Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2024, 11:30 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,254,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I would not say nobody alive today knows because the consciousness I encountered exactly matched the "mind of Christ" as depicted in the Bible narrative, especially on the Cross. To ME, this means somebody like Him had the consciousness of the God I encountered. That is sufficiently coincidental to satisfy my choice of religious belief. YMMV.
More like, nobody cares about your mediocre shroom trip or your irrational interpretation of it. We're bored to death by your conclusion-jumping charlatanry. In fact we were already bored 60,000 posts about it ago. The fact that you felt alive one night and had yourself a deep spiritual experience, doesn't demonstrate anything other than that the rest of your life is lame.

I've had experiences in my life before, especially as a child. Times that I felt that maybe there was a supernatural force communicating with me somehow about my life (including at least once at the Orthodox cathedral), or some other places somewhere that I was seeing unexplainable semi-conscious/ deep-feeling visions of (probably images from TV I watched as a little kid), or maybe, there is just this thing called imagination, and I was a very imaginative kid, all as I was feeling all of these incredible emotions and things that I felt and experienced that are hard to explain, and the desire to feel a sense of place in the world. (Coupled with certain adults beating God into me.)

And, I don't want to cheapen these subjective unique experiences/feelings, or reduce them, or to necessarily even have them explained. Because for me it's more about the wanting to believe. That's very alright to me.

What I have no respect for, is "I had an experience of some kind, blah blah, therefore Jesus". No, you want to believe in Jesus, and whether consciously or not, sought justification for what you want to believe, for the reasons that you want to believe it.

I strongly feel that we should all keep our "want to believes" separate from our rational grip on reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2024, 07:05 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Jesus is the one and only Word of God (Logos), BF! I believe it as well but not in the way it has been misunderstood. His human "mind of Christ" (Spirit) is identical to the "mind of God" (Holy Spirit) NOT His physical body or "person." All the Trinity nonsense about "persons" is confused human rationalization.
Jesus actually claimed to be God. Not some mystical "mind" that your late night taco visions tell you he is.

Old 01-12-2024, 09:03 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
More like, nobody cares about your mediocre shroom trip or your irrational interpretation of it. We're bored to death by your conclusion-jumping charlatanry. In fact we were already bored 60,000 posts about it ago. The fact that you felt alive one night and had yourself a deep spiritual experience, doesn't demonstrate anything other than that the rest of your life is lame.

I've had experiences in my life before, especially as a child. Times that I felt that maybe there was a supernatural force communicating with me somehow about my life (including at least once at the Orthodox cathedral), or some other places somewhere that I was seeing unexplainable semi-conscious/ deep-feeling visions of (probably images from TV I watched as a little kid), or maybe, there is just this thing called imagination, and I was a very imaginative kid, all as I was feeling all of these incredible emotions and things that I felt and experienced that are hard to explain, and the desire to feel a sense of place in the world. (Coupled with certain adults beating God into me.)

And, I don't want to cheapen these subjective unique experiences/feelings, or reduce them, or to necessarily even have them explained. Because for me it's more about the wanting to believe. That's very alright to me.

What I have no respect for, is "I had an experience of some kind, blah blah, therefore Jesus". No, you want to believe in Jesus, and whether consciously or not, sought justification for what you want to believe, for the reasons that you want to believe it.

I strongly feel that we should all keep our "want to believes" separate from our rational grip on reality.
It seems that YOUR radical cynicism has a psychological origin perhaps in unrealistic expectations that were unrealized as so many have experienced. Religions have misrepresented God egregiously, IMO. I have the same rational mind and skepticism as I did when I was an atheist, except I have gained the knowledge and put in the effort to try to explain to my intellect how established scientific facts can be used to extrapolate legitimate scientific hypotheses to explain what was so utterly astounding to me. I succeeded. Charlatans always have some ulterior motivations. I have NONE! It seems your childhood self was closer to God than you are today. I find that sad. Peace.

Old 01-12-2024, 10:06 AM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
It seems that YOUR radical cynicism has a psychological origin perhaps in unrealistic expectations that were unrealized as so many have experienced. Religions have misrepresented God egregiously, IMO. I have the same rational mind and skepticism as I did when I was an atheist, except I have gained the knowledge and put in the effort to try to explain to my intellect how established scientific facts can be used to extrapolate legitimate scientific hypotheses to explain what was so utterly astounding to me. I succeeded. Charlatans always have some ulterior motivations. I have NONE! It seems your childhood self was closer to God than you are today. I find that sad. Peace.
Charlatans...what evidence do we have that you are not one? You very guarded about anything that might hint at who you are (and I understand that). You seem so afraid that anyone OUTSIDE of this forum might guess who you are. Why are you so afraid of your beliefs?

Why should anyone believe your 'weird' experience was real.

And, btw, you do have a motivation...you want other people to believe in and follow you.

Old 01-12-2024, 10:19 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Charlatans...what evidence do we have that you are not one? You very guarded about anything that might hint at who you are (and I understand that). You seem so afraid that anyone OUTSIDE of this forum might guess who you are. Why are you so afraid of your beliefs?

Why should anyone believe your 'weird' experience was real.

And, btw, you do have a motivation...you want other people to believe in and follow you.
There are professional impacts on those trained by me who are still operating in the world that my mystical beliefs would bestow, period. You have to know this is true, Phet. I have no fear of my beliefs. I simply want any believers in God who might find comfort and confirmation in them to understand them. I have no interest in followers, Phet. I do have some joyful anticipation of returning to that experience permanently upon my death.

Old 01-12-2024, 11:02 AM

994 posts, read 782,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
They don't. These people are all living in the land of make believe, all making stuff up according to what they want to be true, and arguing over their different versions of the completely imaginary, and mythological translated stories and primitive ancient human history.

Nobody alive today even definitely knows whether this character Jesus existed at all, let alone what or any of the things ascribed to him. Especially any of the crazy supernatural claims that make no sense.

102:6.4 (1124.6) Faith transforms the philosophic God of probability into the saving God of certainty in the personal religious experience. Skepticism may challenge the theories of theology, but confidence in the dependability of personal experience affirms the truth of that belief which has grown into faith.

102:6.5 (1124.7) Convictions about God may be arrived at through wise reasoning, but the individual becomes God-knowing only by faith, through personal experience. In much that pertains to life, probability must be reckoned with, but when contacting with cosmic reality, certainty may be experienced when such meanings and values are approached by living faith. The God-knowing soul dares to say, “I know,†even when this knowledge of God is questioned by the unbeliever who denies such certitude because it is not wholly supported by intellectual logic. To every such doubter the believer only replies, “How do you know that I do not know?â€

https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book...eligious-faith

Old 01-14-2024, 06:58 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,664,439 times
at the time of the antichrist Allah will send Jesus 'Eisa bin Maryam, who will come down at the white lighthouse in the east of Damascus,

this white lighthouse it can be within the city of Damascus to the east side or outside Damascus to the east.

Jesus will be wearing two Mahrud[garment dyed with Wars and then Saffron],
resting his hands on the wings of two angels.
When he lowers his head, beads of perspiration will fall from it.
Every disbeliever who smells the fragrance of his breath will die,
and his breath will reach as far as his eye can see.

Then he will set out and catch up with him (the Dajjal antichrist ) at the gate of Ludd, and will kill him.
Then the Prophet of Allah 'Eisa will come to some people whom Allah has protected,
and he will wipe their faces and tell them of their status in Paradise.
While they are like that, Allah will reveal to him:

"O 'Eisa, I have brought forth some of My slaves whom no one will be able to kill,
so take My slaves to Tur in safety."

Then Gog and Magog will emerge and they will, as Allah describes, "swoop down from every mound."[21:96]
The first of them will pass by lake Tiberias and drink from it,
then the last of them will pass by it and will say: "There was water here once."

The Prophet of Allah, 'Eisa and his companions will be besieged there until the head of an ox would be dearer to any one of them than one hundred Dinar are to any one of you today.

Then, the Prophet of Allah, 'Eisa and his companions will supplicate Allah.
Then Allah will send a worm in their necks and the next morning they will all die as one.

The Prophet of Allah 'Eisa and his companions will come down and they will not find even the space of a hand span that is free of their stink, stench and blood.

They will pray to Allah, and He will send birds with necks like the necks of Bactrian camels,
which will pick them up and throw them wherever Allah wills.
Then Allah will send rain which will not leave any house of clay or hair, and it will wash the earth until it leaves it like a mirror (or a smooth rock).

Then it will be said to the earth:
"Bring forth your fruits and bring back your blessing."

On that day a group of people will eat from a (single) pomegranate and it will suffice them,
and they will seek shelter beneath its skin.
Allah will bless a milch- camel so that it will be sufficient for a large number of people,
and a milch-cow will be sufficient for a whole tribe and a milch-ewe will be sufficient for a whole clan.

While they are like that, Allah will send a pleasant wind which will seize them beneath their armpits
and will take the soul of every Muslim,
leaving the rest of the people fornicating like donkeys, and upon them will come the Hour.'"

Old 01-14-2024, 07:57 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
at the time of the antichrist Allah will send Jesus 'Eisa bin Maryam, who will come down at the white lighthouse in the east of Damascus,

this white lighthouse it can be within the city of Damascus to the east side or outside Damascus to the east.

Jesus will be wearing two Mahrud[garment dyed with Wars and then Saffron],
resting his hands on the wings of two angels.
When he lowers his head, beads of perspiration will fall from it.
Every disbeliever who smells the fragrance of his breath will die,
and his breath will reach as far as his eye can see.

Then he will set out and catch up with him (the Dajjal antichrist ) at the gate of Ludd, and will kill him.
Then the Prophet of Allah 'Eisa will come to some people whom Allah has protected,
and he will wipe their faces and tell them of their status in Paradise.
While they are like that, Allah will reveal to him:

"O 'Eisa, I have brought forth some of My slaves whom no one will be able to kill,
so take My slaves to Tur in safety."

Then Gog and Magog will emerge and they will, as Allah describes, "swoop down from every mound."[21:96]
The first of them will pass by lake Tiberias and drink from it,
then the last of them will pass by it and will say: "There was water here once."

The Prophet of Allah, 'Eisa and his companions will be besieged there until the head of an ox would be dearer to any one of them than one hundred Dinar are to any one of you today.

Then, the Prophet of Allah, 'Eisa and his companions will supplicate Allah.
Then Allah will send a worm in their necks and the next morning they will all die as one.

The Prophet of Allah 'Eisa and his companions will come down and they will not find even the space of a hand span that is free of their stink, stench and blood.

They will pray to Allah, and He will send birds with necks like the necks of Bactrian camels,
which will pick them up and throw them wherever Allah wills.
Then Allah will send rain which will not leave any house of clay or hair, and it will wash the earth until it leaves it like a mirror (or a smooth rock).

Then it will be said to the earth:
"Bring forth your fruits and bring back your blessing."

On that day a group of people will eat from a (single) pomegranate and it will suffice them,
and they will seek shelter beneath its skin.
Allah will bless a milch- camel so that it will be sufficient for a large number of people,
and a milch-cow will be sufficient for a whole tribe and a milch-ewe will be sufficient for a whole clan.

While they are like that, Allah will send a pleasant wind which will seize them beneath their armpits
and will take the soul of every Muslim,
leaving the rest of the people fornicating like donkeys, and upon them will come the Hour.'"
Can you tell people where this passage comes from? It seems to be just a quote from something with no other commentary. Is this the Quran or another writing?

And why did you post it What exactly are you trying to convey?

It helps when a poster gives some information about what they are trying to say instead of just posting a random passage from somewhere and thinking people are going to get meaning out of it just by reading the quote. It rarely makes sense without some sort of explanation.

For example, most people find little relevance to their lives in reading about milch camels and fornicating donkeys.

Old 01-14-2024, 11:44 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,664,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Can you tell people where this passage comes from? It seems to be just a quote from something with no other commentary. Is this the Quran or another writing?
The main sources of Islam are two

1- the Quran (the saying of Allah)
2- the Hadith (the saying of the prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) )

and that passage was from the Hadith and not from the Quran. https://sunnah.com/muslim:2937a

Quote:
And why did you post it What exactly are you trying to convey?
The title of the thread is things you do not know about Jesus

so i am posting any thing true about Jesus that I think non muslim do not know about it.

Quote:
It helps when a poster gives some information about what they are trying to say instead of just posting a random passage from somewhere and thinking people are going to get meaning out of it just by reading the quote. It rarely makes sense without some sort of explanation.

For example, most people find little relevance to their lives in reading about milch camels and fornicating donkeys.
i thought that it is self explained and any one can ask for clarification

Old 01-14-2024, 01:07 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
The main sources of Islam are two

1- the Quran (the saying of Allah)
2- the Hadith (the saying of the prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) )

and that passage was from the Hadith and not from the Quran. https://sunnah.com/muslim:2937a

The title of the thread is things you do not know about Jesus

so i am posting any thing true about Jesus that I think non muslim do not know about it.

i thought that it is self explained and any one can ask for clarification
Re what you said in the bolded, they might know about it, or might not, but they likely aren't going to think it's true just because you said it is.

Do you understand that most Christians believe the Quran is a false teaching and that Mohammed was not a valid prophet? The Bible warns of false prophets coming, and to most Christians, Islam sounds like that came true.

Jews don't even think Jesus was a prophet, but rather a false teacher.

Sharing information about your religion is always good and interesting. Everyone should know about other beliefs, but religious people have to understand that others may not find certain beliefs to be true, just as a Muslim or a Jew does not find the resurrection to be true and a Christian does.

I am just telling you that because it seems to me that you think if you just tell people this information, they eill see that it is true and they just didn't know any better until you informed them.

It doesn't work that way.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 01-14-2024 at 01:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality