Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 11:46 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,675,219 times

Advertisements

We have TWC and are not at all happy with the service. Just got a letter from Frontier, who apparently provides internet service in this area. I think you could also go with a satellite service such as Dish or Direct. Not sure.

For some reason, even though I live in Horry Co. HTC is not available where I live. Go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 12:08 PM

39 posts, read 84,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
We have TWC and are not at all happy with the service. Just got a letter from Frontier, who apparently provides internet service in this area. I think you could also go with a satellite service such as Dish or Direct. Not sure.

For some reason, even though I live in Horry Co. HTC is not available where I live. Go figure.

My husband is on the phone with HTC and they do service Emmens Preserve. So now I need to hear from those who have this service and what problems you encounter. Any happy TWC customers?

Old 04-23-2014, 02:50 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,551,378 times
I have Optimum in NJ, Comcast in FL and TW in SC. None of them are great. All of them are OK. TW is as good/bad as the others......

Actually I should add that TW is currently the only one of the three that does not require some kind of cable box on all TV's. In SC we get a decent selection of channels, even a few HD ones, right from the cable....

Old 04-23-2014, 03:34 PM

7 posts, read 23,397 times
We purchased in Emmens Preserve (Lennar) and have discovered that HTC serves the area with FTTH. They offer bundled services (TV, Internet, Cable, Security) like most other 'last mile' carriers. I've also seen Dish and Directv antennas on homes and townhouses. We haven't decided who our carrier(s) will be yet as we do not close until late May. However, we use Ooma (via internet) for telephone and will just move it with us and add an 843-353 number as a second line Hard to beat $10 a month. Love to hear any comments on HTC for cable and Internet.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:24 PM

161 posts, read 330,528 times
We have HTC now and have no issues. Phone went out once , they were here within a few hours - was an easy fix .

Old 05-08-2014, 07:19 AM

Finally got internet/cable/phone yesterday. It basically was a 50/50 split over TW and HTC - I asked several people around here and on the Emmens facebook group. Our next door neighbor was also moving in (who was local to the area) said she was going with TW, so we just went with them since HTC was going to take 7 - 14 days to come out to install. So far everything is OK - a very nice young man came and did the connection - a contractor from Florence. Will keep you updated if any problems arise. Plan ahead - I had 9 days of email to go through - deleted over a thousand! YIKES!

Old 05-08-2014, 07:21 AM

Question #2 answered - We have recycle pickup right at the house. So happy that our community recycles!

Old 06-30-2014, 04:32 PM

Update . . .

We have been here 2 months and all is good! LOL

1. I found Kangan water, so all is good until I decide what my next move is.

2. Yes, we have curbside pickup on Monday mornings for recycle.

3. The park pass is $75 and gets you in all 47 state parks or $99 with some added bonuses!

4. We got a membership to the Crabtree Gym BUT I have yet to go. My husbands goes every other day. They are closed on Sundays. He like it. Lennar gave us a year membership when we closed on our house.

5. I am finding sources for organic produce. Indigo Farms has a table at Myrtle's Market on Wed, Fri. & Sat.
My son has visited us twice from Wilmington, NC and brought my Trader Joe's shopping list down with him - I think I need him to do another run to Trader Joe's - supply getting low!

We love living here in the Market Common area - it was a good choice for us. Now to find the time to do every thing we love to do! YIKES!! If you like to ride a bike - plenty of easy access trails and sidewalks. That is what I am off to do now. . .

Old 06-30-2014, 05:15 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,421,833 times
What are the HOA's?

Old 06-30-2014, 07:26 PM

Home Owners Association.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area