Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2022, 05:37 PM

89 posts, read 153,404 times

Advertisements

I'm being very serious here... I have lived in Florida almost my whole life. And various parts of Florida (never any further north than Ocala/not in the pan handle and as far south as Englewood). Florida seems to have a lot of narcissistic, angry people, wishy washy people. I love Florida because it's my home state... and I was born here. But another part of me really dislikes Florida because well tbh...

The people kind of suck. Honestly (as far as I can remember at this moment) I'd say almost every person whom I've known on more than just an acquaintance level, has either moved back to their home state or have kind of turned into a "Florida man/woman" type character -- has gotten into drugs/drinking/arrests/life seems to unstable.

I have gotten out of this sort of crowd (and I'm not married which most people my age are so I'm not in the "parent"/family crowd either). Never been arrested but did hang around this stuff/"scene" when I was younger. Nowadays I have no social life to be honest. I just work, come home, read, play a couple different instruments, and repeat the next day. Feels like ground hogs day to be honest. I don't know if that's just adult life and I've never really grown up... or if it's just Florida, man.

I've been to a few other states but I was just on vacation/visiting and the one thing I noticed is... people drive better, I don't recall ever hearing any blaring sound systems in traffic, and random people seem to talk to you like they kind of know you (I'm undecided if this is a good thing or not lol). As in they're not in "defense" mode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2022, 06:01 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Just that way all over ray, just not this state nate. Peeps are fed up. I have been mad for years.

Old 02-10-2022, 07:18 PM

222 posts, read 222,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowpat5 View Post
I'm being very serious here... I have lived in Florida almost my whole life. And various parts of Florida (never any further north than Ocala/not in the pan handle and as far south as Englewood). Florida seems to have a lot of narcissistic, angry people, wishy washy people. I love Florida because it's my home state... and I was born here. But another part of me really dislikes Florida because well tbh...

The people kind of suck. Honestly (as far as I can remember at this moment) I'd say almost every person whom I've known on more than just an acquaintance level, has either moved back to their home state or have kind of turned into a "Florida man/woman" type character -- has gotten into drugs/drinking/arrests/life seems to unstable.

I have gotten out of this sort of crowd (and I'm not married which most people my age are so I'm not in the "parent"/family crowd either). Never been arrested but did hang around this stuff/"scene" when I was younger. Nowadays I have no social life to be honest. I just work, come home, read, play a couple different instruments, and repeat the next day. Feels like ground hogs day to be honest. I don't know if that's just adult life and I've never really grown up... or if it's just Florida, man.

I've been to a few other states but I was just on vacation/visiting and the one thing I noticed is... people drive better, I don't recall ever hearing any blaring sound systems in traffic, and random people seem to talk to you like they kind of know you (I'm undecided if this is a good thing or not lol). As in they're not in "defense" mode.
Same feeling love this state amd everything about it, grew up here and left for a while. Moved back about 7 years ago and it seems to get worse every year. I find the tourists from the Midwest are the nicest people. Seems like everyone is in too much of a hurry to make their next buck or just think they’re better than you. Luckily I don’t need many people in my circle and I found an absolutely awesome friend for life I can count on for anything.

Won’t lie, I’ve been actively looking to leave the state again just to be around nicer and fewer strangers, people who aren’t complete dirtbags and xxxholes on the road.

Old 02-10-2022, 08:06 PM

1,094 posts, read 807,204 times
Florida is getting crowded so a lot of people in one area will cause some people to be moody. In my experience I seen a mix of friendly and hostle people. It's not too different from North Carolina in my opinion (at least North Florida).

Old 02-10-2022, 08:16 PM

640 posts, read 448,879 times
Default It's not just FL

Quote:

If you'd spent more time in some other states, especially in the large cities filled with less-than-classy people, you'd hear plenty of radio blasted from the windows as well as careless and aggressive driving. Any place filled with low-lives has the things you are describing, except there is usually something to do indoors in the summer (libraries, museums). The suburban America is filled with nice middle-class people, but those places are not cheap. I'm sure you can find those in FL as well.

Old 02-11-2022, 07:13 AM

200 posts, read 156,944 times
Too many smartazzes, dirtbags, criminals, arrogant transplants from the NE and now even CA.

And yep, I'm a native/local

Old 02-11-2022, 07:31 AM

112 posts, read 134,720 times
Florida, like everywhere, is what you make of it. I do not think there are any more (or less) angry people here than most anywhere else. We do have the advantage of a great place to live, a place that is desirable to many people.

If you want to change up your lifestyle and things you do, that is kind of up to you. Take up a new hobby, join the meet groups, etc. The meetup groups are really great, you can meet people that share your interests and organize things to do. The "New in Town" groups might actually be best, even though you are not new. It helps you meet people that are new to the area, and are also trying to get out.

Old 02-11-2022, 07:42 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik33 View Post
If you'd spent more time in some other states, especially in the large cities filled with less-than-classy people, you'd hear plenty of radio blasted from the windows as well as careless and aggressive driving. Any place filled with low-lives has the things you are describing, except there is usually something to do indoors in the summer (libraries, museums). The suburban America is filled with nice middle-class people, but those places are not cheap. I'm sure you can find those in FL as well.
The nazis and white hate groups take it over the top from other states.
What happened in Orlando a couple of weeks ago wouldn’t happen in any other place. And of course the governor pretends it is a nothing burger.
Also look at where the Jan 6 criminals came from - Florida really repped in that house.
Not just anti gay, anti jew, anti minority(black especially), anti choice, but violently so. That is the big giant difference. These committed right wing fanatics are committed to cause harm, be violent, and are even out to kill. And they feel totally justified.
That is the big difference.
You want your freedom and want to take out others that don’t agree- this is your state.
I can’t say if Florida breeds this from within or they come here seeking like minded individuals but many have made a happy home for themselves and their families in the sunshine state.

Old 02-11-2022, 08:21 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Just that way all over ray, just not this state nate. Peeps are fed up. I have been mad for years.
Then you found your home in Florida, join the crowd who has gathered here to be mad - and proud of it.

Old 02-11-2022, 09:09 AM

18,426 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
Nowadays I have no social life to be honest. I just work, come home, read, play a couple different instruments, and repeat the next day.
ok, here's your problem....you're still running with the wrong crowd....you! LOL

Find time to do something outside of your home...that you're interested in...takes time...but you'll find new friends there...

...and yes....Florida makes non-natives and tourists very nervous for some reason
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida