Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2024, 01:32 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Oh good. Now college-going high school students will now know, without any doubt at all, that Florida will not officially recognize that different cultures have different needs. Welcome to the great white evangelical state-funded university system of the free state of floridah!
Florida's college students already knew that, so now they are learning more advanced career orientated material.

DEI is racist tripe, and it been sent down the garbage disposal in Florida.

You should see what DeSantis did for New college of Florida...turned it from Blue to Red in a few months, & put some of his Red Educator pals on the Board to make sure it stays Red. The faculty there are like babies...I LOVE it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2024, 01:59 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Florida's college students already knew that, so now they are learning more advanced career orientated material.

DEI is racist tripe, and it been sent down the garbage disposal in Florida.

You should see what DeSantis did for New college of Florida...turned it from Blue to Red in a few months, & put some of his Red Educator pals on the Board to make sure it stays Red. The faculty there are like babies...I LOVE it.
That's why New College is experiencing record drop outs/none returns and high levels of faculty quitting, limited available course and continuing cancellations. Inexperienced hacks in key positions and a Board of Governors made of people with no education experience but can spout right wing ideology verbatim.

Great waste of state money, I'm sorry for all the people who got s****d by this actions

Old 03-02-2024, 02:31 PM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
New College total enrollment increased.....

"Counteracting the student departures mentioned by Thiessen, New College has boosted its total enrollment this fall to 733 students, up 41 students from last year, according to the Herald-Tribune. Citing the college’s online fact book, the newspaper said the school has 325 incoming students this fall, an increase of 137 students from last year."

https://www.tampabay.com/news/educat...l-reports-say/

=======

".......about 125 students who chose not to return."

"In a school that last year had about 700 students total, the freshman class of 338 is the largest ever; it also has a higher proportion of Black, Hispanic and male students than previous ones did, according to the administration."

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/22/u...-desantis.html

Old 03-02-2024, 02:41 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
That's why New College is experiencing record drop outs/none returns and high levels of faculty quitting, limited available course and continuing cancellations. Inexperienced hacks in key positions and a Board of Governors made of people with no education experience but can spout right wing ideology verbatim.

Great waste of state money, I'm sorry for all the people who got s****d by this actions
Great investment in State money to ditch the radical Lib leaders at New College who were indoctrinating students. Nearly every college in the U.S. does the same. None of them got 1 penny of my money...I paid a conservative university in Georgia my money instead.

New College is also ditching the useless degrees that don't lead to jobs...every college should do the same.

Florida's winning, & the losers are & are fleeing, which makes me I hope they go far far away.

Last edited by beach43ofus; 03-02-2024 at 02:49 PM..

Old 03-02-2024, 02:54 PM

14,956 posts, read 9,790,824 times
State funded education... should not support or fund anything that involves social activism. Florida is doing it right and leading the way.

Florida has the best rated higher education system in the country. Lets keep it that way. https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...gher-education

Old 03-02-2024, 03:15 PM

this has nothing to do with ”education”....

....it's all about ”feelings”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIspfWvkgzg

Old 03-02-2024, 03:43 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Oh good. Now college-going high school students will now know, without any doubt at all, that Florida will not officially recognize that different cultures have different needs. Welcome to the great white evangelical state-funded university system of the free state of floridah!

Imagine, being able to gain admission to a school based on one's own merits, regardless of, or instead of just being considered to fill a quota for......(plug in ethnicity, race, culture, sexual preference, whatever's on that DEI list).

I always thought the race, etc based admissions to an institution were the height of condescension to the individuals who fell into these categories. As though they were incapable of meeting the requirements on their own efforts and merits.

Oh, and the 9 public universities are each state run, not run by " white evangelicals". You'd know that if you had any familiarity with the Florida state university system.

Old 03-02-2024, 04:00 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
“ State regulation to force closure of UNF LGBTQ Center, Intercultural Center, Interfaith Center, Women's Center”

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/artic...3-4e49f953ab32

Quote:
n order to meet the requirements of this regulation, UNF will have to close all of the centers in the Office of Diversity and Inclusion. This includes the Intercultural Center, Interfaith Center, LGBTQ Center and Women's Center
Because encouraging Muslim and Jewish students to find common ground amid their differences is apparently liberal wok extremism that muse be stopped.

I’ll also note that a lot of the educators leaving the state now are actually conservative Trump voters who simply don’t approve of what DeSantis is doing to higher education in Florida.

As for New College, a lot of the new students are recruited student athletes in new sports programs who typically had lower grades and test scores than a New College freshman would have had in 2021. (A really highly academically qualified recruited student athlete that doesn’t want to go D1, of which there are many, is going to leverage that and get a nice ‘need-based’ financial aid package form an Emory or Williams or Johns Hopkins or such rather than go with a NAIA school in its first year of intercollegiate sports.)

Old 03-02-2024, 04:35 PM

I don't think it could be any more clear......what the problem really is and where the problem really is

Old 03-02-2024, 05:34 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
I don't think it could be any more clear......what the problem really is and where the problem really is
We have a law that reduces the kinds of discussion among groups that could be beneficial to greater social stability. That’s hat the problem is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida