Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 12:27 PM

19,064 posts, read 27,642,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We disagree about the very nature of Reality, Tzaph. Nothing is inert or dead. It is living and growing." The substrate IS consciousness itself. The many manifestations of it we see as the "material world" are aggregations of the underlying LIVING consciousness. What we call the molecular vibrations of everything (even the inert and inanimate) is evidence of the life force endemic to the living substrate consciousness. You misidentify "producing" as "creation. What the "meat" of our body and brain does is to "transform" the various material forms of the substrate we consume into its actual form -- living consciousness.
True.
I said this many time. Everything is conscious as its function. Consciousness, The Consciousness, is the underlaying organizer to everything. It makes units of nature to cohere into something manifested as an object of a kind. It may be a living object, like animal, it may be a non-living object, like a rock, or a drop of water. But they all manifest and function as what they are only because of Consciousness.
What differs a conscious living being from a non conscious living being is amount of Consciousness, The Light of Intelligence, allotted to it.
In a majority of human beings, that amount reached level, that allowed a human to become self conscious. Cogito, ergo sum.
Yes, in essence, we stand on the same platform.

PS. Consciousness is neither living nor dead. It simply IS. It does not need food and does not multiply and does not produce waste, as living organisms do. It's just a principle of how things tick....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2024, 01:39 PM

22,265 posts, read 19,259,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
PS. Consciousness is neither living nor dead. It simply IS. It does not need food and does not multiply and does not produce waste, as living organisms do. It's just a principle of how things tick....
yes. exactly.
it does not procreate. it does not reproduce. it does not multiply. it is not living. it is not dead.

unborn, unformed, uncreated, unoriginated
always was and always will be

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 04-29-2024 at 01:51 PM..

Old 04-29-2024, 01:53 PM

"There is the unborn, uncreated, unformed, unoriginated, and therefore there is an escape from the born, created, formed, originated. If it were not for the unborn, uncreated, unformed, unoriginated, there would be no escape from the born, created, formed, originated, but because there is the unborn, uncreated, unformed, unoriginated, there is an escape, there is liberation from the born, created, formed, originated"

---Udana VIII.3

more here

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 04-29-2024 at 02:05 PM..

Old 04-29-2024, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
"There is the unborn, uncreated, unformed, unoriginated, and therefore there is an escape from the born, created, formed, originated. If it were not for the unborn, uncreated, unformed, unoriginated, there would be no escape from the born, created, formed, originated, but because there is the unborn, uncreated, unformed, unoriginated, there is an escape, there is liberation from the born, created, formed, originated"

---Udana VIII.3

more here
hear, hear!!! Love it!

Old 04-29-2024, 08:33 PM

63,864 posts, read 40,149,593 times
Quote:
The state of consciousness is endemic to life and does not exist absent from it. Your view of it is irrational and carnal, NOT spiritual, IMO.. What we experience and see as "physical life" (eg., needs food, multiplies. and produces waste) is a "transformation process" into higher manifestations of consciousness, NOT the essence of life.

Old Yesterday, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The state of consciousness is endemic to life and does not exist absent from it. Your view of it is irrational and carnal, NOT spiritual, IMO.. What we experience and see as "physical life" (eg., needs food, multiplies. and produces waste) is a "transformation process" into higher manifestations of consciousness, NOT the essence of life.
Everyone's entitled to opinion, none wrong there.
IMO, you are placing egg before chicken. You stating that "life" magically appeared, became conscious and developed into, sorry, transformed (how?) into higher manifestations of consciousness.
BTW, please, I already pointed out once that for a "spiritual" person you claim being, you are awfully judgemental and pretty much rude. I refer to such epithets as "irrational and carnal" pointed at me.
Please do refrain from and stay civil, thank you.
I am stating that Consciousness, being eternal and omnipresent, is the origin of life and consciousness, little it might be, in the human beings. Exactly opposite of your position.

Old Yesterday, 08:18 AM

Quote:
IMO, you are placing egg before chicken. You stating that "life" magically appeared, became conscious and developed into, sorry, transformed (how?) into higher manifestations of consciousness.
BTW, please, I already pointed out once that for a "spiritual" person you claim being, you are awfully judgemental and pretty much rude. I refer to such epithets as "irrational and carnal" pointed at me.
I am stating that Consciousness, being eternal and omnipresent, is the origin of life and consciousness, little it might be, in the human beings. Exactly opposite of your position.
yes.
well said.

Old Yesterday, 08:31 AM

Quote:
No judgment of you was intended. I was referring only to the concepts expressed. Consciousness, being eternal and omnipresent, IS life. The material forms of life we see are simply manifestations of it (think various "stages" of its life processes). The final stage (full consciousness) or Spirit is the consciousness we transform from the material stages we consume.

Old Yesterday, 08:35 AM

Quote:
BTW, please, I already pointed out once that for a "spiritual" person you claim being, you are awfully judgmental and pretty much rude. I refer to such epithets as "irrational and carnal" pointed at me.
yes.

particularly useful because view expressed above recognizes the distinction between big C Consciousness and little c consciousness. and the relationship of little c to big C.

big C is source of little c.
not the other way around.

you could even say that understanding that difference, that relationship (sequence) between big C and little c is a signpost or indicator of big C.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; Yesterday at 08:46 AM..

Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
yes.

particularly useful because view expressed above recognizes the distinction between big C Consciousness and little c consciousness. and the relationship of little c to big C.

big C is source of little c.
not the other way around.

you could even say that understanding that difference, that relationship (sequence) between big C and little c is a signpost or indicator of big C.
I agree with the bold, but in the only way that makes rational sense. Consciousness is endemic to Life and the concept of consciousness without life is irrational. The Big C is Eternal Life and involves eternal "growth." Your static (stagnant) view of it makes no sense at all. There is nothing static even the inert and inanimate manifestations have molecular vibrations. Our Little c is part of that eternal growth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality