Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2024, 08:04 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
1. Many people over the course of mankind's history have allowed them be worshipped -- like all the pharaohs, most of the kings, etc. Even...well, the one who must not be named.

2. "allows himself to be worshipped" is such an ego trip.

3. https://islamfyi.princeton.edu/is-it...plary-prophet/
You're defending a grown man marrying a 9 year old? That's disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2024, 08:04 AM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You're defending a grown man marrying a 9 year old? That's disgusting.
Where, exactly, in that post did I do that. Be very specific.

This post of Baptist Fundie's is a very good example of christian intimidation.

Old 01-10-2024, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Where, exactly, in that post did I do that. Be very specific.
You posted a link to a Muslim apologist site defending it. Was that not your intent?

Old 01-10-2024, 09:00 AM

16,757 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
What website did you copy these from?
Why use a web site when the first question can be found by reading the Bible?

And should you complain about using websites and then post links to https://www.gotquestions.org?

Quote:
Do you think no one in the 1st Century stopped to ask this question?

There are a few theories. https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-genealogy.html
If Luke wrote early 2nd century AD, as many relevant historians now believe, then I think no one stopped to ask this in the 1st century AD.

Quote:
Again. Do you REALLY think that anyone reading the Gospels in the 1st Century would be that dumb?

There are once again a few possible answers. This is not a smoking gun to prove a contradiction, either.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Quirinius-census.html
It is a big smoking gun. That you can find ad hoc excuses that ignores what we know about the Romans does not mean you have answered the problem.

Quote:
Or, it means that you're reaching to find one where they don't exist.
No one is reaching, they obviously do exist as your website tries to answer them by ignoring what we know about the Romans.

Old 01-10-2024, 09:00 AM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
You posted a link to a Muslim apologist site defending it. Was that not your intent?
Another post that exemplifies christian intimidation.

But to answer your question: Whether I believe in something or not, it helps to understand the other side's perspective. You, on the other hand, seem afraid to read an opposing viewpoint. And yes, that article I recommended is in opposition to my viewpoint of what is morality. But I thought it was well written and made the viewpoint clear, as opposed to fiery statements we might find on a forum. If you can go back in this forum and show me posts of mine that show admiration of Islam...I welcome you to do so. It will be a fool's errand.

Old 01-10-2024, 09:10 AM

4,295 posts, read 1,553,748 times
Quote:
He used the divine name "I AM" 7 times in the Gospel of John.
If we're relying on John, the last gospel to be written (reckoned to be written circa 100AD) for direct quotes from Jesus when the earlier gospels have no such quotes I think you're on shaky ground. You'd think a "quote" of that importance would be relayed in the earliest gospel seeing as it's the foundation for the entire faith. No?

Its like me now writing down a direct, never heard before quote from Calvin Coolidge.

Old 01-10-2024, 09:53 AM

993 posts, read 782,612 times
3. The Healing at Sundown

145:3.9 (1632.8) When Peter implored the Master to heed their cry for help, Jesus, looking down upon the afflicted throng, answered: “I have come into the world to reveal the Father and establish his kingdom. For this purpose have I lived my life to this hour. If, therefore, it should be the will of Him who sent me and not inconsistent with my dedication to the proclamation of the gospel of the kingdom of heaven, I would desire to see my children made whole—and —” but the further words of Jesus were lost in the tumult.

145:3.10 (1633.1) Jesus had passed the responsibility of this healing decision to the ruling of his Father. Evidently the Father’s will interposed no objection, for the words of the Master had scarcely been uttered when the assembly of celestial personalities serving under the command of Jesus’ Personalized Thought Adjuster was mightily astir. The vast retinue descended into the midst of this motley throng of afflicted mortals, and in a moment of time 683 men, women, and children were made whole, were perfectly healed of all their physical diseases and other material disorders. Such a scene was never witnessed on earth before that day, nor since. And for those of us who were present to behold this creative wave of healing, it was indeed a thrilling spectacle.

https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book...days-capernaum

Old 01-10-2024, 12:15 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,664,439 times
Quote:
He used the divine name "I AM" 7 times in the Gospel of John. He called himself the Alpha and Omega in Revelation. He was worshiped in Revelation 4. He was worshiped various times, and he allowed it.

Would you consider a prophet that allows themselves to be worshiped to be good?
He used I AM to refere to him as Jesus
if some one asked me are you truth_teller i will say I AM

and he is Alpha and Omega in his teaching in the law

John 8:58

yes correct in the knowledge of Allah

we are all before even Adam
in the knowledge of Allah

Quote:
You didn't answer the question. Why did Muhammed marry a 9 year old? Was he a pedophile?
it was a marriage not pedophile
a marriage in public
infront the whole city
such marriage was normal at that era
his enemy acused him in many things but not in pedophile

Last edited by truth_teller; 01-10-2024 at 12:28 PM..

Old 01-10-2024, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
He used I AM to refere to him as Jesus
if some one asked me are you truth_teller i will say I AM
It's the same divine name that God used to identify himself to Moses. That's why in John 8:59 the Jews picked up stones to kill him. Have you read that?

Quote:
and he is Alpha and Omega in his teaching in the law
No. He didn't say that. You haven't read Revelation, have you?

Rev 1:17-18 "When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades."

That's what "Alpha and Omega" mean. It's the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet. When he said that he was saying he is beginning and end, not just of the Law, but of all creation.
Quote:

it was a marriage not pedophile
a marriage in public
infront the whole city
such marriage was normal at that era
his enemy acused him in many things but not in pedophile
So you're ok with a grown man marrying a 9 year old child? You're going to go with that? That's good? That's sick.

Old 01-10-2024, 11:24 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,664,439 times
The reason why the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) married ‘Aa’ishah despite the age difference

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/4499...age-difference
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality