Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2024, 08:40 AM

17,148 posts, read 15,357,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Old thread but yeah ^^^^^^ this is spot on.

Pizza/bagels are better back home.........good, I95 north is your route!

Culture/museums - I like to ask were you a annual pass holder? Did you go to broadway shows regularly? Usually the answer is no, hadn't been to anything in years. So why is that a concern? You didn't go anyway!

I think some people just like to complain: In NY.........oh its going to be awesome in Flariduh, in FL "Oh NY was so much better".........not happy regardless of the zip code.

I had a buddy like that, lived in the suburbs of Chicago (30 mins+) yet Chicago was the holy grail. He moved to Florida but Chicago was "it" then moved to Georgia, so much better than Florida then on to Texas where everything is bigger and better. His employment issues never changed, he was constantly looking for a new job. Your problems follow you to your new zip code......
LOL. The whole museum argument always makes me chuckle. When people say "but downtown such-and-such doesn't have as many museums!" How often do people who live in a particular city visit said city's museums??? Probably once, maybe twice in their lifetime.

I will say though, there is something very special about Broadway shows in NYC, but this is very much a niche interest that the vast majority of residents don't partake in regularly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2024, 01:58 PM

629 posts, read 402,311 times
Heat, humidity, high COL, angry MAGAs, housing costs, traffic in urban areas etc. Anyone of these reasons would be correct honestly.

Last edited by silverct9a; 03-29-2024 at 02:49 PM..

Old 03-29-2024, 02:41 PM

4,476 posts, read 3,844,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
Heat, humidity, high COL, angry MAGAS, housing costs, traffic in urban areas etc. Anyone of these reason would be correct honestly.
Plus, when your homeowners insurance goes up every year by a minimum of $2500, that tends to cause discontent. It's getting to the point where renting is cheaper than owning.

RIP American Dream!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/re...areas-8cd4cd03

Old 03-29-2024, 07:58 PM

35,019 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Plus, when your homeowners insurance goes up every year by a minimum of $2500, that tends to cause discontent. It's getting to the point where renting is cheaper than owning.

RIP American Dream!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/re...areas-8cd4cd03
Renting is no escape long term. Insurance is a major cost driving rent.

Old 03-30-2024, 07:20 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,797,636 times
Angry state rankings... Florida 17th out of 50 with Alabama the worst. https://bestlifeonline.com/angriest-...-america-news/ On the crazy scale... using mental health as a bench mark, Florida is 3rd best and West Virgina is worst. https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta.../mental-health

Personally my experience is the more congested, popular, urban and area is... the angrier it is. I bet if you used the sevices provided at the DMV as a bench mark it would be quite revealing. My DMV is an rural annex and there's never a line or a problem... or so it seems.

Last edited by Dave_n_Tenn; 03-30-2024 at 07:35 AM..

Old 03-30-2024, 11:40 AM

27,187 posts, read 43,876,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Angry state rankings... Florida 17th out of 50 with Alabama the worst. https://bestlifeonline.com/angriest-...-america-news/ On the crazy scale... using mental health as a bench mark, Florida is 3rd best and West Virgina is worst. https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta.../mental-health

Personally my experience is the more congested, popular, urban and area is... the angrier it is. I bet if you used the sevices provided at the DMV as a bench mark it would be quite revealing. My DMV is an rural annex and there's never a line or a problem... or so it seems.
Data collected is through employment assessment and shared for the study. Florida has the highest number of retirees and has the largest population of self-employed in the country, on top of the highest population of tourists at any given time which fuels the fire for residents already on the edge.

Old 03-30-2024, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Data collected is through employment assessment and shared for the study. Florida has the highest number of retirees and has the largest population of self-employed in the country, on top of the highest population of tourists at any given time which fuels the fire for residents already on the edge.
So you agree... it's the people from other states, who import their craziness and anger.

Old 03-30-2024, 02:24 PM

27,187 posts, read 43,876,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
So you agree... it's the people from other states, who import their craziness and anger.
Oh absolutely for the most part but they're not indicative of the area they left, which is a perpetuated stereotype of the "typical Northeasterner". It's an existing personality disorder and Florida has plenty of its own homegrown too. "Florida Man" for example is almost always homegrown.

Old 03-30-2024, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Oh absolutely for the most part but they're not indicative of the area they left, which is a perpetuated stereotype of the "typical Northeasterner". It's an existing personality disorder and Florida has plenty of its own homegrown too. "Florida Man" for example is almost always homegrown.
Scenario A. If the Florida man begins by saying "hold my beer" ... it hurts no one and I'm good with that. However
Scenario B. if it starts with brake checking, one finger salutes, and the words M-F'er, we have a problem Houston.

most locals would fall into category A

Old 03-30-2024, 03:34 PM

18,431 posts, read 8,264,501 times
Best Life rates Florida #33.....Anger Index Score: 14.58

....Alabama #1...... Anger Index Score: 100.00....also the most stoned state

https://bestlifeonline.com/angriest-...-america-news/

#33 isn't bad at all........especially when you consider the vast majority are either not Florida natives or they are tourists

like where I live, you would think we all need to be locked up.....our population is ~7,000 on a good week

.....but right now there's over 35,000 people here....what you see is not natives
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida