Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2014, 04:18 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,671,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevpu1967 View Post
I know this news isn't from Idaho, but if you can't learn from others, who can you learn from?
Evidence mounting to suggest earthquakes are man made | KFOR.com

If you have a chance to stop the fracking companies from doing fracking damage and causing fracking contamination, then do it. But don't take my word for it, do some research on it. My beliefs are mine based on reading reports from both sides. If the government thinks it's a good idea, it probably isn't.
Sadly, fracking isn't a one state issue which is why I posted the notice above. Ohio and Pennsylvania are not alone when it comes to water contamination:

http://www.wunderground.com/news/peo...finds-20140911

Those who live 1 kilometer or closer to natural gas fracking wells are more than twice as likely to report skin conditions and upper respiratory symptoms, such as nose bleeds and coughs, as those living more than 2 kilometers away, a new report from Yale University found.

Education is the key to making intelligent decisions no matter where you live, especially about something as dangerous as fracking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 08:09 PM

274 posts, read 472,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
The report doesn't really present any evidence linking fracking to earthquakes, or that earthquakes are "man-made". The mere coincidence that there are more earthquakes and fracking does not establish causality.

Dave
I agree that this report doesn't go into a lot of detail about anything, but, at least we know someone is looking at it. Anytime you do something that causes the ground to shift, it won't end well. Just like it doesn't take much shifting in snow to cause an avalanche or much shifting in mud to cause a mudslide, I wouldn't think that causing the ground to shift thousands of feet below the surface to bring about much good. There are numerous reports on both sides of the argument of fracking. That is the reason I suggested doing your own research. To fix any problem, you first have to admit that there is a problem. Not everything that looks like a coincidence is a coincidence.

Texas: Man-made Earthquakes | StateImpact Texas

LA Times: Study links Oklahoma earthquake swarm with fracking operations - LA Times

MSNBC: New study links Oklahoma earthquakes to fracking | MSNBC

energy from shale website: Does Fracking Cause Earthquakes? | Energy From Shale

Well, you get the picture, there are other reports out there. All I ask is that you do your own research, formulate your own opinion on fracking and let your voice be heard. It is your home, Idaho, protect it like you would the house you live in. When you go from 2 earthquakes a year to 250 since January in Oklahoma, something caused it, and it wasn't because my fat butt finally went jogging (we couldn't handle that earthquake). The 250 since January is found in this report from the Huffington Post: States With Fracking See Surge In Earthquake Activity

Sage, I hope I haven't overstepped my boundaries with news from other states. I just wanted to get people to research what fracking may cause.

Dave, thanks for your honest input. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on fracking in Idaho.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:09 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,841,788 times
We're going way beyond not just the scope of Idaho, but Idaho NEWS releases....let's get back to Idaho News...

Old 09-13-2014, 08:56 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,277,152 times
Default Gun rights group ready to sue CDA over weapons ban

Idaho Second Amendment Alliance is ready to challenge a city ordinance banning weapons at parades and other public gatherings. It all has to do with the preemption law, which prohibits cities from regulating firearms. The group has already been successful in Twin Falls and are working throughout Idaho.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:14 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,902,437 times
Sun Valley among top three in Ski magazine reader's poll | Winter Recreation | Idahostatesman.com

Sun Valley Resort is ranked third for Overall Resort in North America by the annual SKI Magazine Reader’s Poll, currently on newsstands.

Sun Valley Resort also earned Top 10 rankings in a number of categories, including Lifts (#1); Grooming, On-Mountain Food, and Service (all #2’s); and Lodging, Dining, Character, and Off-Hill Activities (all #3’s).

Sun Valley Resort also earned the #2 spot in a new category, Sustainability, as well as #2 for Overall Satisfaction. The Resort also stayed within the top 10 for additional categories such as Après Ski, Family Programs, Scenery, and Terrain Parks.

Old 09-18-2014, 06:30 PM

2 posts, read 2,914 times
Sun Valley is so gorgeous!!!!! We love the town of Hailey and Ketchum. Would love to live near there someday (well near as I can !!)

Old 09-19-2014, 01:33 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
Sun Valley among top three in Ski magazine reader's poll | Winter Recreation | Idahostatesman.com

Sun Valley Resort is ranked third for Overall Resort in North America by the annual SKI Magazine Reader’s Poll, currently on newsstands.

Sun Valley Resort also earned Top 10 rankings in a number of categories, including Lifts (#1); Grooming, On-Mountain Food, and Service (all #2’s); and Lodging, Dining, Character, and Off-Hill Activities (all #3’s).

Sun Valley Resort also earned the #2 spot in a new category, Sustainability, as well as #2 for Overall Satisfaction. The Resort also stayed within the top 10 for additional categories such as Après Ski, Family Programs, Scenery, and Terrain Parks.
Ketchum and Sun Valley have been at it for a very long time, and know what it takes to make a resort area work. It doesn't hurt to have some of the best ski mountains in the U.S., either.

Old 09-20-2014, 11:22 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,747,546 times
Default Suspect Accused of Chewing Seat

Front page news in Bonner County:
http://www.bonnercountydailybee.com/...63601ca.html:D

Old 09-20-2014, 11:28 AM

50 posts, read 105,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
Link is broken. Try this one: Suspect accused of chewing seat - Bonner County Daily Bee: Local News

Old 09-20-2014, 12:01 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,747,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1405 View Post
Thanks! This lady is a handful...she was arrested a while back and managed to wiggle out of her handcuffs and crack a beer in the backseat of a cruiser on her way to jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho