Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2009, 11:00 PM

69 posts, read 333,449 times

Advertisements

If you had to live in Fort Lauderdale, what area would you live in? (not in the surrounding cities)

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 06:32 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,361,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayana9 View Post
If you had to live in Fort Lauderdale, what area would you live in? (not in the surrounding cities)

thanks
ALMOST any of the areas surrounding downtown Fort Lauderdale. There are two or three I would avoid like the plague though. What exactly are the criteria you are looking for?

Old 09-23-2009, 09:43 AM

1,336 posts, read 4,964,639 times
any new downtown or beach highrise condo or bayview/coral ridge areas

Old 09-23-2009, 10:45 AM

238 posts, read 576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
ALMOST any of the areas surrounding downtown Fort Lauderdale. There are two or three I would avoid like the plague though. What exactly are the criteria you are looking for?
which areas would you avoid like the plague...and why.....

Old 09-23-2009, 10:58 AM

157 posts, read 487,570 times
In downtown Ft Lauderdale on the new river there are two new high rise condominiums. I think about 25 stories. Very nice,lots of amenities, nice location. Sorry I don`t know the names of the condos. I doubt I could afford to live there.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:13 PM

69 posts, read 333,449 times
i have posted on here before asking about other areas, but my husband will find out tomorrow if he is getting a job in fort lauderdale. if he gets this job we will be moving there shortly and we would be renting there for now, he wants to live in fort lauderdale while we get a better understanding of the area before we buy. We have two small children who have not started school yet, and would like to buy in about a year or so before they start school.

I would just like to know what the better areas are that i should be looking at, we would prefer to keep rent under $1400/month...

Old 09-23-2009, 01:25 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,361,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayana9 View Post
i have posted on here before asking about other areas, but my husband will find out tomorrow if he is getting a job in fort lauderdale. if he gets this job we will be moving there shortly and we would be renting there for now, he wants to live in fort lauderdale while we get a better understanding of the area before we buy. We have two small children who have not started school yet, and would like to buy in about a year or so before they start school.

I would just like to know what the better areas are that i should be looking at, we would prefer to keep rent under $1400/month...
In Fort Lauderdale, near downtown with a good school, go to rio vista. If I remember right the elementary schools is a A or B school (not that those letters mean anything, they really don't)

Rio Vista you can still walk downtown or ride your bike to it. Fairly pretty area with old style Florida homes. The further east you go in to Rio Vista you get into the finger isles they have in there and its really pretty. You are close to the airport, 595, I-95, Downtown and the beach. It is a win, win. Someone I work with JUST moved to Rio Vista and he LOVES it. not sure how much is rent is though

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
which areas would you avoid like the plague...and why.....
Well, I don't like Tarpin River area has a weird vibe to me.

The area just west of Progesso Village is not the best. I mean you don't have to worry about being caught in a shoot out or not but definitly not a place you move to if you have the means to live else where.

Also Sailboat bend is a bit suspect too. Not avoid like the plague suspect but suspect enough to think twice. I see you are from the city so I would equate it to being say in Fort Greene/Clinton Hill. You know, rich meets poor, meets halfway house

But that still leaves downtown proper, Flagler Village, Progresso Village, Victoria Park (south side of that area), Collee Hammock, Rio Vista, and Riverside is also cool in SOME parts.

Last edited by Wild Style; 09-23-2009 at 01:37 PM..

Old 09-23-2009, 02:42 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,964,639 times
im not sure any of the public high schools within ft lauderdale city limits are considered good, u would be looking at high priced private schools like pinecrest or westminster. otherwise move out to the suburbs for good public schools in places like coral springs/parkland, davie or weston...there are very few good public high schools in broward county
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area