish excuse to use a serious religious building as a stage for a theatre performance.

It doesn't matter whether it's a Church, Temple or Mosque.

Last edited by YorktownGal; 04-04-2024 at 08:56 AM..

Old 04-04-2024, 09:06 AM

3,319 posts, read 1,815,365 times
In my moral worldview transvestism/autogynephilia is a psychosexual disorder, not a sin.
The offense is in seeking to force a private delusion upon society by political and cultural normalization under the cloak of 'civil rights'.

Those who support such activists are not truly well-meaning because their motives are political and authoritarian, not humanitarian.

Old 04-04-2024, 09:42 AM

11,066 posts, read 7,139,669 times
It just sounds like 100% reactive nonsense. Let freedom ring.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 04-04-2024 at 09:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality