Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2017, 10:41 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,795,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I wouldn't buy them unless the seller included ear protection for the purchaser.

Sorry for the noise, everyone, I got dinning room chairs.

Here's one you'll appreciate:
President Trump is not an idiot. He fly's in his personal Jet Airliner.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:08 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,145,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
Sorry for the noise, everyone, I got dinning room chairs.
Actually that makes perfect sense!

Quote:
Here's one you'll appreciate:
President Trump is not an idiot. He fly's in his personal Jet Airliner.
Obviously not a liberal. If a liberal you would never see the words, 'Trump,' 'idiot,' and 'not' in the same sentence!

Funny post Nicci!

Old 05-12-2017, 11:22 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,795,025 times
When will they check their own priveledge! - spelling is hard.

FBI reopening Clinton e-mail with a second look to see if any crimes were broken.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:37 AM

202 posts, read 129,084 times
Quote:
When will they check their own priveledge! - spelling is hard.
Perhaps priviledge is the on the cutting edge of modern, illiterate spelling! It is a privilege reserved for the purely uneducated. If their uneducation weren't pure they might gain the privilege of proper spelling. ... Naw... That would never happen, not in this universe, or at least not on C-D.

Maybe we can "dis-uneducate" them? No, that would never happen at C-D. I'd melt into the Wicked Witch of the North before that day! LOL!

Quote:
FBI reopening Clinton e-mail with a second look to see if any crimes were broken.
I thought all her emails disappeared once she deleted the umpty-zillion emails about weddings and planning galas.

I wonder if breaking and entering could be considered as breaking a crime?

In any case, solvable by the miscreant entering into police custody!

Funny how breaking out of jail is a crime in itself! I guess that comes under the category of compounding your felonies. I wonder if a potential jail breaker could be considered as having a de-compounding interest?

Old 05-12-2017, 11:41 AM

19,145 posts, read 25,364,085 times
Quote:
see if any crimes were broken.
That reminds me of some twisted verbiage that is painted on the side of a clothing donation box in the next town.
In an apparent effort to deter people from leaving donations on the sidewalk when the box is full, passersby are informed that...Dumping is a fine enforced by law.

Dumping?
Its'a fine!

Old 05-12-2017, 12:15 PM

4,801 posts, read 2,808,014 times
Default I was a lonely teenage broncin' buck

@ a forum far, far away:

"and jump on any band wagon that attacks him."

It's the rogue band wagon that intrigues me. & what kind of band is it? A roving band? A vicious band (that'd be my guess)? A garage band? Do they hold fundraisers for themselves - Band-Aid? Is this different from a bandwagon? Is it like a band of brothers?

So if a band wagon attacks you, & you jump on, have you then become complicit in the wagon's attack upon you? What happens if the wagon tries to buck you off?

Old 05-12-2017, 01:27 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,770,382 times
Default with a pink carnation and a pickup truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
@ a forum far, far away:

It's the rogue band wagon that intrigues me. & what kind of band is it? A roving band? A vicious band (that'd be my guess)? A garage band? Do they hold fundraisers for themselves - Band-Aid? Is this different from a bandwagon? Is it like a band of brothers?

So if a band wagon attacks you, & you jump on, have you then become complicit in the wagon's attack upon you? What happens if the wagon tries to buck you off?
I've heard it's painful to fall off the wagon.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
@ a forum far, far away:

That's funny that you mentioned band wagons. A few years ago a crazy band actually drove their main instrument carrying truck and a few presumably band member vehicles and blocked the whole HOLLYWOOD FREEWAY and put on an impromptu concert! That's no lie, it's a true story!

The CHP eventually broke up their freeway blocking party and towed away that band wagon, lock, stock, guitars and all! Last I heard all of the involved parties were prosecuted... Probably by being forced to listen to their own music! Any band that has to block a freeway to get attention can't be good!

Band members arrested after blocking 101 Freeway for performance | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

Band members who blocked Hollywood Freeway charged with felonies | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan123 View Post
I've heard it's painful to fall off the wagon.
Much easier to fall off the wagon than fall on that wagon, although possibly leaping from a building might help that. Landing head first would be considered a permanent solution!

Old 05-12-2017, 03:10 PM

19,145 posts, read 25,364,085 times
Quote:
President Trump is not an idiot.
Well, the jury is still out on that issue, but after his recent interview with staffers of The Economist, it is beginning to look like... somebody... did not pay attention in his high school history classes, or in his college-level economics classes. Skip down to the part dealing with "priming the pump" if you want to be truly appalled.

Trump Explains Economics to The Economist. Hilarity Ensues.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Well, the jury is still out on that issue {Trump as an idiot}
Name calling gets you no points with me. Get a dictionary and look up the word 'idiot.' Maybe you misunderstand the meaning, or maybe you just enjoy ad hominem attacks?

Why is it that people intend to discuss a serious subject, and then inject name calling instead of sticking to coherent, comprehensible thoughts?

I'd rather have a debate without the name calling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.