Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2019, 11:05 AM

11,781 posts, read 7,992,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
It takes a lot for me not to stop for tacos or coffee on my long runs. I had a **** 14 mile run (training for a full i. February) and kind of wanted to just stop at the Starbucks on riverside and just call an Uber for the two mile journey back to my starting point.
Yikes. I cant do 14 miles, back when I was in Seattle I was able to do around 7ish but ...eh that was apart of my commute >_>.. I have chronic bronchitis which kind of limits me to how long I can run because it gets difficult to breathe after awhile even with an inhaler.

Admittedly I've been picking up some weight ever since I moved here because I love the food here but now I'm trying to retrain my appetite and cut down some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2019, 10:13 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,469,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
My failed attempt at a morning jog.

I typically jog about once or twice a week. Trying to do so more but it's pretty difficult to wake up early enough before work to do it and it's usually still dark or too cold in the fall/winter. I'm closing on my house January 10th so right now I'm still near Lakeline area which I personally find to be pretty walkable and I think I'm going to miss that when I move to Leander.

So I decided I was going to jog to Starbucks over near H.E.B and grab me a white chocolate peppermint mocha (yes wrong intentions I know.)

I jogged up to the overpass for 183 and Lakeline Mall Blvd and sure enough the panhandler was woke. I normally pass under this bridge while he is still asleep. Dont get me wrong, I dont think anything of him and doubt he would really want confrontation but I didnt want to play with the odds either given I was the only one outside and he was standing right on the sidewalk I went up the access road to cross at S.Lakeline Blvd instead.

About halfway to S.Lakeline Blvd, I found a sign that said 'First Watch, rated best breakfast in Austin'. ... ... having seen them before in Cedar Park, I wanted to try it, I found my jogging route straying into some random strip center and there I was at the front door of First Watch.

I'm currently abducted and distracted by Lemon Pancakes and Sausage Links... So much for my workout. I'll have to reschedule my jog.
I do all of my workouts in an air conditioned gym, lol. Have zero time for doing running of any kind outside. I like First Watch, delicious food. They have one in Round Rock.

I'm happy I burned off 95% of my holiday weight gain. Going to go a bit easier on Christmas.

Old 12-20-2019, 03:16 PM

I so greatly welcome this rain despite how cold it feels. After this last summer I could welcome almost any kind of rain.

Old 01-10-2020, 02:08 PM

Yikes.

Anyone happen to know what happened to Grand Lux Cafe in Domain? They appear to be permanently closed. Looks like this is the second major restaurant to close there.

Old 01-11-2020, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 3,423 times
I'll be in Austin this week to apartment hunt. Likely moving there in March.

Looking for something relatively nice but also want a good promotion (i.e. 1-2 months free with 1 year lease, etc.).

Does anybody know where I can find a list of all of the newest apartment complexes? I find that those are the ones that tend to have the best promotions.

Or, absent that, anybody with recommendations for best way to find a good apartment? i.e. Austin-specific sites or apartment brokers?

Old 01-13-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs4555 View Post

Looking for something relatively nice but also want a good promotion (i.e. 1-2 months free with 1 year lease, etc.).

Does anybody know where I can find a list of all of the newest apartment complexes? I find that those are the ones that tend to have the best promotions.

Or, absent that, anybody with recommendations for best way to find a good apartment? i.e. Austin-specific sites or apartment brokers?
From my experience based on renting twice, many apartments offer 1st month free or a waived deposit, don't come here expecting 2 months free though. That won't happen here.

Best way to find your apartment is find out where you're going to work, look for apartments around the vicinity of your job through conventional apartment websites like apartmentfinder or apartments.com. I'm sure there are others but truthfully I didn't look online for either of mine. The first one was recommended by my job and the second one I accidentally stumbled upon while driving.

Old 01-18-2020, 12:51 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,409,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs4555 View Post

Check out apartmenthunters_atx, pureaptlocating_atx, or austinapartmentlocating on IG. They usually post deals on apartments that are offering first month free, discounted rates, or specials.

Old 02-05-2020, 10:02 PM

Is anyone else seeing snow outside?
Just yesterday it was in then 80's too

Old 02-27-2020, 11:39 PM

Wanted to see what Austin thought of this - I made this in Cities Skylines ... Its nowhere near finished and its a glitchy in some areas and just undone in others. I just dont really have the time to finish it anymore. Its laggy because I streamed it to Youtube rather than uploading it.... Watching on 2x speed (settings) makes it alittle more tollerable - sorry. I just dont feel like re-recording it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHaiIlbpSlE

Old 02-28-2020, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Wanted to see what Austin thought of this - I made this in Cities Skylines ... Its nowhere near finished and its a glitchy in some areas and just undone in others. I just dont really have the time to finish it anymore. Its laggy because I streamed it to Youtube rather than uploading it.... Watching on 2x speed (settings) makes it alittle more tollerable - sorry. I just dont feel like re-recording it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHaiIlbpSlE
Disregard the link above. The quality was awful so I removed it and reuploaded: https://youtu.be/E_YSD7Ly9Xs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin