Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 03:06 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,732,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
So I guess the next question is, can you see yourself submitting driver control to an autonomous vehicle?
Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2019, 04:18 PM

5,865 posts, read 11,920,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
If it's just you, and you don't have some type of vacuum sealing machine to freeze portions, it's a complete waste of money for you.
But you can get a great deal on a vacuum sealer at Costco!

There are only 2 of us and we have both a Sams and a Costco membership. We don’t buy a lot of fresh food except meat which we vacuum seal, but there are plenty of frozen foods and dry goods that you can buy in bulk and save some money. Gas is cheaper at both as are things like appliances and TV’s. We save more than the cost of a membership each year, but it kind of boils down to whether they carry things you buy normally.

Old 11-20-2019, 04:28 PM

11,781 posts, read 7,992,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Pretty much every aspect of cars today is way better than 40 years ago. Even the tires. The fatality rate is less than half what it was in the 1970s.
Ouch https://youtu.be/XHSYAlsIc2I

Old 11-20-2019, 08:59 PM

5,716 posts, read 4,683,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
But you can get a great deal on a vacuum sealer at Costco!

There are only 2 of us and we have both a Sams and a Costco membership. We don’t buy a lot of fresh food except meat which we vacuum seal, but there are plenty of frozen foods and dry goods that you can buy in bulk and save some money. Gas is cheaper at both as are things like appliances and TV’s. We save more than the cost of a membership each year, but it kind of boils down to whether they carry things you buy normally.
All good points. I always forget about gas as neither Costco or Sam's has it Southwest.

Old 11-23-2019, 10:46 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,545,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
All good points. I always forget about gas as neither Costco or Sam's has it Southwest.
I drive past the Cedar Park Costco 2-3x per week; so re-fueling there is super convenient. Not only is the price at the pump a little lower(for TOP TIER fuel), my Citi-Costco Visa kicks back 4% on my petrol purchases. AND...I'll bet you've never heard of a "skimmer" being installed on a Costco pump!

Old 11-23-2019, 10:51 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,545,822 times
Quote:
Anyone here happen to have a Costco or Sam's Club membership? I was thinking of getting one but not sure if it's worth it.
Definitely prefer Costco; but Groupon has a deal for Sam's that is darned near free if you take advantage of the spiffs.
Downsides for me(at Sam's)...no Pacific wild-caught salmon, no Top Tier petrol, no organic mixed veggies that we liked(frozen). It's been a couple of years since we did the Groupon deal for a membership...didn't renew once I started playing Pickleball next door to the Cedar Park Costco

Old 11-24-2019, 04:59 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,469,203 times
I prefer Costco. Sams, the interior seems depressing

Old 11-29-2019, 05:50 PM

Today was officially...a really black friday....

Old 12-07-2019, 08:41 AM

My failed attempt at a morning jog.

I typically jog about once or twice a week. Trying to do so more but it's pretty difficult to wake up early enough before work to do it and it's usually still dark or too cold in the fall/winter. I'm closing on my house January 10th so right now I'm still near Lakeline area which I personally find to be pretty walkable and I think I'm going to miss that when I move to Leander.

So I decided I was going to jog to Starbucks over near H.E.B and grab me a white chocolate peppermint mocha (yes wrong intentions I know.)

I jogged up to the overpass for 183 and Lakeline Mall Blvd and sure enough the panhandler was woke. I normally pass under this bridge while he is still asleep. Dont get me wrong, I dont think anything of him and doubt he would really want confrontation but I didnt want to play with the odds either given I was the only one outside and he was standing right on the sidewalk I went up the access road to cross at S.Lakeline Blvd instead.

About halfway to S.Lakeline Blvd, I found a sign that said 'First Watch, rated best breakfast in Austin'. ... ... having seen them before in Cedar Park, I wanted to try it, I found my jogging route straying into some random strip center and there I was at the front door of First Watch.

I'm currently abducted and distracted by Lemon Pancakes and Sausage Links... So much for my workout. I'll have to reschedule my jog.

Old 12-07-2019, 09:52 AM

9,849 posts, read 13,690,768 times
Quote:
My failed attempt at a morning jog.

I typically jog about once or twice a week. Trying to do so more but it's pretty difficult to wake up early enough before work to do it and it's usually still dark or too cold in the fall/winter. I'm closing on my house January 10th so right now I'm still near Lakeline area which I personally find to be pretty walkable and I think I'm going to miss that when I move to Leander.

So I decided I was going to jog to Starbucks over near H.E.B and grab me a white chocolate peppermint mocha (yes wrong intentions I know.)

I jogged up to the overpass for 183 and Lakeline Mall Blvd and sure enough the panhandler was woke. I normally pass under this bridge while he is still asleep. Dont get me wrong, I dont think anything of him and doubt he would really want confrontation but I didnt want to play with the odds either given I was the only one outside and he was standing right on the sidewalk I went up the access road to cross at S.Lakeline Blvd instead.

About halfway to S.Lakeline Blvd, I found a sign that said 'First Watch, rated best breakfast in Austin'. ... ... having seen them before in Cedar Park, I wanted to try it, I found my jogging route straying into some random strip center and there I was at the front door of First Watch.

I'm currently abducted and distracted by Lemon Pancakes and Sausage Links... So much for my workout. I'll have to reschedule my jog.
It takes a lot for me not to stop for tacos or coffee on my long runs. I had a **** 14 mile run (training for a full i. February) and kind of wanted to just stop at the Starbucks on riverside and just call an Uber for the two mile journey back to my starting point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin