Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2024, 06:50 PM

19,057 posts, read 27,627,799 times

Advertisements

Mystic, I have a question, if permitted to ask by forum rules etc.
I'm just curious. When was the last time, you HAD your meditative experience? Every time I read you mentioning it, it's always in the past?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2024, 08:36 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Life after death?....I don't even understand how there could be death after life.
How can something be created (life), and then simply go away (death)? Doesn't our understand of the law of conservation of energy prevent that?
So from my perspective, the life that is you has always existed, but in a form we never talk about and don't know about. When you die, your life goes back to a form that we don't know about. But it is not "gone", except from our view and our knowledge, much the same as the waves go back to the sea.
But dead Adam did Not go back to any sea - Genesis 2:17; 3:19 - dead Adam returned to the dust of the ground.
A person can Not return to a place he never was before. Adam simply returned to where he started - dust.
Adam went from non-life, to life, and returned back to non-life.

Because sinless Jesus died faithful for our sins is why the dead can be resurrected restored back to live again - Acts 24:15
Jesus will unlock the grave - Revelation 1:18

Old 04-16-2024, 11:16 PM

16,798 posts, read 4,996,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Life after death?....I don't even understand how there could be death after life.
How can something be created (life), and then simply go away (death)? Doesn't our understand of the law of conservation of energy prevent that?
Think of life like a cloud. Once it has rained (or evaporated), the cloud stops existing, even though the water still exists.

Old 04-17-2024, 07:32 AM

A cloud still exists, just in a different form. Time comes, water will vapor up, and a new cloud will develop. Just like life.

PS. Oh, and because some here so much adore science. Read up on various states of water and on water memory. Perfectly science.

Old 04-17-2024, 08:35 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
A cloud still exists, just in a different form. Time comes, water will vapor up, and a new cloud will develop. Just like life.
PS. Oh, and because some here so much adore science. Read up on various states of water and on water memory. Perfectly science.
... and perfectly matches the verses found at Job 36:27-28 about the water cycle. - Isaiah 55:10; Jeremiah 14:22; Prov. 3:20

Old 04-17-2024, 09:24 PM

Not really, but it's ok.
What I meant to say, in regards to water, that water in a cloud, raining down, becoming ocean, then cloud again, is carrying memory of each function/state it was in.
The German scientists believe that as water travels it picks up and stores information from all of the places that it has traveled through, which can thereby connect people to a lot of different places and sources of information when they drink this water, depending on the journey that it has been on.
https://www.resonancescience.org/blo...ter-Has-Memory

But it's just an allegory. Nicely pitched by militant materialist. Bravo!

Old 04-25-2024, 09:48 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,051,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
This article is going back to 2012 but it only just now appeared on my online newsfeed. Did anyone see this?

I'm a theoretical physicist, here's why life after death is impossible

It's an age-old question - what happens to your mind and body after you die?

According to one US scientist - not much at all. In a recently resurfaced video from 2012, theoretical physicist Sean Carroll gave a talk on the matter.

The academic - an external professor at the Santa Fe Institute and Homewood Professor of Natural Philosophy at Johns Hopkins University - said that the 'the laws of physics underlying everyday life are completely understood'.

Because of this, once we stop existing as a physical being, Carroll explained, there is no material understanding of how we could continue to live in our world.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...e05220683&ei=7

Your thoughts?
Well of course we couldn't continue to live in "our world". Heaven is NOT our world, trust me.

Old 04-25-2024, 10:31 AM

94 posts, read 14,676 times
Some cannot see deeper than the meat they think all they are is intelligent meat.I think that takes a lot of faith to believe that.Many of us know we are not just meat.If you want to believe all you are is a hunk of intelligent meat then so be it.Most have never even attempted to investigate they jump right to shame and ridicule the unscientific way of investigating.If you have never actually investigated you should say nothing because you know nothing.

Old 04-25-2024, 11:11 AM

50,867 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul888 View Post
Some cannot see deeper than the meat they think all they are is intelligent meat.I think that takes a lot of faith to believe that.Many of us know we are not just meat.If you want to believe all you are is a hunk of intelligent meat then so be it.Most have never even attempted to investigate they jump right to shame and ridicule the unscientific way of investigating.If you have never actually investigated you should say nothing because you know nothing.
Did it ever occur to you that some have looked deeper and discovered that christianity is not valid. That Buddhism is valid. Or Hinduism. Or Islam. Or any number of other religions. Your typical religious person simply grows up in an environment that emphasizes only one religion...and that's what they stick with; there's no 'intelligent investigation'.

Old 04-25-2024, 12:12 PM

94 posts, read 14,676 times
I said nothing about any faith or belief I was speaking strictly about atheist any one who has searched out spirituality attempted to get to the truth. Others don't even try just live in the construct don't look left don't look right go to work make money and then go buy your happiness with a material item at the store and when that wears off do it all over again.Ads pounded at you all day long political BS from every angle .Who is living blindly.

People don't understand what they are searching for and that is the eternal. We chase the good moments trying to relive them but they fade in to time very quickly we can't find it so we chase it in drug addiction sex, money,and anything else that is similar but you can never hang on to that moment so you continuously try to recreate it having the same thing happen again and again We can't even live in the moment its gone before you even think about it.

Last edited by Paul888; 04-25-2024 at 12:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality