Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2024, 03:36 PM

14,955 posts, read 9,790,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Best Life rates Florida #33.....Anger Index Score: 14.58

....Alabama #1...... Anger Index Score: 100.00....also the most stoned state

https://bestlifeonline.com/angriest-...-america-news/

#33 isn't bad at all........especially when you consider the vast majority are either not Florida natives or they are tourists

like where I live, you would think we all need to be locked up.....our population is ~7,000 on a good week

.....but right now there's over 35,000 people here....what you see is not natives
You know there's a problem when you see cars with NJ plates at the local watering hole in August.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2024, 03:50 PM

1,197 posts, read 527,858 times
Birds of a feather flock together.

Old 03-31-2024, 09:47 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
We have no more weird people than any other states. We just have more open reporting on things that happen here in Florida. Just watch the police show on Reels-Famous and infamous and it will enlighten you on how sad people are evetrywhere. There are Your state *Florida type man) in every state. Just watch the bloggers who asked the simplest questions in California, NYC, and around the country and you will see how dumb the people in the rest of the states are. It is not just the South or Florida, USA is definitely dumbing down in the last 20 years.

Old 04-02-2024, 08:05 AM

626 posts, read 400,285 times
Great point. All I see are culture wars and no solution to insurance and affordable housing…we especially need workforce housing in Palm Beach County.

Again, I don’t get a damn about persecuting gays, trans issues, and suppressing black/true history….NONE of that helps me as homeowner - Florida needs real solutions not base riling extremism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Plus, when your homeowners insurance goes up every year by a minimum of $2500, that tends to cause discontent. It's getting to the point where renting is cheaper than owning.

RIP American Dream!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/re...areas-8cd4cd03

Old 04-02-2024, 08:16 AM

4,474 posts, read 3,842,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
Great point. All I see are culture wars and no solution to insurance and affordable housing…we especially need workforce housing in Palm Beach County.

Again, I don’t get a damn about persecuting gays, trans issues, and suppressing black/true history….NONE of that helps me as homeowner - Florida needs real solutions not base riling extremism.
Exactly

Old 04-02-2024, 08:18 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowpat5 View Post
I'm being very serious here... I have lived in Florida almost my whole life. And various parts of Florida (never any further north than Ocala/not in the pan handle and as far south as Englewood). Florida seems to have a lot of narcissistic, angry people, wishy washy people. I love Florida because it's my home state... and I was born here. But another part of me really dislikes Florida because well tbh...

The people kind of suck. Honestly (as far as I can remember at this moment) I'd say almost every person whom I've known on more than just an acquaintance level, has either moved back to their home state or have kind of turned into a "Florida man/woman" type character -- has gotten into drugs/drinking/arrests/life seems to unstable.

I have gotten out of this sort of crowd (and I'm not married which most people my age are so I'm not in the "parent"/family crowd either). Never been arrested but did hang around this stuff/"scene" when I was younger. Nowadays I have no social life to be honest. I just work, come home, read, play a couple different instruments, and repeat the next day. Feels like ground hogs day to be honest. I don't know if that's just adult life and I've never really grown up... or if it's just Florida, man.

I've been to a few other states but I was just on vacation/visiting and the one thing I noticed is... people drive better, I don't recall ever hearing any blaring sound systems in traffic, and random people seem to talk to you like they kind of know you (I'm undecided if this is a good thing or not lol). As in they're not in "defense" mode.
NY, NJ transplants?

Old 04-02-2024, 08:41 AM

14,955 posts, read 9,790,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post

Government is rarely a solution to a market problem. I'm assuming you want some government action to rein in costs and to provide housing for some segment of the 'workforce'.

Do you have any ideas to go along with the 'problem' as you see it? Bearing in mind we live in the second freest state in the country and we're capitalists.

You can't change the system into an imaginary one.

Old 04-02-2024, 11:52 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
I personally don't see it here in Orlando. Most people are laid back and friendly.

I think there is a mainstream media push along with liberals from other states that are upset Florida has turned red in recent elections and are trying to make it seem like it's gone crazy aka Florida man. However, in reality, I see more crazy sh*t in just one day in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York City... than I see in Florida in 6 months. And yet... there is no California man, New York man, etc, which is why I think it's just a smear campaign started for political reasons.

Old 04-02-2024, 12:33 PM

I get the impression you're much too "senior" to be a renter so I will assume you're a homeowner with an insured property.

My question to you is, does the lifestyle of trans/gays, abortion issues, or suppressed American history make a day-to-day difference in your life? Or would perhaps savings in homeowners be more beneficial to you? I will also assume the insurance crisis is more relevant...so why does the Governor and many other Florida residents place such an emphasis on literal nonsense?

In the bolded portion, are you asking me what the solutions should be? If so maybe I should run for Governor especially since it appears the bar is so low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Government is rarely a solution to a market problem. I'm assuming you want some government action to rein in costs and to provide housing for some segment of the 'workforce'.

Do you have any ideas to go along with the 'problem' as you see it? Bearing in mind we live in the second freest state in the country and we're capitalists.

You can't change the system into an imaginary one.

Old 04-02-2024, 12:37 PM

Overall I agree, but don't think for a second Florida isn't free of loonies, especially in economically depressed/podunk areas.

https://floridaman.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I personally don't see it here in Orlando. Most people are laid back and friendly.

I think there is a mainstream media push along with liberals from other states that are upset Florida has turned red in recent elections and are trying to make it seem like it's gone crazy aka Florida man. However, in reality, I see more crazy sh*t in just one day in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York City... than I see in Florida in 6 months. And yet... there is no California man, New York man, etc, which is why I think it's just a smear campaign started for political reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida