Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 07:01 PM

32 posts, read 266,253 times

Advertisements

We are conflicted about our next move. Both retired, and considering either Wilmington, NC area or Myrtle Beach area. So I guess this is for Lover of Animals mostly. What difference in lifestyle do you expect to get from your upcoming move ? Hoping to gleen some "insider" info from you. Thanks in advance. Sorry I didn't no how to PM you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 04:42 AM

638 posts, read 995,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcat8350 View Post
We are conflicted about our next move. Both retired, and considering either Wilmington, NC area or Myrtle Beach area. So I guess this is for Lover of Animals mostly. What difference in lifestyle do you expect to get from your upcoming move ? Hoping to gleen some "insider" info from you. Thanks in advance. Sorry I didn't no how to PM you.
I got your pm message,so you must have figured it out. I don't mind responding publicly in case it benefits anyone else. Living in Market Common and Emmens Preserve,we will be able to walk or ride our bikes to stores,restaurants,movie theater, farmers market in the spring and summer,lake with swings to sit in and many other things and activities. We will also be closer to the beach than we are now(less than two miles verses eight). The shopping and dining in Myrtle Beach is much better than here and there' a lot more to do when you have company. You say you are retired. Trust me when I say North Carolina is not retirement friendly financially. The homeowners association,property taxes and cost of living in general is a whole lot less in Myrtle Beach than Wilmington. You get a whole lot more for your money there. This is about all I can think of right now that affects lifestyle. If you have any other questions or if there is any other way I can be of assistance,just let me know.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:33 AM

32 posts, read 266,253 times
Lover of Animals, thank you for your quick and informative response. It pretty much was what I was thinking but I appreciate the perspective of someone who is living it . By the way, we live in NY and NC taxes are still lower butgaining !!! Thank you again .

Old 05-02-2014, 06:06 AM

638 posts, read 995,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcat8350 View Post
Lover of Animals, thank you for your quick and informative response. It pretty much was what I was thinking but I appreciate the perspective of someone who is living it . By the way, we live in NY and NC taxes are still lower butgaining !!! Thank you again .
My pleasure! I know what you mean about New York! We have family in New York and Jersey and it is insane!! That's why a lot of people up there are heading to the Carolinas.......especially retirees. We have several neighbors from New York,Jersey and Connecticut now and there's a lot in Myrtle Beach as well. Best of luck on your decision and move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area