Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2024, 08:59 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And you would be wrong. My religion believes no such thing based on our scriptures.
Your religion has scriptures that mention Jesus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2024, 09:07 AM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Your religion has scriptures that mention Jesus?
No...and in fact, that's part of the point. We have our own fictions.

Old 01-16-2024, 09:40 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
And you would be wrong. Matthew 19:18 is an illustration that points out that no one has fulfilled the Law. Not you, not me, no one.

Without a savior, we are all lost in our sin. Thankfully, Jesus is that savior, and he was crucified on my behalf.
You are correct, but you misunderstand what it means. Our SPECIES had not fulfilled its purpose of connecting our collective human spirit with God's Holy Spirit leaving all who had "died" and been "born again" as Spirits in limbo. AS one of us, Jesus came to accomplish what we could not and succeeded in permanently connecting our collective human spirits with God's Holy Spirit. It was not about any individual salvation. We are responsible for our sanctification by BECOMING Spirits "in Christ" (as much like Jesus as we can).

Old 01-16-2024, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are correct, but you misunderstand what it means. Our SPECIES had not fulfilled its purpose of connecting our collective human spirit with God's Holy Spirit leaving all who had "died" and been "born again" as Spirits in limbo. AS one of us, Jesus came to accomplish what we could not and succeeded in permanently connecting our collective human spirits with God's Holy Spirit. It was not about any individual salvation. We are responsible for our sanctification by BECOMING Spirits "in Christ" (as much like Jesus as we can).
And I've pointed it out before, but based on the lack of charity and love you show me and others by continuing to insult us and tell us that we don't know God tends to indicate that you are doing a rather poor job of doing that. Good luck with that.

I'd rather trust in the mercy of God.

Old 01-16-2024, 10:47 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
And I've pointed it out before, but based on the lack of charity and love you show me and others by continuing to insult us and tell us that we don't know God tends to indicate that you are doing a rather poor job of doing that. Good luck with that.

I can't stop you from taking insult from my opinions about our ancestors' misguided beliefs about God. That is all on you! My encounter with God was unmistakable so I have zero doubts about our ancestors' misunderstanding of God. My success or failure to be "in Christ" at any given time has nothing to do with it. As your reliance on God's mercy shows, we are only human.

Old 01-16-2024, 12:11 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,664,439 times
Quote:
every believer is depending in the mercy of Allah

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said,
“Be moderate and adhere to moderation,
for there is no one among you who will be saved by his deeds.”
They said:
“Not even you, O Messenger of Allah?”
He said:
“Not even me.
Unless Allah encompasses me with mercy and grace from Him.”

faith and believing is to
To believe in Allah,
His Angels,
His Books,
His Messengers, (all the true Messengers)
the Last Day and the divine decree, both good and bad

Old 01-18-2024, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
every believer is depending in the mercy of Allah

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said,
“Be moderate and adhere to moderation,
for there is no one among you who will be saved by his deeds.”
They said:
“Not even you, O Messenger of Allah?”
He said:
“Not even me.
Unless Allah encompasses me with mercy and grace from Him.”

faith and believing is to
To believe in Allah,
His Angels,
His Books,
His Messengers, (all the true Messengers)
the Last Day and the divine decree, both good and bad
I'd rather worship a just and fair God. Why would you want one that does not hold sinners accountable?

Old 01-18-2024, 09:35 AM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
I'd rather worship a just and fair God. Why would you want one that does not hold sinners accountable?
Then you're in the wrong church.

Old 01-18-2024, 10:37 AM

992 posts, read 782,612 times

123:4.5 (1361.5) The only real accident Jesus had up to this time was a fall down the back-yard stone stairs which led up to the canvas-roofed bedroom. It happened during an unexpected July sandstorm from the east. The hot winds, carrying blasts of fine sand, usually blew during the rainy season, especially in March and April. It was extraordinary to have such a storm in July. When the storm came up, Jesus was on the housetop playing, as was his habit, for during much of the dry season this was his accustomed playroom. He was blinded by the sand when descending the stairs and fell. After this accident Joseph built a balustrade up both sides of the stairway.

123:4.6 (1361.6) There was no way in which this accident could have been prevented. It was not chargeable to neglect by the midway temporal guardians, one primary and one secondary midwayer having been assigned to the watchcare of the lad; neither was it chargeable to the guardian seraphim. It simply could not have been avoided. But this slight accident, occurring while Joseph was absent in Endor, caused such great anxiety to develop in Mary’s mind that she unwisely tried to keep Jesus very close to her side for some months.
https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book...hildhood-jesus

Old 01-18-2024, 03:15 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,664,439 times
Quote:
The Quran and the Hadith have many verses and statements regarding sinners and attackers
and punishments and asking for forgiveness and repent
and the conditions to accept forgiveness and repent.

in my post i only have mentioned the high level elements.

And the recompense of evil is punishment like it,
but whoever forgives and amends,
he shall have his reward from Allah;
surely He does not love the unjust.

And do not think Allah to be heedless of what the unjust do;
He only respites them to a day on which the eyes shall be fixedly open,
Hastening forward, their heads upraised,
their eyes not reverting to them and their hearts vacant.

Inform My servants that I am the Forgiving, the Merciful,
And that My punishment-- that is the painful punishment.

So. he who has done an atom's weight of good shall see it
And he who has done an atom's weight of evil shall see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality