Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2020, 09:34 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times

Advertisements

Apparently when the two Republicans decided they couldn't certify Wayne County's election, the Democrats immediately began lying to them, bullying, harassing, and threatening them. So within a few hours they decided to certify the vote instead.

Well, now they've decided that that's not the right thing to do, and have announced that they will not certify after all.

Stay tuned to this thread. By this time tomorrow, they might have gone back to certifying once more for all I know. And the Democrats will then go back to insisting there is no fraud or other suspicious behavior in the election.

------------------------------------

https://justthenews.com/politics-pol...ullied-rescind

In dramatic reversal, Wayne County election board Republicans rescind votes certifying results
In affidavits, GOP canvass board members claim they were bullied and say there are too many irregularities in Detroit vote to justify accepting election results.

by John Solomon
Updated: November 18, 2020 - 11:22pm

In an extraordinary turnabout that foreshadows possible legal action, the two GOP members of Wayne County's election board signed affidavits Wednesday night alleging they were bullied and misled into approving election results in Michigan's largest metropolis and do not believe the votes should be certified until serious irregularities in Detroit votes are resolved.

The statements by Wayne County Board of Canvassers Chairwoman Monica Palmer and fellow GOP member William C. Hartmann rescinding their votes from a day earlier threw into question anew whether Michigan's presidential vote currently favoring Democrat Joe Biden will be certified. They also signaled a possible legal confrontation ahead.

"I voted not to certify, and I still believe this vote should not be certified," Hartmann said in his affidavits. "Until these questions are addressed, I remain opposed to certification of the Wayne County results."

Added Palmer in her affidavit: "I rescind my prior vote to certify Wayne County elections."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2020, 09:47 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,353,616 times
Glad to hear it. Fun times ahead.

Old 11-18-2020, 09:48 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Ongoing effort to malign the election in order to suggest Trump didn't lose fair and square.

He did.

He's done.

He lost.

He lost to a man who got the most votes ever in US history.

Old 11-18-2020, 09:54 PM

7,141 posts, read 4,735,089 times
I heard they were bullied and threatened by democrats.

Old 11-18-2020, 10:00 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
LOL -- so they said after they were bullied and threatened by Trump and team.

Old 11-18-2020, 10:15 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,032,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Yep, you heard right. Some idiot LITERALLY threatened them on LIVE VIDEO! Not real bright. Threatening an elections official is a federal crime. People were threatening their kids, posting their addresses etc.

Old 11-18-2020, 10:20 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,548,648 times
What they are doing is one of the most heinous acts ever carried out in our democracy’s history. They are attempting to disenfranchise an entire county because they aren’t happy with the way that it voted. They have zero legal evidence to support their positions. They are basing their decisions on rightwing conspiracy theories.

They are living scum as are their enablers.

Old 11-18-2020, 10:27 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
What they are doing is one of the most heinous acts ever carried out in our democracy’s history. They are attempting to disenfranchise an entire county because they aren’t happy with the way that it voted. They have zero legal evidence to support their positions. They are basing their decisions on rightwing conspiracy theories.

They are living scum as are their enablers.
Please, tell me more about spy gate and Russian collusion ? I’m interested .

Old 11-18-2020, 10:32 PM

8,885 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
Yep, you heard right. Some idiot LITERALLY threatened them on LIVE VIDEO! Not real bright. Threatening an elections official is a federal crime. People were threatening their kids, posting their addresses etc.
Whether they are Democrat, Republican or anything else .... if they committed a crime, they should go to jail.

Old 11-18-2020, 10:34 PM

7,141 posts, read 4,735,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
LOL -- so they said after they were bullied and threatened by Trump and team.
How do I undo a rep for this. Mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies