Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 03:25 PM

5 posts, read 343 times

Advertisements

Well, this is out of the blue...
We have a few sets of window blinds that have been removed(most have failed in the mechanical operation) and I don't want to put them in bulk trash pick-up IF folks out there are re-using them in some fashion. These are faux wood-type blinds.

Any thoughts? We've switched to shutters after 10 years of replacing blinds(more than once).

By the bye, not a new member...had to re-join after about 15 years!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM

15,280 posts, read 35,720,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachRick View Post
We have a few sets of window blinds that have been removed(most have failed in the mechanical operation) and I don't want to put them in bulk trash pick-up IF folks out there are re-using them in some fashion. These are faux wood-type blinds.

Any thoughts? We've switched to shutters after 10 years of replacing blinds(more than once).

Were you the coach rick from Atlanta or something?

Old Yesterday, 05:12 PM

11,876 posts, read 8,112,887 times
Slightly off topic but I'm a recycling addict. I recycle just about anything and everything that looks remotely recyclable. My recycling bin tends to be larger than my actual trash bin. Probably most of it won't get recycled, but I did my part.

Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM

5 posts, read 343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
Were you the coach rick from Atlanta or something?
Indeedy, formerly known as 10sCoachRick. I've gone to the dark side...Pickleball !!!

Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM

5 posts, read 343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Slightly off topic but I'm a recycling addict. I recycle just about anything and everything that looks remotely recyclable. My recycling bin tends to be larger than my actual trash bin. Probably most of it won't get recycled, but I did my part.
Sadly, from what I've observed locally and what I've read, very little actually gets recycled. We try to do our part; but I see plastic bags, trash, yard waste, etc in the blue Austin Re-cycle bins every week! There is one house very close to me that only has two recycle bins...no trash bin...and I know they don't give it a thought.

Sadly, at this point, pickleballs are not easily recyclable(except to be ground up for certain projects). Same with coroplast signs.

Old Today, 01:03 PM

12,967 posts, read 13,406,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachRick View Post

I wondered where you had wandered off to.
Reminds me, I should drop by another TGT Friday lunch sometime.

Old Today, 04:41 PM

5 posts, read 343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I wondered where you had wandered off to.
Reminds me, I should drop by another TGT Friday lunch sometime.
Good to hear from you!
The TGT lunch is hanging on by a thread. Covid did a number on us and a few core members

have moved away. We were at MOOYAH Lakeline last Friday...perhaps looking more eastward for next week. Stay tuned and/or check the Austin Lunch thread on TGT for updates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: