Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2024, 08:29 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Nobody knows anything about Jesus. That's probably because he's not real, a 2000 year old book has no bearing on society today, not that it ever did. It's just a book folks. And Jesus is a fictional character. Gah.
I don't agree that Jesus is a totally fictional character. I do believe that most of what we 'know' about Jesus is fictional...not to mention all those blank years where it almost seems like the 'son of god' disappeared from the face of the earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2024, 11:09 AM

998 posts, read 787,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
the fiction is humans evolved from apes
You are actually correct! It was a Lemur.

avorable strains, thus establishing the ancestry of the human race.

62:1.3 (703.4) With the passing of time the seacoast of India southwest of the mountains gradually submerged, completely isolating the life of this region. There was no avenue of approach to, or escape from, this Mesopotamian or Persian peninsula except to the north, and that was repeatedly cut off by the southern invasions of the glaciers. And it was in this then almost paradisiacal area, and from the superior descendants of this lemur type of mammal, that there sprang two great groups, the simian tribes of modern times and the present-day human species.

https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book...aces-early-man

Old 01-21-2024, 11:17 AM

998 posts, read 787,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I don't agree that Jesus is a totally fictional character. I do believe that most of what we 'know' about Jesus is fictional...not to mention all those blank years where it almost seems like the 'son of god' disappeared from the face of the earth.
It was All recorded,

https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book...eachings-jesus

Old 01-21-2024, 11:23 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
If He was actually a carpenter. Some say he worked with Joseph, so certainly he did some carpenters work, but was He a carpenter? I've read where some say he was a stone mason.

Old 01-21-2024, 11:24 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRoadg View Post
Akin to woo

Old 01-21-2024, 12:04 PM

2,776 posts, read 2,670,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
There is an absolutely overwhelming amount of fossil evidence and other evidence that shows this and supports this. Evolution is scientific fact, even if we don't know everything about it. To be in denial of it is to live in willful ignorance.
ok i believe this fossil but it has no link with us ,
we came from Adam and Eve who were creted by Allah about six thousands years ago

before the creation of Adam it was reported that there were creatures living on earth

and they mischief in it and shed blood and all of them were eliminated.

And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels:
"Verily, I am going to place (mankind) generations after generations on earth."
They said: "Will You place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood,
- while we glorify You with praises and thanks and sanctify You."
He (Allah) said: "I know that which you do not know."
And He taught Adam all the names (of everything) ,
then He showed them to the angels and said,
"Tell Me the names of these if you are truthful.

from the above verses it was illation that there was creatures on earth before Adam.

Old 01-22-2024, 03:35 AM

16,780 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
If He was actually a carpenter. Some say he worked with Joseph, so certainly he did some carpenters work, but was He a carpenter? I've read where some say he was a stone mason.
Correct, the word used is Tekton, which meant someone with a craft. Socrates was said to be a Tekton, a stone mason. Jesus was later described as a carpenter because more of the references Jesus made in the gospel are to do with wood work instead of other crafts.

To confuse the issue, it was also sometimes used to describe someone skilled in interpreting the Torah.

Old 01-22-2024, 10:51 AM

124 posts, read 103,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
not to mention all those blank years where it almost seems like the 'son of god' disappeared from the face of the earth.
Not at all. He was with his wolfpack, running around the desert looking for strippers and cocaine. The original prodigal son. For whatever reason, that gospel has since been removed.

Old 01-25-2024, 06:47 PM

2,776 posts, read 2,670,880 times
When Allah decided to raise `Isa to heaven, `Isa went to his companions while drops of water were dripping from his head.
At that time, there were twelve men at the house.
`Isa said to them, `Some of you will disbelieve in me twelve times after having believed in me.'
He then asked, `Who among you volunteers that he be made to resemble me and be killed instead of me
he will be with me in my place ( in Paradise ).
' One of the youngest men present volunteered, but `Isa commanded him to sit down.
`Isa repeated his statement and the young man again stood up and volunteered, and `Isa again told him to sit down.
`Isa repeated the same statement and the young man volunteered.
This time, `Isa said, `Then it will be you.'
The appearance of `Isa was cast upon that young man, while `Isa, peace be on him, was raised to heaven through an opening in the roof of the house.
The Jews came looking for `Isa and arrested the one that appeared as him, killing him by crucifixion.
Some of them disbelieved in `Isa twelve times, after they had believed in him.
They divided into three groups.
One group, Al-Ya`qubiyyah ( the Jacobites ), said, `Allah remained with us as much as He willed and then ascended to heaven.'
Another group, An-Nasturiyyah ( the Nestorians ), said, `Allah's son remained with us as much as Allah willed and He then rasied him up to heaven.'
A third group said, `Allah's servant and Messenger remained with us as much as Allah willed and then Allah raised him up to Him.'
The last group was the Muslim group.
The two disbelieving groups collaborated against the Muslim group and annihilated it.
Islam remained unjustly concealed until Allah sent Muhammad

Old 01-25-2024, 07:12 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
When Allah decided to raise `Isa to heaven, `Isa went to his companions while drops of water were dripping from his head.
At that time, there were twelve men at the house.
`Isa said to them, `Some of you will disbelieve in me twelve times after having believed in me.'
He then asked, `Who among you volunteers that he be made to resemble me and be killed instead of me
he will be with me in my place ( in Paradise ).
' One of the youngest men present volunteered, but `Isa commanded him to sit down.
`Isa repeated his statement and the young man again stood up and volunteered, and `Isa again told him to sit down.
`Isa repeated the same statement and the young man volunteered.
This time, `Isa said, `Then it will be you.'
The appearance of `Isa was cast upon that young man, while `Isa, peace be on him, was raised to heaven through an opening in the roof of the house.
The Jews came looking for `Isa and arrested the one that appeared as him, killing him by crucifixion.
Some of them disbelieved in `Isa twelve times, after they had believed in him.
They divided into three groups.
One group, Al-Ya`qubiyyah ( the Jacobites ), said, `Allah remained with us as much as He willed and then ascended to heaven.'
Another group, An-Nasturiyyah ( the Nestorians ), said, `Allah's son remained with us as much as Allah willed and He then rasied him up to heaven.'
A third group said, `Allah's servant and Messenger remained with us as much as Allah willed and then Allah raised him up to Him.'
The last group was the Muslim group.
The two disbelieving groups collaborated against the Muslim group and annihilated it.
Islam remained unjustly concealed until Allah sent Muhammad
No wonder Muslims are so misguided if this is the kind of nonsense you are taught about Jesus and Christianity! I am convinced more than ever that it was entirely the motivation of sibling rivalry that created Islam to counter Christianity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality