Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2022, 07:09 AM

200 posts, read 157,192 times

Advertisements

Don't live how others think you should live. Let people stew in their own lives. Leave people alone. Mind your business. If people are in debt, it's their business not yours. If someone else doesn't "tip" enough to your own standards or others, that's none of your business. Who are you? Let people live how they want. They don't need your permission or endorsement. Shut up and live. Florida is not a panacea for anything, neither is NY, TX, AL or CA. It's none or your business how other people choose to live their lives or spend their own resources. Keep your nose out of other people's choices and/or lifestyle unless it directly affects your own lifestyle, safety or choices. Piety is not a good look on anyone. People suck. Criticism can be dangerous in life when it comes to people's style and money. Nunya works most times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 05:29 PM

9,131 posts, read 6,180,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
The nazis and white hate groups take it over the top from other states.
What happened in Orlando a couple of weeks ago wouldn’t happen in any other place. And of course the governor pretends it is a nothing burger.
Also look at where the Jan 6 criminals came from - Florida really repped in that house.
Not just anti gay, anti jew, anti minority(black especially), anti choice, but violently so. That is the big giant difference. These committed right wing fanatics are committed to cause harm, be violent, and are even out to kill. And they feel totally justified.
That is the big difference.
You want your freedom and want to take out others that don’t agree- this is your state.
I can’t say if Florida breeds this from within or they come here seeking like minded individuals but many have made a happy home for themselves and their families in the sunshine state.

Aren't you Johnny sunshine.

Now, put that mirror down!

Old 02-15-2022, 06:09 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,252,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Aren't you Johnny sunshine.

Now, put that mirror down!
I have never been violent or talked violently or wanted to physically hurt anyone who thought or acted differently ever.
What would ever make you think that?

Old 02-15-2022, 08:21 AM

222 posts, read 222,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Florida is the fantasyland for the rest of the country.........

Cheap living, summer weather year round, flashy lifestyles, etc.

Then they get here and realize all their problems came with them, they have no support network/friends/family. So you can't hack it in Hackensack and you are moving to Flariduh. Now you are paying crazy rent for a crappy apartment nowhere near the beach like you dreamed, you are working 2 jobs, everything sucks, your friends come down once a year to visit and you don't even have time to hang out with them because your beat tired and broke!

I've posted this video countless times, it is reality:

We want to move to Florida where it is warm and sunny all the time.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad5paRXNWVg
I love this video and it’s so true, I can’t tell you how many people I’ve met who had the same thought process.

Old 02-15-2022, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
because the heat year-round drives you absolutely mad and the fact its filled with pissed-off boomers miserable and angry at everyone and everything. They come with a sense of entitlement and an expectation that the state should be run like it's the hayday of their childhood (the segregated 1950's) and like their sssshhhh don't stink and then find out real quick that locals and natives aren't there to cater to that.
This is an only in Florida story from today’s news.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tam...outputType=amp

And there is a good chance that this guy will actually get off. Crazy stuff. You just can’t make it up.

Old 02-15-2022, 03:59 PM

60 posts, read 29,264 times
I have lived in Saint Petersburg for 10+ years, and there is something wrong with a lot of people here.
They drive like they can’t die, and they are strange in a lot of ways. There seems to be a lot of pride here, and I don’t know why.

Old 02-15-2022, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blistered View Post
I have lived in Saint Petersburg for 10+ years, and there is something wrong with a lot of people here.
They drive like they can’t die, and they are strange in a lot of ways. There seems to be a lot of pride here, and I don’t know why.
More like they drive like they don’t care if they kill you.
You have any idea how many pedestrian are run over by cars?

Old 02-15-2022, 05:31 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,340,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blistered View Post

You mean Gay Pride?

not sounding to be a homophobe, but here in Punta Gorda believe it or not we have a lot of that too, especially the older, retired gay people.

Old 02-22-2022, 01:37 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,054,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
The nazis and white hate groups take it over the top from other states.
What happened in Orlando a couple of weeks ago wouldn’t happen in any other place. And of course the governor pretends it is a nothing burger.
Also look at where the Jan 6 criminals came from - Florida really repped in that house.
Not just anti gay, anti jew, anti minority(black especially), anti choice, but violently so. That is the big giant difference. These committed right wing fanatics are committed to cause harm, be violent, and are even out to kill. And they feel totally justified.
That is the big difference.
You want your freedom and want to take out others that don’t agree- this is your state.
I can’t say if Florida breeds this from within or they come here seeking like minded individuals but many have made a happy home for themselves and their families in the sunshine state.
That's sort of the type of person Ron DeSantis wants to come to Florida though, isn't it?

I mean, even Donald Trump himself relocated to Florida after leaving the White House.

Old 02-22-2022, 02:38 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,402,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowpat5 View Post
I'm being very serious here... I have lived in Florida almost my whole life. And various parts of Florida (never any further north than Ocala/not in the pan handle and as far south as Englewood). Florida seems to have a lot of narcissistic, angry people, wishy washy people. I love Florida because it's my home state... and I was born here. But another part of me really dislikes Florida because well tbh...
The short answer is IT'S ALWAYS BEEN THAT WAY. You just never noticed it.
With in the influx from the Northeastern US - all fleeing what they think is after them will eventually catch up and they'll turn the beautiful state into the sewer they left. And in the meantime will have filled your tax coffers enough to offset their bad behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida