Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2024, 08:38 AM

22,233 posts, read 19,245,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
The "soul" in terms, used by you, is not essence of a "person". "person", aka "personality", is a mask, developed and acquired by the portion of the Conscious Self, that contacts the physical body. A physical body is run by a dedicated unit of nature, highly developed, but not self-conscious, and dwelling in the voluntary and involuntary nervous systems. 99.8% of thinking is done by the body-mind and, only sometimes, by the Self itself.
I had several instances, when I wake up at night, completely oblivious of where I am and what I am. With only one firm understanding, that I AM. It is a bit eery sensation, then slowly, "persona" returns. Yet, very rewarding. That "I AM" is the soul.
"Soul", or the immortal, re-existing portion, is that that gives I-ness, I-AMness and Selfness. "soul" is what discerns I/Self from You/Them in the core. Everything else, defining a person, is what is highlighted in your post. It is as fleeing, as the existence itself, comes, flickers for a brief moment, rests, flickers again, and so on.

PS On a different note. My grandson is 3. He always refers to himself in the third person. Eric wants, Eric has... so on. There was only one instance, when he said - I want. He is yet not identifying himself, as Self. I am looking forward to that moment, as Self starts contacting the body somewhere around 3-5 years of age.
yes that is a good way of putting it

i agree that the soul is not the personality.
and i agree that the soul is I AM.

Self (big S) is soul. the I AM. (spark of divinity within me)

self (small s) is personality and identity of a specific lifetime (which changes with each incarnation): person's body, feelings, thoughts, mind, intellect, emotions, job, language, choices, gender, name, etc. the local life lived by the human bearing that identity

"i am a little old lady who works at a medical center" is not the essence of me.
I AM is.

everything else is shed when the body dies. they are not intrinsic.
only I AM is.
=intrinsic, essential, essence

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 04-16-2024 at 09:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2024, 09:54 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
The "soul" in terms, used by you, is not essence of a "person". "person", aka "personality", is a mask, developed and acquired by the portion of the Conscious Self, that contacts the physical body. A physical body is run by a dedicated unit of nature, highly developed, but not self-conscious, and dwelling in the voluntary and involuntary nervous systems. 99.8% of thinking is done by the body-mind and, only sometimes, by the Self itself.
I had several instances, when I wake up at night, completely oblivious of where I am and what I am. With only one firm understanding, that I AM. It is a bit eery sensation, then slowly, "persona" returns. Yet, very rewarding. That "I AM" is the soul.
"Soul", or the immortal, re-existing portion, is that that gives I-ness, I-AMness and Selfness. "soul" is what discerns I/Self from You/Them in the core. Everything else, defining a person, is what is highlighted in your post. It is as fleeing, as the existence itself, comes, flickers for a brief moment, rests, flickers again, and so on.

PS On a different note. My grandson is 3. He always refers to himself in the third person. Eric wants, Eric has... so on. There was only one instance, when he said - I want. He is yet not identifying himself, as Self. I am looking forward to that moment, as Self starts contacting the body somewhere around 3-5 years of age.
I understand why there is confusion. You did not have direct consciousness-to-consciousness contact with the Oneness. There can be no confusion when that happens. You are known, God is known, and ALL is known. Sadly, it is not produced by the brain so the brain does not record it. It is fleeting when the contact ends. What traces your Real Self gained as quanta is not directly available to our "delayed playback" awareness. It was not easy to reconstruct. Contrary to your understanding of Self (I Am). YOU do exist as YOU but as part of the Oneness that is God.

Old 04-16-2024, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I understand why there is confusion. You did not have direct consciousness-to-consciousness contact with the Oneness. There can be no confusion when that happens. You are known, God is known, and ALL is known. Sadly, it is not produced by the brain so the brain does not record it. It is fleeting when the contact ends. What traces your Real Self gained as quanta is not directly available to our "delayed playback" awareness. It was not easy to reconstruct. Contrary to your understanding of Self (I Am). YOU do exist as YOU but as part of the Oneness that is God.
regarding bold above, you are in no position whatsoever to make such a statement. you are not the authority nor do you have even an inkling of what anyone else has or has not experienced.

also, it is the height of both arrogance and ignorance to insist that only your own experiences are valid and to dismiss anything else out of hand.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 04-16-2024 at 11:09 AM..

Old 04-16-2024, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
regarding bold above, you are in no position whatsoever to make such a statement. you are not the authority nor do you have even an inkling of what anyone else has or has not experienced.

also, it is the height of both arrogance and ignorance to insist that only your own experiences are valid and to dismiss anything else out of hand.
No one else has claimed to have had direct consciousness-to-consciousness contact with the Oneness while retaining their individual sense of Self. IF you have, then say so, otherwise no need to be so testy about it.

Old 04-16-2024, 11:50 AM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:

Ahhh...you know how I've critiqued some of your posts because you state things as facts, instead of using statements such as: "I believe..." or "My belief is..."???

Old 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM

25,584 posts, read 17,310,316 times
Quote:
Here is why life after death is impossible (soul, quote, believe)
Life after death?....I don't even understand how there could be death after life.
How can something be created (life), and then simply go away (death)? Doesn't our understand of the law of conservation of energy prevent that?

So from my perspective, the life that is you has always existed, but in a form we never talk about and don't know about. When you die, your life goes back to a form that we don't know about. But it is not "gone", except from our view and our knowledge, much the same as the waves go back to the sea.

Old 04-16-2024, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Life after death?....I don't even understand how there could be death after life.
How can something be created (life), and then simply go away (death)? Doesn't our understand of the law of conservation of energy prevent that?

So from my perspective, the life that is you has always existed, but in a form we never talk about and don't know about. When you die, your life goes back to a form that we don't know about. But it is not "gone", except from our view and our knowledge, much the same as the waves go back to the sea.
bold above i agree

some call that the I AM
or divinity. or the soul that returns to Source.

came from there and returns to there.
always was and always will be.
no beginning and no end.

i am enjoying the post above.

Old 04-16-2024, 02:22 PM

923 posts, read 527,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
Got any evidence for the soul?
Yes, I do.
Read Journey of Souls by Michael Newton.

Old 04-16-2024, 03:50 PM

Quote:
bold above i agree

some call that the I AM
or divinity. or the soul that returns to Source.

came from there and returns to there.
always was and always will be.
no beginning and no end.

i am enjoying the post above.
We all enjoy what we agree with.

Old 04-16-2024, 06:26 PM

19,056 posts, read 27,627,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Nothing that I said contradicts anything you say. Or, anything you say, contradicts anything I said.
For one, though, that had experience, as you describe it, you are awfully judgemental.

Be well

Namaste
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality