Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2024, 12:11 PM

3,183 posts, read 1,654,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
Transgender religion is the epitome of a compelled belief system, a disguised modern version of the early days of Islam's adoption under duress.

Catholicism does not force it's beliefs on anyone.

P.S. I am a female homosexual atheist but even I have a dog in this fight.
Because transgenderism is, at the core, misogyny and homophobia in drag.
And it ain't funny.
Religion itself entirely made up by people at the time who preached a set of values that it believes should be followed. For people to distort and disdain an orthodox religion with such a folly they are not doing themselves any favors. I am an atheist and any religion is a set of created belief system. Transgender religion should be completely separate from Catholicism rather than trying to antagonize them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2024, 03:07 PM

5,805 posts, read 2,930,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Religion itself entirely made up by people at the time who preached a set of values that it believes should be followed. For people to distort and disdain an orthodox religion with such a folly they are not doing themselves any favors. I am an atheist and any religion is a set of created belief system. Transgender religion should be completely separate from Catholicism rather than trying to antagonize them.
One is a fable and the other one is a mental disease. Normalization of either one is very poisonous, but there must be a very clear line between them. Teach your kids well from the start.

Old 04-01-2024, 04:10 PM

3,319 posts, read 1,814,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
Because transgenderism is, at the core, misogyny and homophobia in drag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
Not disagreeing, but can you explain how?
Read my extensive and very detailed posts on this subject and you will learn why transgenderism is a dangerous and reality-denying belief system rooted in the need to absolve autogynephiliacs from core shame by imposing it's delusional worldview on everyone, to the detriment of women, homosexuals and children.

Old 04-03-2024, 07:11 AM

2,330 posts, read 1,026,428 times
I bet these activists would never have dared try the same stunt in a mosque.

Old 04-03-2024, 02:43 PM

7,321 posts, read 4,115,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
I bet these activists would never have dared try the same stunt in a mosque.
Or an Orthodox Jewish Temple.

Old 04-03-2024, 02:45 PM

11,411 posts, read 5,960,793 times
God loves us all equally. I don't really see the problem here.

Christians are supposed to hate the sin, love the sinner. Not hate the sinner.

Old 04-03-2024, 03:02 PM

7,321 posts, read 4,115,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post

If you don't believe in a church's doctrine, why use the church to commit blasphemy? Why not have a ceremony elsewhere?

Old 04-03-2024, 03:06 PM

1,239 posts, read 311,180 times
Interesting that if you’re a prostituting transvestite who essentially committed suicide by ingesting street drugs which have been known for years now to be contaminated, the authorities are quickly on the case.

If you’re a normal Joe or Jane, the authorities let your perps go or don’t even look for them.

Old 04-03-2024, 03:18 PM

11,411 posts, read 5,960,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
If you don't believe in a church's doctrine, why use the church to commit blasphemy? Why not have a ceremony elsewhere?
I can't say why the trangender person wanted the Christian funeral. It is very possible it is from bad motivations to force the church to perform something objectionable in their eyes. It could be a "parting shot" to the Catholic Church.

And of course the church can do what it wants but the church is wrong to omit any sinner merely due to the sin.

"Turn the other cheek".

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

Even if the people who arranged the funeral are just doing it to slap the Catholic church in the face, I would still say "turn the other cheek".

Jesus also told us to "love your enemies".

I can't find anything Jesus said in my bible, that would support a Christian church doctrine that refuses a funeral for any sinner, despite the nature of his sin. Maybe you own a different bible.

What citation from Jesus can you offer that supports this church's opposition to holding a funeral for a crazy transgender goofball? They have my sympathy, not my scorn.

Old 04-03-2024, 05:17 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post

That's not any Christian doctrine. Ghandi said that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality