Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 07:38 PM

19,064 posts, read 27,635,592 times

Advertisements

Let me guess. Post above will be followed by "but the science says! Look at neuro networks! Artificial intelligence!" and so on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2024, 10:22 PM

63,862 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
exactly.
also it is backwards to say that something inert and inanimate, generates that which is animate.

i am going to use cookie for the inert instead of meat.
an inert cookie does not generate intelligence.

it is the other way around. the intelligence of that which is animate, creates and generates that which is inanimate.
not the other way around.

an animate chef, creates and generates inanimate inert cookies.
inert cookies do not generate animate chefs.

inert physical object (brain, meat, cookie)
does not generate intelligence, nor does it animate anything, nor does it create anything. it is an inert lump that responds and reacts to intelligence which acts upon it or uses it or manipulates it.

that which is animate, acts upon that which is inanimate.
it is backward to claim the inanimate acts upon the animate.
We disagree about the very nature of Reality, Tzaph. Nothing is inert or dead. It is living and growing." The substrate IS consciousness itself. The many manifestations of it we see as the "material world" are aggregations of the underlying LIVING consciousness. What we call the molecular vibrations of everything (even the inert and inanimate) is evidence of the life force endemic to the living substrate consciousness. You misidentify "producing" as "creation. What the "meat" of our body and brain does is to "transform" the various material forms of the substrate we consume into its actual form -- living consciousness.

Old Yesterday, 03:43 AM

16,804 posts, read 5,000,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
No.
Then why did you argue COGITO, ERGO SUM (I think, therefore I am) if you now disagree with it?

Quote:
You do not know you exist, unless you are Self-conscious.
So now COGITO, ERGO SUM is correct!

Mein Gott, make up your mind.

Old Yesterday, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
::Sigh:: You take for granted that the "non-meat" (You) that the meat produces makes the meat intelligent. It does NOT! Only what the meat produces is intelligent.

You eventually agree with me (that the meat produces the intelligence) by misrepresenting what I was saying.

Quote:
The ability to mimic the processes causes you to assume all that exists are the processes the meat uses to produce the "non-meat" (You).
An irrelevant misrepresentation of reality.

Quote:
You cannot see the Real You from the outside because you identify internally with the meat.
No, I identify with the processes and the meat.

Old Yesterday, 04:06 AM

Quote:
To be honest, I was quite shocked, when I saw this definition of intelligence: the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills. Somehow, that does not sound right, sounds really watered, dumbed down. Most animals can do that, unless I'm missing some deep wisdom, human only pertinent, in that definition.

I like Russian version better: Derived from the Latin verb intelligo, which has the following meanings: “to feel, perceive, , notice; to know; think; to know a lot, to differentiate"[4][5].
Directly Latin word intelligentia includes a number of psychological concepts: “understanding, reason, cognitive power, ability of perception; concept, idea, recognition; perception, sensory cognition; skill, art"[6].
Thomas Aquinas uses the word "intelligentsia" (intelligence) in Summa Theologica (Part 1., v. 79, p. 10), however, he understands by this term “a cognitive act of the mind.â€
Does not lead to ...

Quote:
So no, "meat" can't be intelligent.

Old Yesterday, 04:45 AM

Quote:
exactly.
also it is backwards to say that something inert and inanimate, generates that which is animate.

i am going to use cookie for the inert instead of meat.
an inert cookie does not generate intelligence.

Just because cookies do not create intelligence does not mean that brains do not. Cookies do not believe in gods, therefore belief in gods can not exist according to your custard in the baggy pants level logic.

Quote:
it is the other way around. the intelligence of that which is animate, creates and generates that which is inanimate.
not the other way around.

an animate chef, creates and generates inanimate inert cookies.
inert cookies do not generate animate chefs.
Inert cookies do not post silly arguments on internet forums, therefore your posts on internet forums can not exist.

Quote:
inert physical object (brain, meat, cookie)
does not generate intelligence, nor does it animate anything, nor does it create anything. it is an inert lump that responds and reacts to intelligence which acts upon it or uses it or manipulates it.

that which is animate, acts upon that which is inanimate.
it is backwards to claim the inanimate acts upon the animate.
Instead of just ignoring the medical profession, neurologists and neuroscientists, explain what this intelligence is, how you know, how it functions, is it different to the intelligence of dogs, or dung beetles, why it even needs a brain, how did they react with anything before brains evolved, why energy expensive brains evolved through unguided processes so they could conveniently be used by this alleged intelligence? Because the 'meat' theory and all of it's evidence explains this with no alleged extras.

Do not just assert things, otherwise I must follow the evidence, and all you are left with is opinion, cookies, and baggy, custard filled trousers.

Old Yesterday, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Let me guess. Post above will be followed by "but the science says! Look at neuro networks! Artificial intelligence!" and so on.
Because opinion and assertions are far, far, far better than the overwhelming evidence you do not like?

Old Yesterday, 07:50 AM

19,064 posts, read 27,635,592 times
Have a good morning, Harry.

Old Yesterday, 07:58 AM

2,687 posts, read 1,194,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Rumor has it, that most people end up in "the nice place".
LMAO how did that run for so many seasons.

Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM

63,862 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
We disagree about the very nature of Reality, Tzaph. Nothing is inert or dead. It is living and growing." The substrate IS consciousness itself. The many manifestations of it we see as the "material world" are aggregations of the underlying LIVING consciousness. What we call the molecular vibrations of everything (even the inert and inanimate) is evidence of the life force endemic to the living substrate consciousness. You misidentify "producing" as "creation." What the "meat" of our body and brain does is to "transform" the various material forms of the substrate we consume into its actual form -- living consciousness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post

You eventually agree with me (that the meat produces the intelligence) by misrepresenting what I was saying.
An irrelevant misrepresentation of reality.
No, I identify with the processes and the meat.
The bolded above is not a misrepresentation. It is a clarification that incorporates a source for the "magical emergence" of YOU from the "meat and processes."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality