Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 11:06 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times

Advertisements

I thought it might be a good idea to share links to news articles here--sometimes there are things happening that we just want to tell each other about without necessarily creating a whole thread of comments. If the discussion "has legs," we can create a new thread. I'll probably post primarily about NID news, like this item:

Dogs recovered from puppy mill - Bonner County Daily Bee: Local News: sandpoint, bonner county, animal rescue, priest river, puppy mill

25 young dogs have been rescued near Newport, WA, and they'll be available for adoption at the NID shelters soon. The article doesn't say what kind of dogs, but since their fur was matted, they're not going to be shorthairs, I guess!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 11:16 AM

Default Sale or Trade of Lakefront Cabin Sites

Land Board OKs sale of cabin sites - Spokesman.com - May 18, 2011

It affects old leased cabin sites along Priest Lake and Payette Lake. Cabin owners have three options:

Quote:
If all 521 lots were sold or traded away and went from state to private ownership, Langford said it’d be a big boost to the property tax base of Bonner County, which has the Priest Lake cabins, and Valley County in central Idaho, which has Payette Lake.
Under the state’s plan, in most cases, cabin owners who now lease their ground from the state would have three options: voluntary participation in consolidated land exchanges, voluntary participation in rolling auctions for sale of the lots, or continuing to lease the land from the state.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:23 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
I thought it might be a good idea to share links to news articles here--sometimes there are things happening that we just want to tell each other about without necessarily creating a whole thread of comments. If the discussion "has legs," we can create a new thread. I'll probably post primarily about NID news, like this item:

Dogs recovered from puppy mill - Bonner County Daily Bee: Local News: sandpoint, bonner county, animal rescue, priest river, puppy mill

25 young dogs have been rescued near Newport, WA, and they'll be available for adoption at the NID shelters soon. The article doesn't say what kind of dogs, but since their fur was matted, they're not going to be shorthairs, I guess!
is about all I can say. However the following quote comes from the article you posted-

Quote:
Panhandle Animal Shelter later took control over six of the dogs. Reynolds began the process of vaccinating, grooming and spaying or neutering the remaining animals — an assortment of Pomeranians, Yorkie Terriers, Maltese and either Shih Tzu or Lhasa Apso.
you are correct they are not shorthairs.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:00 PM

Guess I missed that!
So: small dogs up for adoption!

Old 05-24-2011, 02:14 PM

Default Free Fishing June 11!

Looking for good news? Here it is!

State hopes day lures new fishing fans - Bonner County Daily Bee: Local News: idaho fish and game, fishing, bonners ferry, sandpoint, clark fork

Quote:
Set for June 11, the day will allow residents and nonresidents of all ages to fish Idaho’s public waters without a license.

To help introduce inexperienced kids to the sport, IFG is sponsoring several fishing clinics around the state. IFG personnel will show up from 9 a.m. to noon and introduce kids to the finer points of fishing. Clinics in the region are set for Snow Creek Pond in Bonners Ferry, Clark Fork Lodge in Clark Fork, Priest Lake Golf Course in Priest Lake and Round Lake State Park in Sandpoint.
In addition, Idaho Fish & Game officials are inviting kids under 16 to participate a special free clinic with an experienced angler at Rose Lake come June 18.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:20 PM

39 posts, read 100,627 times
That's wonderful! I bet everyone is going to be so happy!

Old 05-28-2011, 12:40 AM

Default Ellington Murder Conviction Overturned

Idaho Supreme Court overturns Ellington murder conviction - Spokesman.com - May 27, 2011

Quote:
State Supreme Court justices have thrown out the second-degree murder conviction of a North Idaho man, citing prosecutorial misconduct and the likelihood that an Idaho State Police officer committed perjury during the 2006 trial.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:53 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,835,426 times
(From the judge) - - “It is abhorrent to this court, as it would be to any other court, that a man can be sentenced to twenty-five years for second-degree murder based primarily on the false testimony of a trooper of this state.”

Wow...not saying Ellington is innocent, mind you...but this type of misbehavior would get land you in such a world of hurt in big city law enforcement...and send a wave of appeals from anyone that had been convicted heavily on that officer's testimony.

Unfortunately, I have to admit I've been severely disappointed with the quality of law enforcement personnel I've seen up here so far.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:57 AM

I also had a jaw-dropping moment when I read the article...

Old 06-01-2011, 09:00 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times
Default Idaho among worst for school funding

Pretty sad for the kids here whose parents are not educated enough to homeschool or who can't afford private school.
Idaho among worst for school funding - Spokesman.com - June 1, 2011

Idaho ranks 50th in the nation for per-pupil spending on schools, a measurement for which the state perennially has scored a low ranking.
Now, according to the latest U.S. census report released last week, Idaho’s ranking for per capita spending based on personal income in the state has dropped dramatically, from 15th in the nation in 2001 to 41st.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho