Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 11:26 PM

65 posts, read 356,060 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

My partner and I are planning to relocate to the Palm Springs area at the end of this year and have been offered a 2 bedroom, 2 bath Condo in a Condominium Complex called Cathedral Springs. It is located at 31200 Landau Blvd. (near Ramon) in Cathedral City. From the information I have been able to find so far this doesn't seem like a bad area. We will be renting for the first year. The landlord swears (Of course) that it is a very nice complex and that we will be very happy there. He states it is a very gay friendly complex. I do believe him but would like some independent thoughts on the area and complex. The rent will be 985.00 per month which to me seems like a steal (But I am from New York). A little background info on us: We are a Gay couple 39 and 42 years old respectively. We are both white. My questions are:

1) Does anyone know this area?
2) would you move there?
3) Anything else we should consider before signing this lease?

I thank you in advance for any information you can provide to us. We can't wait to move to Southern California. We can't wait to get married. There is so much we're looking forward to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 09:15 AM

18,466 posts, read 31,624,300 times
Well, I wish you 2 a lot of luck. Me and my Partner went to Palm Springs last summer, and I am soooooo sold on it. I would move there tomorrow. But he has family ties. We are also from NY, Brooklyn to be exact. California weather is just totally great. I love the desert so much. The whole scenario is great. We passed thru a few different neighborjoods around the area, looked good to me. But everyone has thier own idea of whats good and not.

sorry couldnt help you to much, but you will love it out there !!!

Old 07-31-2008, 12:19 AM

64 posts, read 261,007 times
I drive right by that almost every day. To be honest, it is not the best of areas. It is down the street from a continuation school (C School), and Landau is a very busy street where people tend to speed resulting in often bad accidents. As for Cathedral City, it is toward the bottom of the list of coachella valley cities. You either have to drive to palm springs or palm desert to do some shopping. Cat City is also towards the top of the list when it comes to crime. Gated communities see the most crime out here, because people think that they are safe behind gates so the tend not to lock their doors.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:45 PM

65 posts, read 356,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXXIMUZ View Post
I drive right by that almost every day. To be honest, it is not the best of areas. It is down the street from a continuation school (C School), and Landau is a very busy street where people tend to speed resulting in often bad accidents. As for Cathedral City, it is toward the bottom of the list of coachella valley cities. You either have to drive to palm springs or palm desert to do some shopping. Cat City is also towards the top of the list when it comes to crime. Gated communities see the most crime out here, because people think that they are safe behind gates so the tend not to lock their doors.
Thank you. Regardless of where I live I would always lock my doors and windows. Being from NY I am just overly cautious about this stuff, I think we are taking the Condo. Hopefully all will work out. I appreciate your help.

Old 08-16-2008, 03:12 PM
suo

1 posts, read 9,012 times
I would recommend looking around more to be honest. Not that its bad there, but just to see your options. For a gay couple, cat city isnt palm springs. i mean its not like people are gonna have issues with you, but palm springs its like.... its just everywhere. i dont know, im not gay so i dont know what its like first hand, but ive lived here most my life and know most people here arent really all that tolerant but not on some violent kinda ***** just well you know. its the same as anywhere, some people are cool some people arent. Im not familiar with that complex but I dont think that area is "bad". its not la quinta or indian wells or palm desert or some other fancy smanchy place.. yet again im also only 28. some people are used to what they like and dont want this or that. A brand new grocery store (stater bros) was built right next to that location so that would be helpful. yes if you want to "shop" you have to go to palm desert... all of fifteen minutes away haha. traffic here is laughable. if anybody ever says theres traffic here, well excuse me they are idiots. there is parking for days and if anything you will be mad people drive too slow.

sorry if im not even really helping... yet again look around in palm springs too but it depends on what you want to spend. my wife and i lived in desert flower apartments in palm springs last year, off of highway 111 and farrell.. it was a super nice place. no problems, but it was expensive. 1300 per month. anyhow im sure you will be happy here if you are familiar with everything else. the heat is no joke tho man... noooo joke.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:36 PM

1 posts, read 7,707 times
Default Cathedral Springs

My partner and I are also looking at places to retire in PS area. Our gay realtor has suggested Cathedral Springs as a nice complex with a good association. We will be visiting in a few weeks to see a few units in the complex. Cathedral Springs is really not that far from downtown, that we could drive, bus, or ride a bike.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:45 AM

1 posts, read 7,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgervais View Post
My partner and I are also looking at places to retire in PS area. Our gay realtor has suggested Cathedral Springs as a nice complex with a good association. We will be visiting in a few weeks to see a few units in the complex. Cathedral Springs is really not that far from downtown, that we could drive, bus, or ride a bike.

mY Wife and I are owners and Winter there for last 7 years. Love it, have no security worries, find it to be a comfortable, tolerant, economical, convienient. We are as close to Palm Springs as much of Palm Springs. We have gay neighbors and don't sense any problems. You can be at a variety of restaurants--great--as well as shopping within minutes. 5 minutes from Airport, acroo Street from Palm Springs so going to PS is not a problem. Landau is great street--I've never seen an accident as one posting mentioned,
Now is bargin time to buy as Prices did Plunge.

Happy Winter Tennant

Old 08-15-2010, 11:37 PM

1 posts, read 6,740 times
Default Yes I live at 31200 Landau

This is a very nice place to live. You will like the grounds and the units are all very nice. The neighborhood is centrally located near shops and the Hwy is not far away. The staff here are friendly and helpful, you will like Dave. The pools are great and there is plenty of parking for you and your new friends. My only negitive comment would be the homeowner association tends to be alittle bit "too concerned about your business" and (in my opinion) does not warrant thier attention. But that is probably true about alot of HOA's. Good Luck with your move! I will not be here to welcome you, but I think you wont be dissappointed.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:51 PM

67 posts, read 156,219 times
Two words. ...tweeker ville.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:08 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,562,861 times
That is a great area to get started in the Palm Springs area until you decide where you want to stay more permanently. Palm Springs has a lot of gay clubs and a ton of the parties are out there. That being said, I could care less about the club scene but I like the gay community out there. I know a lot of gays between 30-60 and some very nice stable couples. You will find the whole spectrum.

Cathedral City isn't Palm Springs but it has a sizable gay community and even some of its own bars and establishments (gay/gayfriendly churches, community clubs and organizations). I really like the newer developments in Cat City. It's a great, growing place. So rent there, start there, then find where you want to settle in. Each city in the Coachella Valley has its own feel and they are all quite different. It doesn't just attract the young party crowds and the old retirees (the gray rainbow). There is a real and functioning community out there of all ethnicities, orientations, and income levels. It's a generally accepting place of all kinds of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties