Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2014, 02:11 PM

276 posts, read 644,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
On Friday they were asked by a same sex couple to perform a ceremony and declined, citing their religious beliefs. Knowing the CDA city code, they proactively sued the city on 1st and 14th amendment grounds (otherwise they're facing jail time and huge fines). So we will have to wait and see where this one goes in the federal court system.
The real agenda of the homosexual extremists is the destruction of our right to disparage and shun their sick lifestyle. They were granted a special right, and we will be denied our constitutional rights. The world is turning upside down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 03:27 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
On Friday they were asked by a same sex couple to perform a ceremony and declined, citing their religious beliefs. Knowing the CDA city code, they proactively sued the city on 1st and 14th amendment grounds (otherwise they're facing jail time and huge fines). So we will have to wait and see where this one goes in the federal court system.
I was for same sex marriage, as I've always believed it to be a civil rights issue.

But marriage is a special service; it's the religious bonding of a married couple, with religion being the key word here. A civil marriage by a magistrate coveys all the civil rights that are needed.

Every religious marriage is conducted with a belief that it will be a permanent bond for the rest of a couple's lives. Every ordained marriage is conducted with the belief that it is satisfactory in the eyes of God, no matter what religion it is.
While a wedding chapel puts a crass and cynical spin on this, as supposedly anyone of any faith (or none at all) can walk in and come out legally married, I still believe that, due to marriage's singular nature as a service rendered, all parties have to be willing to perform the contract. The ceremony itself makes all of the difference- nothing else about a marriage counts.

As a religious service, I can't understand why any couple, straight or gay, would want to force anyone who marries people as part of a job, into doing what is against the 'marrier's' religious principles, even if it is a wedding chapel, a business set up for that purpose alone.

I would never force a Rabbi to marry me against his wishes, or a Mormon Bishop, or a Baptist minister. If they don't want to conduct the service, that's fine with me. I think such an act is bad karma, and would put a shade on the marriage right from the first day. it has to be a ceremony done with a full heart by everyone concerned.

If any religion I didn't adhere to wouldn't marry me because I had no intentions of converting to that church as a condition, it's my right to refuse their service. I think that this is a door that swings both ways equally.

And I'm sure the couple can easily find a minister who will be happy to marry them with no conditions. A once in a lifetime deal shouldn't be ever taken lightly by anyone concerned.

As a business practice, I think the wedding chapel may be losing out. Right now, the issue is too new to make a difference in the Coer d'Alene wedding chapel businesses, but who knows?
In time, it's possible that C d'A could become a place where couples go to marry, just like Niagara Falls. I'll bet some of those old wedding chapels there had no problem at all marrying gays when it became legal there.

Old 10-19-2014, 03:35 PM

291 posts, read 438,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

As a religious service, I can't understand why any couple, straight or gay, would want to force anyone who marries people as part of a job, into doing what is against the 'marrier's' religious principles, even if it is a wedding chapel, a business set up for that purpose alone.
To make a political statement, likely the only reason they are getting married in the first place.

Old 10-19-2014, 05:02 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,365,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAngleDoesn'tSuck View Post
The real agenda of the homosexual extremists is the destruction of our right to disparage and shun their sick lifestyle. They were granted a special right, and we will be denied our constitutional rights. The world is turning upside down.
Quote:
"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, and they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness".

Declaration of Independence
July 4, 1776

KADS, I know of an abandoned cabin out in the middle of the Arco desert that you might be happy living in. Totally away from civilization and you can sit out there and think about what makes you happy in life.

Old 10-19-2014, 07:28 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,724,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post
KADS, I know of an abandoned cabin out in the middle of the Arco desert that you might be happy living in. Totally away from civilization and you can sit out there and think about what makes you happy in life.
There are plenty more than Kurt who refuse to go quietly into the upside down world that has been forced upon us in recent years.

In what world, other than an upside down one, would "civilization" be reserved for the purveyors of perversion and their cheerleaders, while those who stand up and challenge it's spread are confined to "an abandoned cabin"?

All men are created equal, but they sure don't behave equally. And there are no rights more fundamental than the right to make behavior-based judgements and to associate freely or not as we see fit.

Old 10-19-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
There are plenty more than Kurt who refuse to go quietly into the upside down world that has been forced upon us in recent years.

In what world, other than an upside down one, would "civilization" be reserved for the purveyors of perversion and their cheerleaders, while those who stand up and challenge it's spread are confined to "an abandoned cabin"?

All men are created equal, but they sure don't behave equally. And there are no rights more fundamental than the right to make behavior-based judgements and to associate freely or not as we see fit.
There is more to that reference that does not necessarily pertain to the current discussion. KADS has a long reputation of coming across as brash and very judgmental in numerous discussions of diverse topics. Some of the comments he has left have been rather rude. Per many of his posts, he does not seem like a happy person.

I am disappointed if you agree with his previously rude comment.

Last edited by TohobitPeak; 10-19-2014 at 07:43 PM..

Old 10-19-2014, 08:23 PM

276 posts, read 644,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post

I have hobbit on my ignore list, so I didn't see his invitation to me until you quoted it.

The whole "gay marriage" charade is a red herring.
These purveyors of perversion (good one) will not stop until it is a
crime throughout the land to disparage and/or shun their lifestyle.
Their goal is to destroy Christendom. Period.

The usurpers and so-called champions of equality impose their philosophy
on the world with total disregard for the hypocrisy and injustice of it.
Typical Stalinistic tactics.

People like hobbit are notorious for projecting their
hate and irrational thought process onto other people.
It's the liberal way.

Old 10-19-2014, 08:28 PM

186 posts, read 240,090 times
I've lived in much better times than these. The America I grew-up in had standards. Decency was customary and overwhelmingly prevalent. We didn't have gay rights parades. We didn't have savages burning, looting and rioting, because one of their own took 2nd Place in a confrontation with a police officer. We didn't have corrupt politicians opening the floodgates for illegal aliens to drain our tax dollars - while the latter stole American jobs and identities, raped and sodomized American women and children, and maimed and killed thousands of Americans with their drunk driving escapades. We had segregated neighborhoods and the undesireables knew there would be severe consequences, if they went where they didn't belong. Not only did we not have those things; we wouldn't tolerate them!

If you throw a frog into a boiling pot, it will jump right back out. But, if you put the same frog into a lukewarm pot and slowly dial-up the heat, it will remain in the pot until it dies.

Much of America has fallen prey to a slow indoctrination into the ways and acceptance of depravity. Those who dare to resist the onslaught of nauseating encroachments are labeled as "haters", "homo-phobes" and / or "racists".

If KADS is an unhappy person, it just might be because he loves his country - and hates watching it get destroyed by those who were once very widely considered far too vile to even breathe the same air.

KADS is hardly alone in his feelings...

Old 10-19-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAngleDoesn'tSuck View Post
I have hobbit on my ignore list, so I didn't see his invitation to me until you quoted it.

The whole "gay marriage" charade is a red herring.
These purveyors of perversion (good one) will not stop until it is a
crime throughout the land to disparage and/or shun their lifestyle.
Their goal is to destroy Christendom. Period.

The usurpers and so-called champions of equality impose their philosophy
on the world with total disregard for the hypocrisy and injustice of it.
Typical Stalinistic tactics.

People like hobbit are notorious for projecting their
hate and irrational thought process onto other people.
It's the liberal way.
LOL. I'm not liberal, just accepting. I shudder to think you consider yourself Christian since you are so judgmental. I am offended you abuse this because I am a Christian too.

Old 10-19-2014, 10:27 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,841,788 times
Y'all have had your say on this topic. As we're not going to turn "Idaho News" into "gay marriage debate", it's time to move on. If you want to make further comments (opinions) on this issue, go to the P&OC forum and have at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho