Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2024, 12:14 PM

50,776 posts, read 24,277,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
The true Self (divinity; divinity within) is constant and doesn’t change.
body changes. thoughts change. all of physicality changes. mood changes. emotions change. job, finances, education, knowledge, information, intellect all those change.
identification with (and attachment to) anything that changes is an obstacle to Awakening
to divinity.

from Ramana Maharshi:

"The degree of the absence of thoughts is the measure of your progress towards Self-realization. But Self-realization itself does not admit of progress, it is ever the same. The Self remains always in realization. The obstacles are thoughts. Progress is measured by the degree of removal of the obstacles to understanding that the Self is always realized."

Stillness of mind, the quieting of thought, is necessary for Self-realization (Awakening)
This is what you BELIEVE. This is NOT FACT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2024, 12:45 PM

Quote:
since time is an illusion
there is no past.

since there is no past, there are no past lives.
since there is only now, all the past lives are now lives.
so they are simultaneous.

from the limited physical human perspective, time appears to be (a)real and (b)linear.
it is an aspect of physicality.
Self is not physical though. so time does not exist for Self.
This is what you BELIEVE. This is NOT FACT.

Old 04-13-2024, 06:47 PM

63,788 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
since time is an illusion
there is no past.

since there is no past, there are no past lives.
since there is only now, all the past lives are now lives.
so they are simultaneous.

from the limited physical human perspective, time appears to be (a)real and (b)linear.
it is an aspect of physicality.
Self is not physical though. so time does not exist for Self.
This is an error. Our measured and experienced time is DERIVATIVE, NOT an illusion. The formation time for our "instantaneous awareness" is NOT instantaneous. It forms at the speed of light causing the "constant" speed of light (and other related constants) in our measures. Speculations drawn from this "derivative time" are in error. The universe itself IS TIME and all Reality is established in its "quantum time." Reality is neither constant nor static (vibrations cannot be static). It is continuously changing (i.e., "Growing") and we are part and parcel of its growth.

Old 04-13-2024, 06:53 PM

22,154 posts, read 19,206,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is an error. Our measured and experienced time is DERIVATIVE, NOT an illusion. The formation time for our "instantaneous awareness" is NOT instantaneous. It forms at the speed of light causing the "constant" speed of light (and other related constants) in our measures. Speculations drawn from this "derivative time" are in error. The universe itself IS TIME and all Reality is established in its "quantum time." Reality is neither constant nor static (vibrations cannot be static). It is continuously changing (i.e., "Growing") and we are part and parcel of its growth.
= chattering of the intellect

Old 04-13-2024, 07:00 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
ETERNAL LIFE IS BORING
It sure beats hanging around here, watching the lemmings run over the cliff, with a side show of man's inhumanity to man.

Old 04-13-2024, 07:24 PM

63,788 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
= chattering of the intellect
Intellect is all we have to understand Reality. Those who eschew intellect for fantasy and imagination are misusing their God-given intellect. That is something I refuse to do, hence my decades of effort to understand my encounter with a LIVING Divinity! YMMV!

Old 04-13-2024, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Intellect is all we have to understand Reality. Those who eschew intellect for fantasy and imagination are misusing their God-given intellect. That is something I refuse to do, hence my decades of effort to understand my encounter with a LIVING Divinity! YMMV!
the Zen masters have been at it longer.
and their understanding exceeds yours.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 04-13-2024 at 11:41 PM..

Old 04-13-2024, 11:17 PM

Quote:
that is ego talking.

"Complete identification with the mind is your egoic identity. For millions of people on the planet, that is who they think they are."

"The ego doesn't know that mind and mental positions have nothing to do with who you are because the ego is the unobserved mind itself.”

--Eckhart Tolle

ego thinks and believes that it is the mind.
however Awareness (divinity) observes the mind (and its incessant attendant chatter)

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 04-14-2024 at 12:42 AM..

Old 04-13-2024, 11:34 PM

16,768 posts, read 4,974,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It sure beats hanging around here, watching the lemmings run over the cliff, with a side show of man's inhumanity to man.
Does that not depend on the afterlife one gets?

Old 04-13-2024, 11:46 PM

Quote:
the Zen masters have been at it longer.
and their understanding exceeds yours.
and yours

but since you want to cite the Zen masters...why aren't you a Zen Buddhist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality