Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 09:04 AM

3 posts, read 8,324 times

Advertisements

any updates on Emmens Preserve? Looking to make the big move from NY to paradise (and yes, we LOVE MB and consider it paradise).
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 12:21 PM

267 posts, read 1,021,369 times
I live in Emmens Preserve, what I can say is that not all rentals are bad and not all home owners are good. We don't have a ton of renters in here, but what I will say is that the worst kept property's here are rental properties. The same could be said of my last neighborhood in Summerville as well.

I live in the Original Emmens homes. Lennar stopped building them because they were to costly to build after the real estate Crash. Building that rear semi detached garage is like building a second house. For the same price point has what they unloaded those homes for, they are selling cluster homes, so if you like to be packed in and share a drive way- this is for you!

Old 11-15-2011, 06:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,590 times
Emmens Preserve has sold 204 homes to date. The swimming pool is underway hopefully to be finished for this summer season. The walking trails, lake and Emmens Park are finished and getting close to being opened for usage to the homeowners. There are very few renters in this community, most are second homes and primary homes. New product has been released for sale and other product is still being developed that will start in the next 6 months. Emmens is currently the fastest selling community in Myrtle Beach and is close to the Market Common and also the beach and airport.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:20 PM

161 posts, read 331,105 times
We too have looked at Emmens Preserve. We found our favorite floor plan here. We also considered ( as mentioned above) about the difference in the property taxes and whether it would be worth it. Also, this is for those of you who live there ----what about the close location of the airport? Any issue with plane noise? I know I read about expansion and wonder if it would change the air traffic patterns at all?

Old 11-16-2011, 08:57 AM

882 posts, read 3,541,717 times
KavH,
I live right around the corner from Emmens Preserve and I've never had any issues with plane noise. Sure, you'll hear the occasional C130 from Shaw AFB doing a touch and go, or a Helicopter every once in a while, but it has never been an issue for me.

The only real disadvantage to living there right now is the construction at the back gate. Once that has been completed, however, it's going to be much, MUCH easier to get in and out of the area.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:44 AM

3 posts, read 8,324 times
Here is the $250k question...if you could buy a home RIGHT NOW in Myrtle Beach or any surrounding area, would you buy at EP or somewhere else...(those who live in SC).
Caveat----looking to retire there from NY in 5-6 years but want to take advantage of low rates/prices NOW.
Thanks for the help.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:23 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,560,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotoguy218 View Post
Here is the $250k question...if you could buy a home RIGHT NOW in Myrtle Beach or any surrounding area, would you buy at EP or somewhere else...(those who live in SC).
Caveat----looking to retire there from NY in 5-6 years but want to take advantage of low rates/prices NOW.
Thanks for the help.
I don't know anything about EP, but I am a retiree from NJ and love Murrells Inlet. There are some super values in my community (Park West). My realtor just sent me a list as I am trying to get my 86 yo father to sell his RV and settle close to us.

PM me your email address if you are interested in the list of what is currently available.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:45 PM

161 posts, read 331,105 times
We would love to move NOW and not wait for retirement ( if that ever really can happen ) and would be there in a heartbeat if we had jobs to come to!

Old 12-03-2011, 01:14 PM

46 posts, read 126,914 times
does anyone know what the hoa are and is it city limits

Old 12-04-2011, 03:17 PM

194 posts, read 749,751 times
There are many great neighborhoods in the Myrtle Beach area and the Market Commons is a good location. Bargains are everywhere too. Wherever you decide you should make sure you can live with the HOA. There are both good and bad in that regard and some are more restrictive than others.

Personally I think Murrells Inlet area is tops. Close to the water/beach, creek and river. Waccamaw Community Hospital and Inlet Square Mall and Brookgreen Gardens.

Wachesaw East & Indigo Creek come to mind both are built around golf courses. Again that would be my choice. There are also newer homes in International Club and Prince Creek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area