Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2012, 12:15 PM

3 posts, read 9,862 times

Advertisements

I have two questions:

1.) I am thinking about taking a Spring/Summer vacation in Idaho this year. What is there to do in Idaho?

2.) I am black and I was wondering if there was any racial problems in Idaho? Are they respectfully to other races?

Thanks!

Peace,
Christopher
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 12:33 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,876,119 times
Answers:
1. To answer this best, it would help to know where in ID you will be. It's a big state, with lots to do if you like the outdoors.

2. I don't think you'll find Idaho any worse in this regard than most states. In the rural areas people may stare a moment longer than you'd expect-simply because many minorities are rare in the area. I have lived in the area for 20 years and have never witnessed overt racism.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:46 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
I can't speak for N. Idaho, but S.E. Idaho has a ton of summer activities all along it's corridor from Utah to the Montana border. Jackson Hole, just over the border from Idaho Falls, also has a bunch of activities, and is very close to Yellowstone Park. A 2-day tour through the park can put you outside the park at West Yellowstone, which is only about 20 miles from the Idaho border, so loop trips are easy to do.

S. Idaho has a small African-American minority living mostly in Pocatello and Idaho Falls, but are scattered in other towns as well. I live in I.F., and we have almost no racism at all. You would be very welcomed here.
Keim is right- you wouldn't encounter racism here, but in the really small communities, you might be a curiosity. This is fading though, as the world has become a much smaller place every passing year.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:31 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,665,161 times
Racism: Idaho. Non-issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho