Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2020, 09:29 AM

11,781 posts, read 7,992,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Man that absolutely sucks!

Hope you can get it fixed ASAP.
Yeah, $50 deductible and it's fixed. Had to find someone willing to do it on a Sunday that also worked with my insurance.

Atlanta has one of the highest auto thefts in the nation and break-ins are pretty common here, probably more so now that so many people are unemployed. I sure wasn't expecting that though. What is crappy is I also had the keys to my other car in the glove box (and they were stolen) because I didnt want to leave them at my house in the event someone broke into my house and found them and steal the car.. ..so now I gotta replace two $300 key fobs.

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 06-07-2020 at 09:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2020, 10:05 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,330,473 times
$300 each?

My wife’s 2017 Honda Accord key fob cost $170+ tax to replace.

Glad you got it fixed so quickly though.

Old 06-07-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
$300 each?

My wife’s 2017 Honda Accord key fob cost $170+ tax to replace.

Glad you got it fixed so quickly though.
Yea it's for a Prius I bought.
I Wanted to take some stress off the Camaro's but the Toyota actually gets worse gas mileage on the highway than my Camaro does and I have to fill it up every 200 miles because it only holds like 6 gallons and has absolutely no power after 30 MPH to the decree that it's kinda dangerous to drive on the highway so I almost never use it now.

Old 06-07-2020, 11:31 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,330,473 times
My new Honda Civic coupe gets 42 mpg on the Interstate...

Last edited by ScoPro; 06-13-2021 at 06:57 AM..

Old 06-07-2020, 11:55 AM

7,742 posts, read 15,123,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Yeah, $50 deductible and it's fixed. Had to find someone willing to do it on a Sunday that also worked with my insurance.

Atlanta has one of the highest auto thefts in the nation and break-ins are pretty common here, probably more so now that so many people are unemployed. I sure wasn't expecting that though. What is crappy is I also had the keys to my other car in the glove box (and they were stolen) because I didnt want to leave them at my house in the event someone broke into my house and found them and steal the car.. ..so now I gotta replace two $300 key fobs.
you can probably buy the fobs on ebay and there typically are youtube videos on how to program them.

Will save you a lot of $$ over having the dealer do it. If they have your address they might come for your car eventually..

Old 06-07-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
My new Honda Civic coupe gets 42 mpg on the Interstate...
My Prius is advertised to get about 45 on the highway but in real world conditions it's only getting between 26 and 33 MPG on the highway. On the street though it gets between 42 and 50 MPG.

My SS gets between 28 and 35 MPG on the highway depending on how I drive. Leaving Austin I typically don't need gas until somewhere between Shreveport and Monroe Lousiana, and again somewhere near Birmingham Alabama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin97 View Post
you can probably buy the fobs on ebay and there typically are youtube videos on how to program them.

Will save you a lot of $$ over having the dealer do it. If they have your address they might come for your car eventually..
Yea I was kinda wondering if they would go through the hassle of coming all the way to Austin for it. The main problem is I'm locked out the car now and have to have someone unlock it somehow and then reprogram it without an existing key to turn it on.

Old 06-08-2020, 04:25 PM

743 posts, read 1,371,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin97 View Post

This is what we've done for key fob replacement (or other onlne merchants) and saved a lot of money.

Darn, that really stinks. Did they take anything else out of your car? Seems that if anything is left visible in a car these days, theft is becoming increasinbly common. It's really unfortunate. But yikes, if you only had stuff in your glove compartment? That's bold.

Glad you were able to get it fixed.

Old 06-08-2020, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakely View Post
This is what we've done for key fob replacement (or other onlne merchants) and saved a lot of money.

Darn, that really stinks. Did they take anything else out of your car? Seems that if anything is left visible in a car these days, theft is becoming increasinbly common. It's really unfortunate. But yikes, if you only had stuff in your glove compartment? That's bold.

Glad you were able to get it fixed.
Were you able to do it while being completely locked out of the vehicle? That's the main problem. I have no way of getting into the vehicle or turning it on.

And yea it was bold but its nothing new for Atlanta. They jack cars there while people are pumping gas even in good neighborhoods. Cops dont really care about theft there so it flies and nothing gets done about it. They even completely stole the copper lines from the street lamps on I-75 for a 7 mile stretch somehow noone noticed or caught who did it and to this date that road remains in the dark.

Old 06-13-2020, 02:12 PM

Found a wasp nest growing on the side of my house. I hate those little buggers. I'm terrified of anything that can fly and also stings but Im probably going to have to remove it myself. Anyone done this before?

Old 06-13-2020, 02:39 PM

15,268 posts, read 35,624,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Found a wasp nest growing on the side of my house. I hate those little buggers. I'm terrified of anything that can fly and also stings but Im probably going to have to remove it myself. Anyone done this before?
The cans of stuff that shoot 15 feet or whatever. Have an exit plan for as soon as you shoot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin