Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 09:58 PM

3 posts, read 7,666 times

Advertisements

hey it seems most people are saying that conway is nicer than myrtle beach? im confused as i originally thought this was the opposite...

hey guys, could you write roughly the top 5 towns in the myrtle beach area in order of affluence/safety?

im moving to the area for a job this coming month, and deciding on the town to move to (job is in conway)...and shorty mac, im a 23 year old male, ill be your friend haha. good luck to you down there, hope you like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 11:03 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,873,863 times
Quote:
hey guys, could you write roughly the top 5 towns in the myrtle beach area in order of affluence/safety?
I guess affluency & safety may run hand in hand... this should be an interesting list. It is actually somewhat difficult because some develoments are like "towns" & while Myrtle Beach as a whole may not make the list, certain neighborhoods might. Here is my completely amateur list (obviously I am more familar with the south end). These are not necessarily in order either.

1. DeBourdieu Colony/Prince George
2. Grand Dunes section of MB
3. Litchfield Beach
4. Town of Pawleys Island
5. Garden City Beach

Old 11-08-2008, 03:04 PM

41 posts, read 82,763 times
Default should I relocate to MB?

Some of the restaurants close for the winter, and the job market here is really bad. I moved here months ago and haven't been able to get a job. I rent a 2BR, furnished, but no utilities included for $700 month. Good luck!

Old 11-09-2008, 01:54 PM

80 posts, read 322,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baylovers View Post
I guess affluency & safety may run hand in hand... this should be an interesting list. It is actually somewhat difficult because some develoments are like "towns" & while Myrtle Beach as a whole may not make the list, certain neighborhoods might. Here is my completely amateur list (obviously I am more familar with the south end). These are not necessarily in order either.

1. DeBourdieu Colony/Prince George
2. Grand Dunes section of MB
3. Litchfield Beach
4. Town of Pawleys Island
5. Garden City Beach
I substantially agree with the list (I have a second home in Pawleys Island). DeBordieu/Prince George and Grande Dunes are gated and guarded, so of course they are the most secure and among the most expensive communities on the Grand Strand.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:15 PM

421 posts, read 2,533,756 times
I'm flying to myrtle beach in two weeks for a few days during x-mas, can't wait to get out of the cold weather up here in Pennsylvania. While I'm down there I'm going to ask around about jobs in dentistry. I currently practice in upstate and I'm looking to relocate to SC in a few years. Sorry Shorty I don't have any advice for you, I'm also looking to help myself.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:46 PM

156 posts, read 350,904 times
The job market is definitely shrinking, last I heard the unemployment rate was heading up, and I was told that the projection for the spring was bleak. I was just there visiting and the 400 million dollar Hard rock park that everyone told me I was crazy for saying was going bankrupt, is in fact now bankrupt. It was sitting with gates closed. There was a sign on the fence that it was for sale. I have been told it is offered at 35 million, and it cost 400 million. I have no way of checking all of these numbers, but the people who told me are the same who said that they were going to shut down this summer. When many here said it was bullpuckey. My sister in law just was laid off of her waitress job because of the slow down. My brother went from making 1300 a week at ARS a big plumbing company, to 300 a week and hopes he can keep that up. He said he was in a stripper bar to replace the hot water heater, They refused to have it replaced and said unless it was going to blow up fix the one they had. I think we may see the grapes of wrath soon.
One big problem is that Myrtle Beach has many homes sitting on the market for over a year, and no one seems to want to drop the price to move them. There was a big run up in price over the last 4 years, and there needs to be a big drop in price to bring things back in line. I guess it will be a painful 4 years going forward.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 12-11-2008, 03:42 PM

2 posts, read 5,520 times
Default How Cold is Cold???

I guess the question is relative. When my husband and I went to New Orleans (pre-Katrina) over Thanksgiving we swam in the heated rooftop pool when it was 39 degrees out. To a Chicagoan, it was quite warm. To our relatives from N. O. ... they thought we had lost our MINDS!!! They were in winter coats with hats, scarves and gloves. We had light jackets at best. So, in Conway, MB area... How cold is cold??? What can I expect in the winter (Temperature and Snow)?
Thanks

Old 01-03-2009, 07:35 AM

4 posts, read 11,446 times
A little late in replying to your inquiry about temps..I'm a recent transplant, lol, from Michigan..today it's forecasted to hit the mid sixties with nighttime temps around the 40's..I still giggle when the weather people on the news start announcing the "windchill" when it goes down into the high thirtes to forties!! Good luck!

Old 08-20-2009, 09:02 AM

4 posts, read 9,507 times
Wink yes nice place my family lives im moving there soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Mac View Post
Hello everyone,

I am a divorced, single, 28 year old female. I am also new to this site but have found it to be very helpful and interesting! I have visited Myrtle Beach several times throughout my life and I just fell in love with it! I was born in and still currently live in East Tennessee. I have come to a dead end in my life and need a change. It has always been my dream to live at the beach but when I was married that was completely out of the question. I work full time as a receptionist and part time as a waitress. I also started college last August but I am taking the summer off. I will be moving alone, but I do have close family that vacates there all throughout the year. I have been reading about safety, traffic, tourists, and anything else that could be negative. That's just not the picture I had in my mind. I am going to be absolutely scared to death for safety reasons and being alone. So the question I'm asking is, would this be a good move for me to make? I was just there a couple of weeks ago and I tried to talk to as many locals as I could. Is this a good place for someone of my age, being single, and alone? Could I find and keep employment? Could I make friends easily? I'm sorry this is so long but I am really torn... PLEASE HELP!!
yes i would alot too do in myrtle beach

Old 08-20-2009, 09:04 AM

4 posts, read 9,507 times
well any one know any thing abouth low in come housing ,for people with disabiltys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area