Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 12:25 PM

33 posts, read 72,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retire in MB View Post
I'm in the process of buying one of the carriage houses. I'll be there in 1 1/2 years. Can't wait
I can't really say welcome yet, as our house is just being built & we aren't there yet. Looking forward to meeting some of our future neighbors, you included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 04:37 PM

39 posts, read 84,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeVAman View Post
Crabtree gym is not bad, Hammer Strength, older cybex, and decent cardio. For someone 55 and older, $125 per year for city resident. Biggest gripe is the hours are terrible. I also live in Market Common and have a flexible schedule so as long as you don't want to train after 9 pm M-Thursday, Friday after 8, and closed on Sundays.Welcome to MB. Moved here from Arlington, VA. Love it 75%, but don't expect the polish, service or ethics you grew accustom to from the Balt/Wash region. It's all trade offs but can't beat the Market Common lifestyle, and proximity to beach.
I agree with the 75% time but am learning how to adjust. Boy - don't let some of the people on Nextdoor hear you say anything 'negative' about it here - they WILL bite your head off! I've learned to keep my mouth shut! The fact that I wanted a Trader Joe's here instead of ANOTHER Bi-Lo and expressed my concern didn't go over very well. Like I'm not allowed to have my own opinion or concerns.

My husband and I went for a bike ride throughout the Market Common yesterday - it was a little chilly when we left but really warmed up later on. We have a BLAST getting on the bikes and riding up to MC - we certainly couldn't do that we we lived without taking you life into your own hands with all the traffic. Market Common is perfect for riding bikes and walking! Went riding around for a few hours on Saturday and ended up at Happy Hour - it certainly is a different adventure! Enjoy!

If anyone already lives in the Market Common and want an invite to Nextdoor.com - let me know. You have to have a verifiable address by a neighbor to join the community forum. Send me your e-mail address if interested.

Old 12-03-2014, 03:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,713 times
HI. We are thinking of buying in EP and wanted to know more about the community. Are there kids or is it mostly retirees or a mix of ages and family types? Thanks!

Old 12-04-2014, 07:39 AM

33 posts, read 72,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcknow View Post
HI. We are thinking of buying in EP and wanted to know more about the community. Are there kids or is it mostly retirees or a mix of ages and family types? Thanks!
I have only met a few people in the community, when i visited a couple of times & some are older & some do have young children. But, I have only been onsite a couple of times. I will say though, everyone I have met so far has been very nice, friendly & welcoming!! I haven't heard any complaints so far!

Old 05-29-2019, 11:06 AM

4 posts, read 2,888 times
Default Looking at townhouses in Emmens Preserve

First time poster. Looking at downsizing and moving to MB where we have been vacationing for years. Love the Market Commons area and EP and have looked online at a few townhouses with garages (a must) that fit our under 250 budget if that is possible. We are coming from a single family home but like the idea of no yard to take care of. Anyone have any experience with townhouses there. Are they mostly owner occupied or rented out? Are any of the roads in EP really busy? Anyone have a good buyer's agent in that area?

Thanks to everyone for all the great posts on this site. It has been very helpful.

Old 05-29-2019, 11:08 AM

Should have pointed out that we are retired and love bike riding and going to the beach.

Old 05-29-2019, 12:42 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,699,024 times
To the best of my knowledge most are owner occupied or used as second homes. There are probably some rentals. Last year they finished the condos on the west side of Coventry and they sold quickly. Right now there are a few on the east side of Coventry for resale.
Biking around here is great. You are allowed to ride on the wide sidewalks on the busy streets (Farrow and Meyers) and there are some very nice bike paths right here in the Market Common. I bike to the beach at least once a week (public access off Springmaid Blvd) or you can take your golf cart to the state park.

Yorkshire and Berkshire are being used as short cuts to 17 Bypass and can get busy, but busy is relative. If you are coming from a medium to large city you will find the traffic light. The neighborhood is working with the police on speeding on these streets. Culbertson where the condos are located can get congested with parked cars since parking is only allowed on on side of the street and everyone here as 2 cars and a golf cart.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:39 PM

Thank you. I noticed most of the resales are off Coventry/Culbertson and wondered if it was because of the traffic. We are in a small town now but spent many working years commuting in large cities.I suppose as long as there are plenty of bike paths that wouldn't be a problem unless it was very noisy.

I was also wondering about the best time of year to buy. I know here everyone buys and sells around the school year. Does that hold for the EP properties as well? We are flexible in timing if prices drop at the end of the summer.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:59 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,699,024 times
Just my opinion, I'm not a real estate agent. I think that if there are multiple units of the same type for sale (like right now) your negotiating position would be stronger. These homes are competing against each other for buyers. I haven't really noticed a "season" for the condos, but a real estate agent would know more about this. I'll send you a PM with the info on an agent a friend used and was happy with.

Old 06-01-2019, 06:18 AM

Thank you everyone for the PM's with agent recommendations and EP information. We are excited to get the process started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area