Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 06:43 PM

8 posts, read 32,028 times

Advertisements

does anyone have any info on the emmens preserve just south east of the airport looking at a house there lennar is building them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 04:03 AM

882 posts, read 3,540,577 times
What type of information are you looking for? I live very close by....

Old 03-06-2010, 05:18 AM

what is the area like
how easy to get to the beach
is the plan well keep
how many houses are there and are they active building
looking to retire this area in nov
thanks

Old 03-06-2010, 08:59 AM

245 posts, read 762,448 times
I have been in them and I know someone that lives there.I thnk they are very pretty and they are still building. In fact I am pretty sure they just started a new phase. My friend loves the area and ease of getting anywhere you need to go. Beach less than five minutes...I would get a state park pass and go to the Myrtle Beach state park but there is plenty of public access within 5 minutes too.

Old 03-06-2010, 02:14 PM

The Market Commons area in general is a very nice area. It has fallen victim to the downturn in the economy but so has everywhere else on the beach. Lennar seems to build a decent home for the money, relative to the other tract builders such as DR Horton, Ryland, Centex and the like. Emmons Preserve has at least 2 or 3 different phases within the community. Each has it's own architectural style and size of home. The majority of the homes being built right now are in the rear section, which looks to be the smaller homes. If I had to guess, I'd be willing to bet that the lots are about 60' wide and no more than 100' deep if that, but that's only a GUESS.

There did appear to be people living there the last time I rode through, which was about 6 months ago. Couldn't tell you if they are more rentals or more owner occupied residences. Obviously, when there are more rentals in a community, the more issues you are likely to incur. It's sad that it's that way, but it's the way it is. Renters don't care about the property or community like someone who has an actual vested interest in it.

Access to the beach is excellent. It's a short drive, an by short I mean less than 2 miles to the beach access you'd need. Fact of the matter is, you can drive a golf cart to/from the beach if you so desired. Just be sure that the golf cart has the proper registration./insurance, etc.

Most any shopping you would like to do is within a 10 mile radius if even that far.

Because it is a new development, the amenities do not appear to be completed at this time, but I could be mistaken on this. Everything does look to be kept neat and in order.

Hopefully this gives you a little better idea of what you're looking for.

Also, this development DOES lie within the City Limits of MB, so your taxes would be a little higher than they would be in a similar development outside of the city limits. That's all part of the give and take of ownership and location..

Old 03-06-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post

Obviously, when there are more rentals in a community, the more issues you are likely to incur. It's sad that it's that way, but it's the way it is. Renters don't care about the property or community like someone who has an actual vested interest in it.
That is a pretty bold statement. We have been renters and homeowners over the years due to job transfers and I have always left every place I have EVER lived better than when I moved in. Plus every property I have owned and rented to others has been in pristine condition during and after the rental.The only people that have problems with renters are people that don't know how to vet their candidates. As a realtor I have found homeowners to be much more lax in their upkeep.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbychoice14 View Post
That is a pretty bold statement.
As both an agent and having a couple years of property management experience, I can say that, without fail, more oft than not, problems in an HOA environment, are created by renters moreso than owners.

I don't doubt what you say, as I, myself, was the exception and no the rule, as I always improved the properties I rented and I *always* received my full deposit back upon termination of any lease... but, again, based on *my* personal experience, we are the exception, not the rule.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:07 AM

Well as an agent and a property manager for over ten years my experience is not the same as yours and I take exception to you stating it as fact. It is your opinion and should be stated as such.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:34 PM

thank you for your responses hope not to start a fight here lol not looking to get into a area of rentals just moving here to retire and relax coming from nj taxes can not be that much higher i9n mb as other areas 7000 up here if anyone else has any other infr thank you

Old 03-07-2010, 10:26 PM

Southern-
I'm not going to engage in a chest thumping match. If you disagree, fine.

if anyone else who reads my comments disagrees, so be it. You interpreted my comment as fact. The last time I checked, whenever posting on a forum, whether this or any other trade forum, one generally posts their own experiences and knowledge.

I even replied a SECOND time to state that based on *my* experience, we are the exception, not the rule.

Honestly, if it's THAT big a deal to you and it bothers you THAT much, well, I'm sorry. I stand by my comment as you stand by yours. No harm in that. And if it matters, I've never made a comment or statement on here to 'target' or 'offend' anyone else and it certainly wasn't my intent here.

Now, on to the OP's question.. I did take the opportunity to ride thru Emmens Preserve today. It's obviously been longer than I thought since I've ridden through the area. I didn't have my camera handy so I was not able to take pictures to post for you. There appeared to have been roughly 100 or so homes already built in the Master Community. By that, I mean that there are a couple different phases within the Community. Each has a little different feel. The actual Emmens Preserve had a particular layout that I liked... The home had a rear side load garage.. My wife actually commented on how she liked that particular layout as well.

Not sure if all the homes are actually sold or occupied yet, but it did appear that several were occupied. In this economy, I'm impressed with the progress of the area.

No matter where you choose, I would advise to come down numerous times, spend a week or two (possibly more), drive around, look at the different areas you are considering. An even greater idea (IMO- just to clarify) is to consider renting in a given neighborhood prior to making that purchase. You get a MUCH better feel for the neighborhood this way PRIOR to being "locked in" to that purchase... I'd bet the farm that you won't find many agents, or Realtors ® for that fact, that would give that advice.

Good luck in your search and I'd hope you'll be happy calling Myrtle Beach home if and when the time comes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area