Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2012, 03:37 PM

32 posts, read 97,188 times

Advertisements

Kmarc, I saw this on top of a cab on the way home tonight and thought of you and this thread.

Well, shoot. I don't know why this came out sideways, but you get the idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 03:53 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,177,253 times
Bonnie,
OMG! No problem with the photo, I simply turned my head sideways. Thanks for the mammaries, er, uh, memories!

Gosh, I miss that Riverside Hotel pool on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Great place to spend the day after the night before.

I am glad to hear that Ft. Lauderdale has grown older along with you, that was such a lovely sentiment.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:21 AM

1 posts, read 4,853 times
Default I remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey514 View Post
Does anyone remember that 80's dance club on the East side of Fed Hwy just north of Commercial? Also, wasn't there a big "disco" in the early 80's in Hollywood (I think west). Is Shooters still around?
In 1984/85 I worked at September's Night Club, of which, was located on Fed Hwy. It had a five star restaurant, a house band called Celebration, a vip room called Chrystals, a swimming pool and they charged $5.00 cover to get in and you could not just sit you had to order something, first place I ever worked that they charged for water. Well drinks were $3.75, as well as water, Coke A Cola. As a server we dressed like Bunnies without the cuffs,colars,tail and ears. The band was awesome. I only came to this site because I was searching for any info I could find on whatever happen to September's after all these years. I would love to see someone post old pics of the place.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:31 PM

Default Remember September's

Cwray, anyone who worked at September's back in the day, certainly earned their money, that's for sure.

September's was an awesome place, IMO. Stephen Vincent really did that one right. He knew exactly what his market was and how to cater to them. He really had his finger on the pulse of Ft. Lauderdale nightlife.

The band was first class, my favorite place to go dancing. I remember at one point they had the "Dueling Divas", Suzi Carr and Carol Kauffman, in the same band, but I'm not sure if it was Celebration.

I also wouldn't mind if someone posted some old pics of September's, it was so much fun.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:43 PM

876 posts, read 3,792,173 times
Some good posts in here. Born and raised in FTL, but in the 80s I was busy watching cartoons and riding my bike. LOL

Old 11-17-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS View Post
Some good posts in here. Born and raised in FTL, but in the 80s I was busy watching cartoons and riding my bike. LOL
LOL, and if you were up early enough on a Saturday or Sunday morning, you might have seen a few of us floating home from the after-hours clubs.

I sure am glad there were no cell phone cameras, YouTube or Facebook in the '80s.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:45 AM

Sometimes I wish there were still no cameras, Facebook, or YouTube.

Speaking of the 80s, i sure do miss Atlantis Waterpark!

Old 11-18-2012, 01:49 PM

"Sometimes I wish there were still no cameras, Facebook, or YouTube."

Me, too.

"Speaking of the 80s, i sure do miss Atlantis Waterpark!"

Now THAT was a fun place, for both the young and young at heart. I guess DCOTA took its place? Not that I don't appreciate good interior design, but Atlantis was much more fun.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:21 PM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
"Sometimes I wish there were still no cameras, Facebook, or YouTube."

Me, too.

"Speaking of the 80s, i sure do miss Atlantis Waterpark!"

Now THAT was a fun place, for both the young and young at heart. I guess DCOTA took its place? Not that I don't appreciate good interior design, but Atlantis was much more fun.

No.....6 Flags Atlantis is currently a strip mall with a few outparcel restaurants that face I-95 including a Dave and Busters. Incredible Universe was the anchor tenant (kind of like a huge Best Buy from 1990's). Michael Swerdlow was the developer and that was a huge project for him at the time, he then moved on to condos in the 2000's.

Malibu Grand Prix is still a few blocks north (go car track), but it became Grand Prix Race-O-Rama and is currently Boomers. They added mini-golf, a wood roller coaster (recently closed) and some other rides but video games/go carts are the primary attractions.

Anyone remember the smaller water park called "Water Works" on Oakland Park? I believe it is now a self storage facilty.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:32 PM

Hmm.. Water Works. Sounds familiar, just probably too little to realize what it was. Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area